Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    3 words: Reset price history! Ive done it many times and made 5m from 10k investment! Its not hard to do and would persuade people to get off their butts and craft!

And if you dont believe me, check fenrir's server under darksteel harness +1 and understand!

The only whiners are the ones that cant do it themselves!
    (0)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You're all making the assumption that there actually are new players, lol.
    (0)

Player
    There are, Ive met and apprenticed many of them already
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    You're all making the assumption that there actually are new players, lol.
    If you build it they will come...
    (1)

Character
    Derian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I've always thought it would be nice if crafted stuff could be sold to special NPCs that transfer the item to the AH (kind of like guild vendors).

They could make it so the price is generated by the sales history and put a cap on it so that the item only transfers to the AH if the quantity already on the AH is below the cap. They could even make it so that the vendor price is based on the sales history and perhaps have it so the vendor price is reduced if the AH is at or above the cap.
    (1)
    Last edited by DerianX; 11-08-2013 at 02:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DerianX View Post
    I've always thought it would be nice if crafted stuff could be sold to special NPCs that transfer the item to the AH (kind of like guild vendors).

They could make it so the price is generated by the sales history and put a cap on it so that the item only transfers to the AH if the quantity already on the AH is below the cap. They could even make it so that the vendor price is based on the sales history and perhaps have it so the vendor price is reduced if the AH is at or above the cap.
    That would be a really interesting system....
    But...
    D:
    Do you realize just the base coding to get that to just passably function crappily would take???
    D:
    It's scary complex!

So while your idea is really neat... I don't think there would ever be a way to implement it in the game's current coding...
    Then again I don't know the actual codes...
    So....
    It could be doable.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    There's a really easy answer for the auction house being empty thing, stop standing around hoping other people will make you stuff to buy or farm gear for you to buy, and do it yourself. Stop being so damn lazy and actually go out and earn your shit like everyone else use to do in the past. And if something isn't on the auction house, try yelling for it, usually someone will send you back a /t because they have it clogging their inventory space but didn't want to use their ah slots on it because it isn't worth much and they have much higher priced items already up
    (2)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    There's a really easy answer for the auction house being empty thing, stop standing around hoping other people will make you stuff to buy or farm gear for you to buy, and do it yourself. Stop being so damn lazy and actually go out and earn your shit like everyone else use to do in the past. And if something isn't on the auction house, try yelling for it, usually someone will send you back a /t because they have it clogging their inventory space but didn't want to use their ah slots on it because it isn't worth much and they have much higher priced items already up
    I actually could not have said this any better.

There's a new system where brown boxes have quite a bit of gear dropping now. People complaining about gear have no excuse anymore, as I've walked into Xarcabard and then walked out 1 hour later with 4 lvl 41 GS', a pair of claws, a gun, and a whole mess of Carapace armor, a Great Axe, and a knife. There is seriously no excuse save for the levels that are not covered, but that is because you'll be wearing your af (You should be if you're a new player, instead of skipping your way to 70 and fighting Maat)

Personally though, I've been thinking of moving all of this stuff onto my mules and suddenly flood the market with gear, just to see how people respond. Others should follow this trend.
    (0)

9. 11-14-2013 12:00 AM

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    I'd rather sell the stuff on ah but that's just me. I'm at least giving someone else something they want/need.
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yes, I have been drowning in low-level gear lately. Decided to level geo only using outside zones, and brown casket drop rate has been insane. Every one I open tends to have 2-3 pieces of gear. Must have built several full sets of bone, cotton, and chain armor sets, along with some back pieces. Have started getting some wool and beetle stuff too. So for any new players, getting armor while killing mobs appears to be easier than ever, as long as you don't park yourself at a book and go afk.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3