Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Barrage adjustment (?)

So just a thought on the matter, asking the rest of the forum what they'd think about having barrage fire all shots regardless of misses?

Probably would negate the whole criting on all hits and calculate the chance to crit individually then though...
    (2)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Either make barrage fire all shots regardless of misses or make Sharpshot 100% accuracy. Preferably both.
    (1)

Player
    Should lower the recast a bit and make the Gastrophetes make Barrage 100% accurate. If they did that, the mythic crossbow would actually be pretty boss. Since with an 11 shot barrage you have like a 40ish% of landing all hits, imagine having a 100% chance of landing an 11shot barrage geeze...
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    i was under the impressing 8 rounds was the max for any single attack, so are you sure 11 shot barrage is possable?

and even with that buff the ws is pretty crap? how would that be made up?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Yes, but barrage is special. It is also easily testable by just looking at how many arrows you lose, so don't worry about this not being correct. However, I am not sure where 11 comes from. As far as I know, it is 8 shots at level 99, plus two more shots from two pieces of equipment.

And it is not a WS, it is a job ability.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-06-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    talking about mythic ws being crap if (Actually more like how) the barrage being better makes up for that ........

I only know about rng af +1 since I have that lol so i get 9 arrow barrage? neat!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Assuming you can actually land 9 in a row, yes.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Should lower the recast a bit and make the Gastrophetes make Barrage 100% accurate. If they did that, the mythic crossbow would actually be pretty boss. Since with an 11 shot barrage you have like a 40ish% of landing all hits, imagine having a 100% chance of landing an 11shot barrage geeze...
    Been many years since I was in school and had to do this math, but isn't it 0.95 to the power of 11 for an accuracy capped siutuation? which is just over 56%.

I ask for clarification as by my maths, if you fired 20 shots you'd expect to miss 1 with 95% accuracy, but 0.95 to the power of 20 is 35% chance to land all hits. Which seems way too high. What am I doing wrong?
    (0)

Player
    Only peices im aware of that enhance barrage are ASA pants and AF1+1 hands, havent toyed around with it enough to tell if i'm reaching above 8 hits.

To answer your question compounding probability VS base chance are two separate things i think (not even sure if i'm using the right terms here /sigh) better to say one describes your chance to miss out right where as the other describes the chance of you hitting x amount of times in a row without missing, hence why the values differ.

In this case each time you shoot you have 95% 1/20 chance to miss, for 20 shots you have a 35% chance of not missing once, or in other words a 65% chance of missing with 20th shots.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nala; 10-09-2012 at 10:29 AM.

10. 10-09-2012 10:26 AM
    Reason
    Meant to edit not quote myself x.x

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Yes, but barrage is special. It is also easily testable by just looking at how many arrows you lose, so don't worry about this not being correct. However, I am not sure where 11 comes from. As far as I know, it is 8 shots at level 99, plus two more shots from two pieces of equipment.

And it is not a WS, it is a job ability.
    phineus gun
    Hunter's Bracers +1
    desultor tassets
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast