Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Please make relic/mythics retain partial stat+ functionality on the offhand.

As the title says, many of the relic/mythics would become the best offhand weapons for their class if this was allowed, which I think is a reasonable tradeoff given the amount of effort that goes into these weapons, but also because with the removal of all their function but their damage and attack, the weapons become completely useless in the offhand. The only limitation I would add is to remove the OTDs on relics and the aftermath effects for the mythics when they are offhanded. I believe this is a fair tradeoff.
    For relics, the +40 attack and base DMG from an offhanded 99 relic does not usually outdo the 11STR and 22Attack from a STR magian by a large enough margin to justify its removal, and its removal actually makes these weapons worse than said magian weapon, which only take a fraction of the investment.
    For Mythics, its more of a case by case basis, but there is actually a not a single weapon for which this would be "broken". Observe:

Daggers:
    Currently moot.
    -Mandaus are always main-handed with Twashtar plugged into the offhand if both are available
    -The same can be said of the Terpsichore
    -The Vajra has the potential to be a good offhand, but in truth it would end up simply being a slightly beefed-up crit damage weapon ala Oneiros Knife as it only powers up SA and TA and not overall crit hits. In truth, because of its ugly-high delay, even the SA and TA boost cannot save it in many instances.

Sword:
    -If add effect is removed, Excalibur woud barely outdo a Shikargar. Even with it on, RDM and PLDs typically melee with En- spell effects and this greatly diminishes its usefulness.
    -Murgleis would serve no meleeing purpose but only allow a RDM to preserve some survivability without losing TP by offhanding it during combat
    -Burtgang would be pointless as the weapon is obviously meant to be wielded with a shield
    -Tizona would lower the BLU's melee attack damage in favor of higher casting frequency, which is situationally weaker due to the fact that a BLU's swords can outpace their spell damage output

Axe:
    -Since Farsha has the lowest base DMG it would be offhanded anyway, thus in regards to an Aymur/Guttler combo, the BST would be sacrificing potential pet bonuses to increase his own damage In fact, if a BST wanted to simply increase his own damage output, Guttler/Astolfo would be superior, and for a pet-centered BST, he would offhand some pet Astolfo with the Aymur.

Katana:
    -Kikoku would outpace Fire Arisui on the offhand, but not by much. The paralyze effect is very weak and is often outdone by Jubaku: Ichi.
    -Nagi is garbage whether its in the main hand or the offhand.

Club:
    -Relic club is always main-handed if its owned when damage is the goal
    -Yagrush would simply allow the WHM to continue being a useful support while cast on the front lines. Really, any situation a WHM is meleeing this shouldn't really be a big deal anyway.

Further general points:
    -None of the actual good combos will have one-handed jobs dealing damage anywhere near a properly geared relic/mythic/empyrean two-handed job short of things like BLMs meleeing with their Laevateinn and such
    -Bards are allowed to gain the full effect of all 3 of their relic, mythic, and empyrean items at once! Is two for us poor one-handers so unreasonable?
    -It seems like a nice reward for people that bothered putting effort into all these weapons!

Suggestions, objections?
    (7)
    Last edited by Kincard; 10-15-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Sword:
    -Tizona would lower the BLU's melee attack damage in favor of higher casting frequency, which is situationally weaker due to the fact that a BLU's swords can outpace their spell damage output
    The BLU spreadsheet I'm using atm doesn't have Mythic AM3 on it, so I'm not 100% sure and no proof. But on fodder or dynamis DC with /WAR and RCB, I'm getting higher Req numbers than CDC when both weapons at lv 99, and Mythic AM3 isn't active. If you can somehow activate AM3, Mythic may still pull ahead even with just melee dmg. Although as mob level goes up, req number also gets lower due to attack penalty, but technically anything higher lv I wouldn't bring a BLU to begin with(excluding VW proccing).

Not to mention on dynamis DC or any EP~DC mobs, large portion of dmg would be coming from spells anyways. But this sword seems like one of the best BLU DD sword for anything you'd bring BLU to, excluding VW.

And one suggestion I have to make for Mythic is to buff ranged Mythic. I see no reason why ranged Mythic weapon has to be this bad. Melee gets OAX, which proc on WS, on top of making you TP faster. Ranged gets what? ODD/ODT, doesn't proc on WS, doesn't make you TP faster, not fair.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 10-19-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Character
    Greffex
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I support this idea.
    (0)

Considering all the money and effort put into mythics and relics, I think it would be perfectly fine to let the weapons retain their stats when offhanded, even the occasionally 2-2.5-3x extra damage one too, as long as it applied only to the relic weapon itself, not the other weapon you would be dualwielding.

And of course, anything that increases dyna currency demand sounds good to me!
    (2)