Older towns need some support for new, useful content

Anyone notice how no one seems to care about Aht Urhgan Whitegate anymore? Al Zahbi, at least on my server, hasn't had a Besieged in a long time.

Other towns seems to be ghost towns in general, not because of people moving on, but because they lack anything other than a Nomad moogle to help you change your job. Such places like Rabao or Norg need some big event that can only be accessed from that town only that isn't just a quest to get X amount of items for gil or a piece of equipment. I mean something much bigger.
    (0)

Character
    Kilue
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Of course Aht Uhrgan has a purpose. A lot of the jp players (at least on our server) shout there instead of LJ basically to avoid the spam. Apparently in the future there'll be access to abyssea outside of LJ from said towns, however that begs the question of how long til auction houses are tied to Jeuno to even open up some kind of usefulness to them. Other than that, I don't see much of a necessity for new content in home nations/ToAU towns. Would be a lot of fluff imo.
    (0)

Player
    i can agree a bit at least. fight for rum in norg. yarrrrrrg.

as long as SE does not open the airship route from norg to another area (i assume it's the mithra land??) it's not worth thinking about that.
    (0)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Yeah, Kazham, Norg, Rabao, Selbina, Mhaura, Tavnazia, and Nashmau are all in pretty sad shape.
    (0)

Abyssea mobs break through the barrier at 01 and have passed through the Maw... Windy is under attack! Defend her Garrison style! Let it give Bastion style xp per kill and apply the campaign alliance mechanic for chest rewards at end and it can drop the choice abbysea items like +1/+2 updgrade materiels or JSE accessories for people to lot on.

Ok.. maybe that's too much to ask for the item rewards... but the assualt events and the hightened xp could be fun.

Rasit
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Anyone notice how no one seems to care about Aht Urhgan Whitegate anymore? Al Zahbi, at least on my server, hasn't had a Besieged in a long time.
    And yes Siren's still never lost. lol
    (0)

I actually like using my starter town, but it might be because I stay there for easy access to the crafting guilds, I like having access to my storage and a spiffy moghouse, and being a blackmage makes it really easy to access the past and warp where I need to from there. Doesn't help that I like to ride the airship while planning what I'm doing as well.
    (0)

lol... I call it an airsh!t ride because that's when I.... well, you get the idea....

Raist
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.