Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Duvemora
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 39

FoV Augmentation needs an overhaul...

I'm not asking to give us better augments. I'm asking to allow us to augment an item again, if the first augment wasn't something we wanted. It's disheartening to see an item you love, or an item that is expensive get an augment that totally ruins it. And then it usually gets vendored. It's frustrating.

Just allow us to reaugment an item. Remove all of the current augments on the item, and start anew. I think FoV augmentation would be used a lot more if this was implemented.

The once a day earth time thing is sorta silly too. Most players now are overflowing with Tabs. Let us use them on something besides Repatriation or Warping.

Allowing us to send augmented items to alternate characters would be nice too, but I can understand why that wouldn't be considered.

And finally... let us FoV augment signed items. Last I checked, you couldn't. Say a friend makes you a Gala Corsage, and signs it. The item is going to be special to you. Why not make it even more special by augmenting it?

Just my two cents.
    (14)

Player
    Agreed, this is a reason I have chosen to avoid augments, we should be able to get them changed by redoing it, or have them removed entirely if we want to rid ourselves of the item without having to throw it away.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Agreed! They don't have to allow for the augment to be removed, but they could easily do it so you can trade augmented items and it'll replace them.
    (3)

Character
    Duvemora
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 39
    With the introduction of the Iridal/Chatoyant Staves, FoV augments are wanted again. Now would be a very good time to update the system.

I wish more people cared about this. SE just gave us this FABULOUS new toy to play with, why not make it even better with an augment?

Though, with incidents like the guy who got -4 MAB on FFXIAH... yeah. We need to be able to redo the augments.
    (5)
    Last edited by Duvemora; 08-04-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Paula Deen riding a flying cat wearing sunglasses. What more do you need to know?

Hello!

We spoke with the dev. team about your requests for augments from Fields of Valor and while you brought up some very good ideas, there are some limitations under the current system. Due to these limitations, augmented items cannot be delivered to other characters on your account and signatures cannot be maintained after an item has been augmented.

On the bright side, the dev. team did say that they will look into reducing the wait time between augments in the future.

Lastly, if we were to allow re-augmenting of the same item, synthesis for the base item would no longer play as important of a role as they do currently, so they would like to keep this step as a requirement for the augmentation process.
    (5)

Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You should at least let us re-augmenting up to 3 times - after that it is finished.
    (10)

Character
    Duvemora
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 39
    I appreciate any change we can get. I'm disheartened by us not being able to re augment items, but I understand the point.
    (0)

Paula Deen riding a flying cat wearing sunglasses. What more do you need to know?

Character
    Themuffingirl
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Maybe only allow HQ crafted gear to be re-augmented or have augments removed since the supply is generally lower than the NQ gear? Then people can still burn through NQ items and NPC them until they get something they like and those who augment their HQs don't get screwed when they get a negative stat on a more expensive item and have to buy a new one. I don't think that's too much to ask, since it sounds like you're concerned that the need for crafters to make these items will disappear if we can keep re-augmenting the same piece. It would still require a supply of NQ gear for the people who don't want to spend too much money but would like to try to improve their gear for the few levels they'll be using it.

I'd love to spend tabs or gil to remove the ice resist from my Aristocrats Coat. I don't care how much it would cost to remove it, I just can't bring myself to NPC it after all these years. I don't use it anymore and the supply of <75 crafted gear on the AH is continuously declining. I'm sure some other people besides myself have held onto some of their old HQ gear they augmented years ago and would love to sell it to somebody who needs it if they could. There are still people who play and gear themselves as they level up rather than leeching to 99 and are having a hard time finding the lower level gear they want on the AH.
    (3)

Character
    Duvemora
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 39
    Not everyone wants to rocket to 99 and grind end game. I am one of those people. I guess because I have positive memories of doing non end game content with friends. I still appreciate my lowbie items, and have items that I love even if they are low leveled.

Themuffingirl has a good point I think.

I understand the concerns for crafting, but at this point, no one is using FoV augments. Why? Because the chance of getting a bad augment and seeing the item's potential go to waste. Rather disappointed, I have a pair of Mettle Leggings +1 that will last my lowbie for a while, but... I got +1 darkness resist on them.

I don't think the threat to crafting even exists at this point. It might later, but... I still don't see it as being a problem. The threat will not exist until people start actively using FoV augments. And that won't happen until we can reaugment items. Reducing the cooldown is a step in the right direction though.

My main argument is that most of us have more tabs that we know what to do with. Let us have something positive and fun to spend them on! Right now, FoV elite training is yet another thing we have in FFXI that is not being used by the general player base. At least the English speaking player base, I cannot speak for the other regions.

However, I respect the dev's decision, and I am thrilled that it was even considered. /bow
    (0)

At the very least, an option to *remove* the augment would be appreciated. Make it keep the augmented tag and make it so that item cannot be re-augmented thereby requiring either re-crafting or re-purchasing the item to try again. The "importance of synthesis" is thus upheld while still encouraging the use of this system.

This has been a problem since the FoV augments were introduced; a lot of people are not willing to risk their items on the lottery, and, frankly, a lot of the augments are highly suspect.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast