Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Whenever we plan out which gathering-type items should/should not be stackable we always need to consider how many items that a player could bring back home after one session. For example, if we changed logs or ores the number they could take home would increase ten-fold. Therefore we need to consider all the effects this could have on the economy and be careful when considering such adjustments. With that in mind, we do not have plans to make these items stackable at this time.
    This response ignores a relatively new source for logs and ore. Voidwatch and events with a similar reward system to Voidwatch, a system which rewards players with innumerable logs and ore per every desired drop, are probably the main source of these materials now. Personally, I have gone from never selling a log to an NPC to selling almost a dozen of them every time I Watch a Void.

Unlike harvesting, it is generally not possible to participate in these activities while naked and be met with success. Many pick-up groups have tried this approach and failed, I'm sure.

This means inventory space is very limited, to perhaps ten spots at the most, and items such as logs and ore which do not stack are either sold to an NPC merchant or thrown away on the spot. These items never enter the player economy at all.

I can not speak for everyone, but if I could stack logs and ore, I would be much more likely to sell them to other players after collecting 12 rather than selling however many I did not throw away to Ghebi Damomohe just to clear my inventory.
    (4)

Character
    Deathbeckons
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    so if im understanding this right basically you wanted to inundate us with logs and ores and misc unstackable crap... but you dont want us to take it home and sell it? what am i missing here?
    (3)
    Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbeckons View Post
    what am i missing here?
    Crystals and crafting skill, I reckon.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Deathbeckons
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    just the crystals, apparently.
    also i totally get x4 of a single type of ore on every single run and not 1-3 random ores. and its a good thing i can have all of my crafts high enough to craft every single drop! shit, my sarcasm-o-meter just exploded...

same argument could be made for HELM, though. i know that back when i used to do mining in oldton, i always had a ton of fire/lightning crystals on hand to synth what i could. does that mean it was unreasonable for me to be able to make more money instead of more trips to town?
    (1)
    Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    just the crystals, apparently.
    also i totally get x4 of a single type of ore on every single run and not 1-3 random ores. and its a good thing i can have all of my crafts high enough to craft every single drop! shit, my sarcasm-o-meter just exploded...

same argument could be made for HELM, though. i know that back when i used to do mining in oldton, i always had a ton of fire/lightning crystals on hand to synth what i could. does that mean it was unreasonable for me to be able to make more money instead of more trips to town?
    Woodworkers have it easier, just the one log. Although for ores you could always ask people to give you theirs if they are tossing them anyway.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    what am i missing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Crystals and crafting skill, I reckon.
    <<casting spell>> <<burn>>
    (1)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

Whenever we plan out which gathering-type items should/should not be stackable we always need to consider how many items that a player could bring back home after one session. For example, if we changed logs or ores the number they could take home would increase ten-fold. Therefore we need to consider all the effects this could have on the economy and be careful when considering such adjustments. With that in mind, we do not have plans to make these items stackable at this time.
    Who the hell this a thumbs up?
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As usual, rather tepid response from SE... making those logs and ores stack to 12 would be a great boon for players and crafters everywhere. Little things that matter. And mostly the ability to learn to listen to what the players want. Still cannot figure out why after a good couple of years of great relations they turned into their old selves again and pretty much ignoring our inputs and feedback.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6