Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

VW Drop rates...

Well, now that VW has basically been crushed by the change to cruor, and has been seeing a decline in even the most popular of VWNMs, can we finally see a drop rate increase? NMs which do not drop plates have been sketchy for some but now they are nearly non-existent, and even some of the popular ones like Qilin have been slowing down so much so that I have only seen 1 shout for it in the last 2 days. I think its safe to say that the drop rates on some items are flat out outrageous, I mean look at the weapons. The drop rate on weapons are so low that your player base created a whole new class of rare drops just for those alone.

Now that VW has been beaten down the way it has, most players have gotten their gear or given up on it, its time to change this. This gear is slipping into the realm of unobtainable, and its going to stay that way unless VW somehow becomes more worthwhile for people or the drop rates are increased so that people can actually get the gear in a decent amount of time. No one is willing to low-man Gaunab with 2 clusters a pop for a 5% drop rate on a pair of legs. It would be millions of gil on the clusters alone, not to mention dust, cells, and the fights themselves.
    (19)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Totally agree. I want to hone in on the fact that the weakening items were a fantastic idea. I wish more events and battles had, what is essentially, a difficulty setting. The trouble is that the clusters cost far too much. If the cost was lowered significantly, I think more people would be inclined to do it, even IF the drop rate wasn't increased . After all, the people who need these clusters are low man groups. And low man groups don't have millions of gil to spend. Usually.
    (3)

Player
    Yeah, they were a good idea for helping low-man groups but it just doesn't work out the way they wanted. Take for example if you have a hard NM, say Bismarck, and want to use 1 or 2 clusters a pop. Now, you have 18 people, divide the cost of clusters between these 18 people & you get 1.2Mil/18=66.6k so everyone pays roughly 70k in the Alliance & you could easily afford 2 clusters per fight. If you do the same thing but with only 1 cluster a fight its 33k each. But low-manning with say, 10 people, you would need more clusters with less people, so for instance you use 3 clusters because its only 10 people on Bismarck. Thats 30k per kill, per person, each person would have paid 180k each for 6 kills. This makes it harder for people to actually low-man it, and instead actually encourages people to have large groups & to have everyone pitch in for an easy time, while smaller groups have everyone paying alot more, for more clusters, making it harder for them. The way it should have been done is when popping, a NM's power could scale a bit depending on the number of people, more people you have the harder it is, less people you have the weaker it is, and with that it could make it more reasonable for low-man groups to actually fight effectively. Paying money was more of a blocker for low-man groups that didn't really effect Alliance groups, which it was meant to prevent to my knowledge.
    (2)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    VW drop rates are terrible, I dont even want to want to recall how much i've spent on trying to get a Coruscanti and Ganesha mala. I've had some luck with rares on some NMs but others its like the drop doesnt exist.

Its gotten to the point I just go when my voidstone stock builds up from the passage of RL time about every week.
    Even with alignment at 550% and using 3 rubi cells all the time I refer to the Pyxis as the 'Disappointment Box'.

Voidwatch attendance is getting worse and if you want something from a lower tier? Good luck cause everyone only does Qilin/Kaggen/Pil if someone manages to scrape together 18 people.
    (4)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Well, now that VW has basically been crushed by the change to cruor, and has been seeing a decline in even the most popular of VWNMs, can we finally see a drop rate increase? NMs which do not drop plates have been sketchy for some but now they are nearly non-existent, and even some of the popular ones like Qilin have been slowing down so much so that I have only seen 1 shout for it in the last 2 days. I think its safe to say that the drop rates on some items are flat out outrageous, I mean look at the weapons. The drop rate on weapons are so low that your player base created a whole new class of rare drops just for those alone.

Now that VW has been beaten down the way it has, most players have gotten their gear or given up on it, its time to change this. This gear is slipping into the realm of unobtainable, and its going to stay that way unless VW somehow becomes more worthwhile for people or the drop rates are increased so that people can actually get the gear in a decent amount of time. No one is willing to low-man Gaunab with 2 clusters a pop for a 5% drop rate on a pair of legs. It would be millions of gil on the clusters alone, not to mention dust, cells, and the fights themselves.
    I also think prov drop needs adjustment. SE said the drop rate is the same as other VW, but in fact only crap item drops, body piece chance is as low as T3 shiny body.

On top of every prov run you don't even get cruor.
    (1)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    since the nerf i rarely see any VW shouts. And if I do, its for the same 1 or 2 nms over and over usually. Havnt even seen a single akvan shout since nerf
    (0)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SE loves killing it's own game and paychecks.
    (2)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i think SE should change the system to if you fight the mob and the the LQ of an item you can relinquish it and get a point and once you get 5 points you get a cell. Even if they make it any equipment passed on turns into a coin/stone something like that and each depending on rarity gives a different amount of coins/stones and with X amount you get a cell.

Would somewhat revive VW and allow players to get gear without worry about getting just logs and passing rare\ex items they already got.
    (1)

Player
    replace the useless drop that almost EVERYONE sell to npc, drop, or don't even bother taking from the box with weapon trial items.

been said for years that theses drops are useless, nothing was ever done. even the "crystal petrifacts" are almost useless(and we'll be able to exchange them for 100 cruors ? that's a joke, really).
    (0)

Add me to the list of people who have given up on VW due to never seeing a reward for the time/effort. I would love to pursue some of the gear, but I'm not really into consciously going headlong into the land of strife and frustration in a video game. Does SE know what the word "fun" means? Because VW is the polar opposite of that.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast