Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    They didn't set the cap at 600, They just used it as an Example.

(The JP Side had a follow up, We'll see it soon).
    (0)

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post

Well that's at least SOMETHING, though they should consider their wording better, before posting something like this then.

I can't read Japanese and the english wording doesn't sound like this was an example.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    First, there is a question about the cap on summoning skill being 600 being a mistake; however, this is the correct number. While it might not be currently possible to reach this number, the development team set the cap to 600, so consider that there may be room to increase this in the future.
    IDK, I think this follow-up is pretty clear.
    (0)

Except that Follow up was mentioned after My post by some significant margin, and was not worded as such in the JP post...

Regardless, Its still rather troubling, Even at pure best, Its a 30 Second less duration than Pre Nerf. Though, I expected something like this. I'd say I was happy they didn't touch the potency, But with the Decay set as is, the Potency is technically nerfed too.

It'll still be a vastly useful ability, Will just need to be more properly utilized and require capped or near such summoning Magic.
    (0)

So, how many are going to cap azure, pearl, then rely on spamming the new Special for skillups?
    (0)

Random Question. May not even be the right place for it. But noticed talk about smn skill now effecting the duration of PD.

Personally i'm sitting at 528 Skill. So should put me at almost 56 Second Duration.

Here's my Question. The Relic AF Horn that's fully augmented gives additional bonus time to Astral Flow. With the idea of allowing for another Special BP during it's Duration.

So, will it affect PD's timer in any way if it's equiped when summoning Alex?

May lose some skill in your goal for max potency, but extending the "Special BP/Allowing Additional Benefits" of Astral Flow seems fair to me.

If not affecting PD, will the Relic Horn effect the new "2 Hour Ability" Since originally they were going to be an either or I'm assuming that the bonus on the horn would eventually affect either choice.

Guess that brings up an interesteing question for alot of the jobs and special Relic Augmented +2s.
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Naw, I highly doubt it will effect PD. It's to make the 2hr last longer so doubt it's gonna extend duration of PD.Once you use Alex it removes your 2hr effect.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Personally i'm sitting at 528 Skill. So should put me at almost 56 Second Duration.
    From my understanding on the test server it's much worse then that. It's 30s of invulnerability that then wears off for the rest of the duration (24s in your case). This means that even with some as-of-yet-reachable 600 skill, your still only at 30s of immunity to the NM annihilation moves. After that you reach an ever increasing chance of dieing en-mass. Makes ADL a 50% win rate due to it wearing once you kill the first clone, and makes other events VERY sketchy at best. We're back to stun locking things and hoping that SE doesn't re-introduce stun resistance rapidly building mobs.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Pimptarutaru
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    without gear/merits im @ 335 skill with gear/merits im at 424 Takes forever to freakin lv this damn skill up! been playing smn for a long time now lol. They really need to change the rate on skill ups for smn magic
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I havent actually used my summoner in a while but i appear to be 34 skill levels behind. i have 399 naked with full merits. I am pretty sure i was capped at 95, and most of that was just from me soloing Iron Giants in abyssea via summoning but more often pacts.

Someone near the beginning of this thread said it was difficult as enhancign magic skillups and one good place was in gustav vs turtles and worms. in which someone said it wasnt working for them. What im curious about is... I was attempting to level my pld (with my whm mule) in gustav and try for the skillup earring from the caskets there. i was doind a crab goblin and skeleton page and i got several levels of skillup prowess. So since i had the skillup prowess i decided to try and see if i could cap enhancing while i was there on my whm who had pretty low skills. i ended up cappin pretty fast. Then i moved on to healing jsut curing myself over and over and it also capped fast. So did the person who tried cappin summonin magic there also get the prowess for skillups?
    (0)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16