Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Wanna hear something odd? It might be just for people who didn't trade the grimoire for the first time yet, but my buddy had 5 stored on the NPC. Might be just a first time thing so someone doesn't lose out on a sack. Maybe a fluke. I dunno. :P
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I've been enjoying it. I don't feel the need to be done already. I'll get there when I get there. Between this and the potential of neo salvage sometime in the next couple of months, I'll have a couple more things to do every week.

At least it doesn't require a full alliance. Kinda sick of that already.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    I enjoy Meeble Burrows, I just wish I could enjoy it more than only 15 minutes a day.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The way I understand it is that you can do runs as long as you have "tags". So make a static that meets once per week, like the old school assault / nyzule isle groups. If all of you have five tags then you can conceivably farm one NM and build you your access. In this way I see it as once-per-week dungeon that is broken into five 15m segments with each segment representing a potential resting / reset point.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    I think the plan is to not have everyone finish the whole thing in a matter of days; some times "artificial barriers" of tags and odd-hour recharges are meant to slow down progress. What's the point of adding new content if it'll be finished within 7 days?
    possible option to increase event lifetime
    - very high point items.
    - harder boss so you need to farm extra buffs
    - longer path

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    The way I understand it is that you can do runs as long as you have "tags". So make a static that meets once per week, like the old school assault / nyzule isle groups. If all of you have five tags then you can conceivably farm one NM and build you your access. In this way I see it as once-per-week dungeon that is broken into five 15m segments with each segment representing a potential resting / reset point.
    5(+1 if trade book mid week) pheromone a week.
    7 days a week=>168h
    1sac every 20= 8(.4) sack a week
    => you loose 2sack a week.

solution: raise max storable sac to 8

or static twice a week, but it still make a short event (<1h)
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    possible option to increase event lifetime
    - very high point items.
    - harder boss so you need to farm extra buffs
    - longer path

5(+1 if trade book mid week) pheromone a week.
    7 days a week=>168h
    1sac every 20= 8(.4) sack a week
    => you loose 2sack a week.

solution: raise max storable sac to 8

or static twice a week, but it still make a short event (<1h)
    Saevel wasn't talking about once-a-week being mathematically perfect; rather, that these events are meant to be enjoyed (even by casual players) that encourage somewhat-routine gameplay. Also, this keeps casual and hardxcore players somewhat "on the level" with regards to completion; thus, keeping gameplay up for both player groups.

Also; harder bosses = Embrava/PD-or-bust; I'd like to keep things away from this wall
    higher points = meh; could be done but then you have a new "artificial barrier" which is arbitrary requirements
    longer path = give it time, and give Aldouin time, pretty sure we'll see a better dungeon crawl system in the works
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    But but but

He WANTS IT NOOOOOOOOWWWW

Can't wait, MUST DO IT BEFORE CASUAL PLAYERS DO IT!!!

Somewhere along those lines of thinking I believe.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    For the record, you can't store an extra sack if you trade to the NPC early, so the patch notes were inaccurate. Thanks, SE, I loved figuring that out on my own. I know people often joke they don't know how their own game works, but this time they became active in it by actually telling us something that's obviously false. >_>

BTW, the two-books system is such a clusterfuck of bad design I have a hard time understanding how it ever made it past the planning stages. Basically the idea is that you want to get a book up to level 4 so you can have someone get the "increased spoils" buff for the final boss without needing to re-do level 1-3 once you get all 5 Boss KIs. You should've just let all the missions be available from the get-go (You need to clear the first 4 missions to open the boss anyway, so what difference does it make) and not have a single part of it involve an actual item that takes up inventory space. The actual missions are alright but I'm getting a headache trying to figure out the logic behind a bunch of the design choices in the lobby system. It exists solely to irritate players and make them need to shuffle between two items and waste their inventory space.
    (3)

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback regarding Meeble Burrow entry restrictions. We have some new details about adjustments planned for the future of this content.
    First off, our highest priority at the moment is to eliminate the bugs that have been occurring in Meeble Burrows. After, we will be focusing on the following:
    • Moblin pheromone sack stock when starting out
      We would like to make changes so that when beginning Meeble Burrows, you receive 5 Moblin pheromone sacks.
      This is not only for players who will begin Meeble Burrows down the line, we are looking into methods for addressing players who are already doing this content as well.
    • Increase to the maximum stock of Moblin pheromone sacks
      While we are not planning to remove the cap completely, when new expeditions and areas are added we are planning to increase the cap on Moblin pheromone sacks.
    • Shortening of re-issuance time
      In the future we are planning to make it so the time when Moblin pheromone sacks are issued can be shortened by certain requirements, such as consuming points or other means.
    Also, since the concept of Meeble Burrows was to create content that could be enjoyed and progression can take place in short spurts of time, our focus is not on making adjustments so that clearing the content can be rushed, instead we will be focused on overall improvements so that even those that have not completed this content can benefit.

Not too much time has passed since this content was implemented, but we are closely monitoring the play trends for all players and plan on making adjustments moving forward so that this content is fun and easy to play. If you have any other feedback, we would be happy to hear it!
    (10)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    I would like the progress in each path to not be erased with every completion of it. The fact of having to do 5 runs for 1 boss every 5 days with what I assume are not great drop rates, is very displeasing, and even worse is to think of the rewards from the final boss of the event in which players have to do 25 runs to attempt once, win or lose. I believe changes like this should be seen around all content with low drop rates, including things such as Legion & Prov, because it becomes highly annoying to players to have to redo already completed content just for the sake of doing 1 mission which is your real goal. Especially when that goal, is a fight which can easily be lost, and even if won, provides a small chance at reward.
    (7)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast