Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    that is your view on me because you do not like me calling you a lier. always funny seeing 'elite' people lie vs real experience.
    So my experience wasn't real? I imagined capping BRD skills on two characters and Enhancing Magic on three? And what makes you think I'm elite. I'm not the one who bragged how proud I am of my Maat's Cap and that EXP these days is worthless. That is elitist talk right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    just because in your little world playing for 72 hours straight to skill up something to cap is reasonable does not mean it is reasonable for others.
    It's not, which is why I'm posting in this thread in the first place. Because if I was alright with it, I wouldn't be complaining about Summoning Magic taking that long. I'm posting because I noticed Summoning Magic takes a lot longer than most other skills, and that seemed unreasonable to me. I don't think we're on a different page about this, the only difference is that my experience about BRD songs contradicts yours. And I dare to say that my experience is not a lucky streak, because I have a solid theory for it (which is widely accepted, even within this thread) as well as extensive evidence supporting it.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    So my experience wasn't real? I imagined capping BRD skills on two characters and Enhancing Magic on three? And what makes you think I'm elite. I'm not the one who bragged how proud I am of my Maat's Cap and that EXP these days is worthless. That is elitist talk right there.
    The bold, what? I hate your type that tries to show off by twisting other words around and troll people, same with your lieing experience. "Oh skill gains are fine because I play 72 hours straight doing it" "I am better then you cuz i did something that takes you weeks to do" < that is what you did and it is elitist.

where is the video you said you would show?
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 10-04-2012 at 06:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Both agree skillups are too slow, arcon's experience is that brd is much faster than summoning, and can be capped more easily because you can spam songs much faster and on targets that will not fight back, while summoner cannot do this nearly as fast. I find this likely to be true, so can't be just leave this argument alone now?

And the pissing in cheerios comment wasn't even directed at you, Rambus. Calm down.

Anyway, please keep the thread as clean as possible, wouldn't want it closed because it turned into a huge fight about which skill levels how fast.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I did say it was faster then smn skill long ago but I also said it was still slower then reasonable (past 280).

then he started arguing with me like it was ok because he can do it in 3 days by playing 72 hours stright and claim he has a video, then he said i was showing off just because I sad 'maats cap'

If he did not start with me none of this would been an issue
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 10-04-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Greetings,

We understand that a some of the posters feel that raising your summoning skill feels slow while others feel that the rate is not too bad. We brought your feedback to the Development Team to receive some insight as to how they feel about this system's current state. The team informed us that the rate at which skills increase when using offensive blood pacts against enemies was set high to compensate for how often they can be used. Due to this, they aren't currently planning to make any changes to the rate of skill ups.
    (6)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think you are misunderstanding, we where talking about other magic skills and how they compare to Summoning skill.

Thanks for the comment but the skill up rate is too slow. For level 75 back in 2007 it fits, now with how the game is the slow skill up gain makes no sense.

If you are going to keep the skill up gain as it was at 75 can we have the 10k exp per hour back? Along with 2 hours to kill any high end NM?
    (2)
    Last edited by Rambus; 10-04-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I can cap any weapon skill in an hour using Counterstance, Retaliation, and Mandies. I can cap any Defensive Skill in about ~2 hours now thanks to the Guard/Parrying update.

Magic Skills in general have lagged behind, but Summoner is particularly bad. I got 1~2 skill levels every 6 VWNMs BPing at max speed and using Ramuh so both of my BPs could target the monster. At this rate (assuming 1.5 skill levels per 6 VWNMs average), it would take 600 VWNMs to go from the 75 to 99 cap. Assuming 30 minutes per set of 6 VWNMs, it would take 50 hours to do that.

600 Voidstones and 50 RL hours to cap a skill vs. 1~2 hours for melee skills is a little bit of a huge difference, especially considering what a minor benefit having capped Summoning Magic Skill gives in the first place. Could you guys please reconsider?
    (16)

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You're skilling up fighting NMs >.>

I easily capped my SMN skill in Abyssea parties going from 75 to 99.
    (2)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

We understand that a some of the posters feel that raising your summoning skill feels slow while others feel that the rate is not too bad. We brought your feedback to the Development Team to receive some insight as to how they feel about this system's current state. The team informed us that the rate at which skills increase when using offensive blood pacts against enemies was set high to compensate for how often they can be used. Due to this, they aren't currently planning to make any changes to the rate of skill ups.
    SE: We don't care enough.
    (2)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    You're skilling up fighting NMs >.>

I easily capped my SMN skill in Abyssea parties going from 75 to 99.
    this is why i brought up brd. how is this possible when .x point is after like 8-16 Threnodies? It feels like they are not high enough level because 1-280 i was getting something every 1-3 songs, after 280 that concept died turning a .x after 8-16 songs on NMs, abyssea is nearly non-existent.
    (0)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast