Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Bard problems. (Range of ballad and minuet caps)

First all wiki says I get a 81 cap in minuet but I am only hitting 81 with 2 emp +2 meaning I get 1 str turned into adding 1 more attack.

+81 Attack with Apollo's Flute, merits and 680 skill.
    Hard cap appears to be +72 (or +81 with Apollo's Flute).
    ^it says nothing about emp body -.-

I take body off and get 76.

My total totals 710 and I have Apollo's Flute

Then minuet IV gives 74 attack with emp +2 body and 75 with 2 emp +2
    but cap is listed as 66 ..

I am so confused.

Also why is ballad III not as big range as ballad II or Ballad I with Crooner's Cithara?

Then I do not get why I can play minuet V> minuet IV> minuet V again and get no effect till I wait like 30 extra seconds when skill and instrument is the same.

I do not have problems overriding different songs though.

I just returned to FFXI after like a year, and never took a serious look at brd before so don't hurt me -.-
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 09-25-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Merits?(dont play bard but, back when I was bringing rdm up to speed I was freaking out at my skill levels cuz they didnt add up right, then remembered merits, /facepalm)
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    no merits is listed for V but idk about IV, I >Think< my base matches that then add in all the bonuses. I am not sure about IV that is why I asked about that since I am a bit confused since wiki did not have a full list for it. (Not sure how the new gear should effect it)

^ for V what I was saying is I have more skill then this but I am getting less attack bonus.

Plus the different ranges for ballad III is driving me nuts because I don't hit people with it (like people i don't want it to hit, then I hit them with ballad II)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 09-26-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    First all wiki says I get a 81 cap in minuet but I am only hitting 81 with 2 emp +2 meaning I get 1 str turned into adding 1 more attack.

^it says nothing about emp body -.-

I take body off and get 76.

My total totals 710 and I have Apollo's Flute

Then minuet IV gives 74 attack with emp +2 body and 75 with 2 emp +2
    but cap is listed as 66 ..

I am so confused.
    Look here http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Minuet

Also why is ballad III not as big range as ballad II or Ballad I with Crooner's Cithara?
    Stringed range is affected by the amount of stringed skill you have. Low level songs need less skill to get maximum radius.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/St...strument_Skill

I.E. low level songs get huge AoE and higher level songs get smaller AoE.

Then I do not get why I can play minuet V> minuet IV> minuet V again and get no effect till I wait like 30 extra seconds when skill and instrument is the same.

I do not have problems overriding different songs though.

I just returned to FFXI after like a year, and never took a serious look at brd before so don't hurt me -.-
    This is just how songs are sadly. You have to wait to reapply or overwrite it with a different song.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reain; 09-26-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    no merits is listed for V but idk about IV, I >Think< my base matches that then add in all the bonuses. I am not sure about IV that is why I asked about that since I am a bit confused since wiki did not have a full list for it. (Not sure how the new gear should effect it)

^ for V what I was saying is I have more skill then this but I am getting less attack bonus.

Plus the different ranges for ballad III is driving me nuts because I don't hit people with it (like people i don't want it to hit, then I hit them with ballad II)
    You still didn't actually answer the question: Do you have 5/5 minuet merits?
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I have full merits yes, I thought I explained that when I was comparing mine to wiki.

About the ballad range cap. I read somewhere we got the caps easily for all things, interesting guess I do not meet that yet.

I guess unlike other things the singing does not effect this? My string is still a bit low for 99 so I can see that.

So then I have +4 total from gear right? that makes 62+13=75 and merits make it another +5 attack? only 1 attack is added for each merit? does that sound right? I guess the normal wiki is a bit off with those caps?

I thought the merits would effect it more then just adding 1 attack per merit, meh =/

Quote Originally Posted by Reain View Post
    This is just how songs are sadly. You have to wait to reapply or overwrite it with a different song.
    No different songs over-right them right away, it is same song that won't
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 09-26-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So i was testing the ranges at 301 string skill.
    I even found a point in distance where ballad I hits but ballad II doesn't.

I also made someone reach a distance where Pianissimo songs ( wind or string) or single target songs could outreach ballad I casted normally.

The difference of single casting, ballad I, and ballad II is only a few walking steps each though.

Is this normal?

if it is I take it each song has it's own maximum?
    (0)