Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Automaton Skilling up is about as mind numbing as Summoning Magic, However it was made a little easier with the fix to Spell casting an AI for automatons... RNG is still a little bit of a pain though.

However, we do have a skill up attachment.
    (0)

I dunno. I found ranger to be relatively all right. It was slower than any melee weapon, naturally, and because I am a goodie-two-shoes I didn't use those naughty third party infinite macros to afk-skill it. Double shot does a lot for skillup rate, and there are cheap arrows and low delay bows to help out too. I was getting 0.3-0.5s on something like every 3rd shot from 200 and up, doing birds in abyssea latheine. Also, few things feel better than getting skillups on every arrow in an 8-hit barrage.
    (0)

Ranger Frame*
    (0)

Oh. Yeah, see, that's how much I know about pup .
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    To everyone who thinks they wanna throw in their two cents, please read this:
    "It worked fine for me!" is not an argument. I know several people whom it worked fine for, and that's only because their definition of fine was it taking days and weeks of casual EXPing. That is not an acceptable solution, period. If that's all you have to say, save yourselves the trouble and stay away.

The simple fact is skilling Summoning Magic is terribad compared to all other skills (I also had no idea about PUP, but as long as they're not limited by a 45 second timer, it's not as bad), that alone is reason enough to adjust it, and there's no arguments against that. It will not stop you from playing as slowly as you want, but it will give the people who don't wanna waste their time like that another option.
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Now you are trying to shift the focus away from the topic,
    may i ask how, you seem to be running from the fact that others offer help and you complain in response. As Annalise said she had no problem getting her skills up there and after many people use a lot of the help offered by others on this board on my server they get their skills rolling.

And like i said before there are many things I'd rather them fix then this, its nothing compared to the real problems with summoner. We already lost cait sith until further notice and with the promise to reevaluate our current wards this problem isn't high priority in the case of most summoners i know on my server. (also they have their skills capped or close to)

Just take peoples advice, spend time with your avatars and have fun getting skill ups, if your not getting any try to find some around the lvl of your skills, you said your skill is the 140'ish mark so that puts your skill of a lvl 39-41 summoner so fight mobs lvl 45-47 to get your skill ups.
    (1)

It's 169 without gear, actually. Don't worry. I am well aware of skill ratings for various levels, and about targeting enemies suitable for my levels. Finding out what to skill up on was never the problem. Only having two skillup chances every 45 seconds is. I'm sorry that I don't feel like I'm having fun when I'm sending my avatar to fight things that are 40 levels below me for hours upon hours instead of doing actually challenging content.

A change to summoning magic is not some gigantic undertaking for the developers. Increasing it will not affect balance in the endgame, except that those who want to be a summoner in endgame doesn't have to stop being a summoner in endgame for a few weeks for instead to be a summoner in kuftal/gustav/whereeversuitstheirskill. Changing this is not something that would suck the dev team dry of resources, delaying other content for several weeks. It would probably take the dude who knows how to change it something like half an hour to change it, then players could test it for bugs on the test server.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-01-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Just realised as I try to set a base for skillups/time, that whereas my enhancing skillup macro was 1 spell per 4 seconds, SMN is 1 spell per 10 seconds due to waiting for release timer.

I propose release and assault to give skillups.
    (2)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    increasing the rate SMN can use BPs would greatly increase the rate of skill ups. Of course that's a pipe dream, especially with the new "2hr" or w/e they will be called by the time it's released.

For anyone struggling with skill ups, I recommend using Skill up food For the appropriate level range. It helps a ton. Also, try to skill up when there is martial master kupower on your server and be sure to have signet active. Spamming easy GoV pages in say Gustav tunnel for skill up prowess and then fighting worms also helps a lot. BPs skill up far faster than spamming summon/release even at 45s apart.

These are the things I did to cap my skill. I agree it's a pain in the butt and should be changed (along with my bane, enhancing magic...) But unfortunately you'll probably cap long before SE does anything about it, or says they won't do anything about, unless you don't try at all. Please note I'm not accusing anyone of not trying.
    (3)

I'm not sure martial master actually works for magic at all. However, prowess do, and that is a good idea.
    (0)

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast