Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    They just need to delete pet jobs altogether. This is an MMO. Solo elsewhere.
    In the same process they'd need to delete other jobs that also break this tradition. Such as: DD's that are able to Tank.

Pet jobs shouldn't be required to be solo jobs, this is the fault of SE, if they made pets useful in party/alliance situations then they wouldn't be, also players make it so by not inviting them to anything due to there being others jobs that do it better.
    (4)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    To my knowledge, we still lose the timer if the mob dies before Blood Pact: Rage goes off, so SMN is still in the same boat as BST on that. This only affects support abilities which shouldn't be interrupted when the mob dies anyway.
    (1)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Ward as well, unless I missed something?
    That's what this whole thread is about... they just fixed it. Though the quote is that "Blood Pact: Ward abilities will no longer be interrupted if the mob dies before the action goes off", this may only actually apply to enhancing wards, not offensive wards.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    That's what this whole thread is about... they just fixed it. Though the quote is that "Blood Pact: Ward abilities will no longer be interrupted if the mob dies before the action goes off", this may only actually apply to enhancing wards, not offensive wards.
    I thought they fixed Ward being interrupted when the mob dies, not timers being reset, unless I misinterpreted that. So timer reset should still be broken for both Rage and Ward.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't see why they should get kudos for this. They fixed what never should have been broken to begin with, and it took them a decade to do so.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I thought they fixed Ward being interrupted when the mob dies, not timers being reset, unless I misinterpreted that. So timer reset should still be broken for both Rage and Ward.

Previously when you used a BP:Ward and the monster died before it went off, the move would be stopped and the timer reset. Now when you use a BP:Ward and the monster is killed before it goes off, the move will still go off.

With BP:Rage, if the monster is killed before the ability goes off, the timer is reset and the ability obviously doesn't go off. The fix they made to BP:Rage months ago was that if you used the ability and your avatar was out of range, it wouldn't reset the timer like it used to.
    (0)

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyinghippress View Post
    Previously when you used a BP:Ward and the monster died before it went off, the move would be stopped and the timer reset. Now when you use a BP:Ward and the monster is killed before it goes off, the move will still go off.

With BP:Rage, if the monster is killed before the ability goes off, the timer is reset and the ability obviously doesn't go off. The fix they made to BP:Rage months ago was that if you used the ability and your avatar was out of range, it wouldn't reset the timer like it used to.
    Don't forget that there are also monster-targeted ward pacts! I think he is right when saying the timer reset is still there for monster targeted ward pacts.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    Don't forget that there are also monster-targeted ward pacts! I think he is right when saying the timer reset is still there for monster targeted ward pacts.
    This is what I meant. I know they fixed one thing, but there's still another and (in my opinion) more serious matter they need to focus their attention on.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It's cool that they fixed Wards stopping when a mob dies. But it's lame that you still lose Rage timer when a mob dies. Same goes for healing breath on wyvern, adventuring fellow spells, and TP moves on BST pets. Fixing one part of the issue is nice and all, but why are the rest ignored? It's kinda like plugging up a small leak in a dam when next to it is a huge hole.
    (1)

I'm starting to think that avoiding enemy-targeted pet skills from being wasted is impossible without rewriting half the server software. They've simply painted themselves into a corner and can't get around it.

I dunno about them, but that would be too awkward for me to admit to it, at least!
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast