Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    That, or that a 0 Enhancing Magic Haste is the same as a 500 Enhancing Magic Haste. Either way I think most/all spells should scale.
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    IF enfeebling and enhancing magic made sense, this would make sense.

BUT SE's stance on enhancing and enfeebling as never made sense.

I'm more willing to wait to see if they will actually do what they said they are going to do, which is increase the amount of spells and job abilities. I see this as the more complete fix because it will allow them to make future judgments independent of unattractive limitations.

Afterwards, they can either continue to pretend RDM is fine or they could actually give us some new toys.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    That, or that a 0 Enhancing Magic Haste is the same as a 500 Enhancing Magic Haste. Either way I think most/all spells should scale.
    Haste already does scale, though, but like that. +15% haste on a lv99 player is a bigger increase in damage output than +15% haste on a level 50 player. Having the potency increase as well would mean the spell double-scales . As in, it wouldn't be a linear increase in power, but an exponential increase in power as you leveled up.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if more spells scaled with magic skills. Typically, I guess spells that currently have multiple tiers where each tier grants an absolute stat increase could be reworked to be a single spell with varying potency. However, spells that grant buffs as percentages of the target's stats do not require this, and could just be left as they are.

However, that also means protect and shell would be treated differently, as they function in entirely different ways. While protect is a static boost to your defence value, shell functions as a -MDT% value. Shell 1 on a level 99 fighting lv99 stuff makes an extremely bigger difference than Protect 1 on a lv99 fighting lv99 stuff. While shell 1 would still shave off ~9.4% of incoming magic damage, protect 1 would probably not even be noticable even with a parser.

I think perhaps the best solution is to keep both those spells tiered like they are now, and instead spend resources on figuring out a way to increase the maximum number of spells in the game by 50-100%.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-05-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Barspell and ga-barspell is NOT the same!

-single target Barspells will always overwrite AoE version regardless of potency-

I hate it when i have cast a 165 barelement spell on me or others with /whm and then come a whm or smn/brd /whm and cast the same spell with maybe 50-90.....
    or when i want ice for para and the whm cast thunder.....

I dont think others want a rdm only for ga version, thats more for whm.

Thank you SE for rdm barelement spells
    (1)

Player
    Honestly they should make a trait for RDM that does not allow other player's spells to overwrite our own. Its annoying to melee as a RDM who is doing good numbers, then you have someone else cast Haste on you, so your 12 minute Haste is replaced with a small 3 minute Haste.
    (2)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Man I hope they don't take the time to implement that. There is like 100 other things more relevant to RDM or this game.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Depends, I really only suggest it as a solution to the problem of the spell list. Remove our single targets while giving us that, and we have more room for spells while no one can complain about losing their Bar/Gain thanks to some WHM.
    (1)

Player
    I can not believe some people actively want worse spells not to be replaced by better ones.

White Mage's role wouldn't even be diminished by the addition. White Mage has insanely powerful bar-element spells thanks to merits and job-specific equipment that provide bonuses unmatched by the benefits of any amount of Enhancing Magic skill, and Boost-Stuff spells are generally a tertiary function.
    (5)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Honestly I think SE should give RDM a list of their own unique spells that are unusable by RDM sub or any other jobs, other jobs get a lot of useful unique spells not useable by others that make them important role why not RDM, we can even go as far as to call this red magic. Base it's power or accuracy on particular other skills. Such as offensive red magic being based on elemental skill, support style red magic based on enhancing and healing magic and so forth. To me RDM focus should be on unique party buffs that are usable, maybe allowing some to be used as aoe with accession or some other ja. Perhaps some unique nukes that apply status down style effects and dots, they don't have to hit retarded hard like Blm but they should be decent and have worthwhile effects. As for the spell list, well that's something they should prioritize fixing and asap. That's just an idea I had on my mind, making RDM usable and unique among other jobs is something I think needs to happen.
    (1)

Character
    Rieul
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The main problem I see is: Who's gonna give me a refund on all the time and gil invested completing my spell list for RDM?
    Unless you can get over that, don't you dare take anything away.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast