Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Staren
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

In regards to the lack of communication on the NA side over the update issues

The latest JP Update from the Dev Team appears to say they have no clue what is causing these crashes that still persist. Linkshell events are having to be cancelled due to an inability to trust that their members wont magically vanish in the middle of the fight either causing a loss for the group or their member to miss out on spoils. NNI is risky to attempt as the time sensitivity of the run cannot afford for a DD to DC in the middle of the run especially since some of your lamp floors require they be in attendance.

If you dont know what the issue is you have one of two options. You roll back the entire update because something you did blew everything up. Option two you refund our subscription fees for the time the game is unreliable/unplayable. I have experience in the software field and this is not acceptable behavior for any company. I dont mean to be rude moreso I am intent on being blunt. My life in game was a million times better before this update and what you instituted I didnt want/need and can live without for the duration of my remaining time in the game. It would be nice to be able to play the game again.
    (28)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Oh one of these posts again.

If you had experience in the software field (other than installing MS Office on your Neighbours PC and her giving you $10 for your trouble), you'd know that live updates get pushed out - bugs occur, and people aren't refunded subscription fees for shit that's covered in the end user agreement that you agree to each time you login. Not to mention this problem is menial at best, and will probably be resolved shortly.
    (6)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 09-27-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Character
    Staren
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    One of these responses again. I will put my money where my mouth is. Here is my LinkedIn profile.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/russell-...iii/1a/ba1/a66

I am a Configuration Manager. I have been developing releases and managing and testing releases for companies that make profits in the hundreds of millions. I have a background in auditing and SOX Compliance as well as ISO, ITIL, CMMI. Every company I worked for was a client driven release process. We had to have backups and rollbacks for every release we did. Especially being in the medical field at Alere you cannot have software giving people health results and advice with bugs in the code. So please tell me again what experience I lack.
    (24)
    Last edited by Staren; 09-27-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Shit just got real.
    (10)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Staren View Post
    One of these responses again. I will put my money where my mouth is. Here is my LinkedIn profile.

I am a Configuration Manager. I have been developing releases and managing and testing releases for companies that make profits in the hundreds of millions. I have a background in auditing and SOX Compliance as well as ISO, ITIL, CMMI. Every company I worked for was a client driven release process. We had to have backups and rollbacks for every release we did. Especially being in the medical field at Alere you cannot have software giving people health results and advice with bugs in the code. So please tell me again what experience I lack.
    Can you turn my toaster into a time machine?
    (3)

Character
    Staren
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    (3)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I wonder if I duct- taped the duck the opposite way it would make a clean, renewable energy source... Provide unlimited clean energy for all human kind or sign my name on the deceleration of independence.... Decisions, decisions...
    (1)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Apparently you lack the experience to understand why rollbacks would be important in the medical field but menial performance hiccups in a game wouldn't merit the same treatment.
    (7)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    We had to have backups and rollbacks for every release we did. Especially being in the medical field at Alere you cannot have software giving people health results and advice with bugs in the code. So please tell me again what experience I lack.
    The experience to make a qualified comment, as the field you have experience in is completely and entirely unrelated. There are simply different needs and requirements for medical applications that need to function correctly and games that focus on incremental progress and upgrades, where temporary bugs are tolerated.

You've shown your opinion to be unqualified with this comment:
    I have experience in the software field and this is not acceptable behavior for any company.
    You don't get to decide what's acceptable and what not (even if you actually did have applicable experience, which isn't the case). This particular choice of words makes it obvious that you just feel unreasonably entitled and the fact that you're hurt got to you and you want them to re-roll something that affected you personally negatively at the cost of affecting everyone else negatively by denying them new content (and very likely the progress/achievements they've made since then, as a rollback of game information would most likely be connected to a rollback of character information as well).
    (7)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Staren
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    These standards. ISO, SOX, CMMI are not medical field only standards. SE is an international company so they are not required by any means to fulfill them. Don't mistake best practices with the fact that one of the companies I worked at as being medical. These practices are followed at the State Dept of Education which is a non profit organization. Why? Because they are best practices. You're right I dont decide them just the entire software development standards used by most every North American company. So try to act high and mighty but SE does not measure up to some of the smallest standards American companies hold themselves to. You can white knight all you want but trying to pull arguments about computing basics methodologies and policies you have no experience with and have probably never read or tried to implement yourselves is just armchair quarterbacking and white knighting SE. The fact that you don't know what Change Management is or does, which is obvious by the fact that you don't realize that my experience is relevant, shows you probably have a minute understanding of an SDLC or a proper release cycle at an actual professional company and you are probably someone who works out of your basement writing code with your friends. That or you work at a company so small they don't even register well enough to be traded publicly.

Secondly, the "new content" provided in this update was kupowers and meeble burrows. Neither of which were game changers and none of you will see the rewards for at least a month if the place they suggest the good drops comes from is the final boss. Its been three days you havent honestly made enough "progress" for it to be countable. Not everyone cares about this stuff as much as you official forums casual players do and most of us would prefer being able to continue content that truly matters like NNI, Legion and Prov that you probably aren't good enough to get into or complete anyways. Also had they listened to the outcry from their fanbase and rolled back immediately this issue wouldnt still be around and no progress would be lost. Really the biggest issue is how did this release get past their QA team and the test servers without any of this being noticed. The latter is more believable with <100 people actually active on there regularly.

Show me some IT credentials at a real company and maybe I will take you seriously because you are obviously unfamiliar with the common standards being pushed on companies across the United States at a bare minimum and some of the standards such as ISO are international standards.
    (14)
    Last edited by Staren; 09-27-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast