Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Fobby
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    for simplicity sake for the SE team, which might also encourage them to go through with merging obis/gorgets, this would happen with only combinations of Rare/Ex items since they cannot be stored/trashed(unless you want to work for them again).

The effort we spend in farming all those organs should count as enough investment. incorporating the idea of exp trials (what conditions will xp need to be gained to count?) would serve as more work and act to deter people from making a merged obi/gorget. furthermore, i hate doing exp trials for dyna equip. synthesis recipes would work best as ToM trials can only upgrade one item a time and not combine more than one (unless you turn it into the box).

i'm all for an "all or nothing" approach to merging. one elemental obi, one elemental gorget. (maybe those m.acc grips too) If I had to work for SE, designing separate trials or multiple syntheses to combine just two or four obis at a time and making those respective products might end up being more a pain in the butt than not.

if SE wants to put in the work to combining two items at a time, they could very well make skillchain named obis. this would only add 4+2+1 items to the game (and reduce inventory for those who only spend time getting those certain obis) remember that my goal would be to reward those who got all the obis/gorgets.
    (1)

You could do it with trials without making it as annoying as dynamis trials are.

I'd suggest something like this: Trade two appropriate gorgets to Yurim, for example light and fire, and she'd tell you some crazy stuff like "well I've made this new item out of those two but it seems like it needs to be charged in some way or another". Then you'd just run to the magian moogle or something and trade this, let's call it Fusion gorget to one of them, who in turn tells you to kill X number of sea mobs with the item equipped. The resulting gorget would work with all WSes that have light, fire and fusion properties.

Repeat for all the other level 2 properties, and then repeat again for lv2 gorgets into lv3 gorgets that each would work for all elements of their alignment. Naturally, if you didn't feel a need for all of them, you could stop anywhere in this process.

I'm sure Yurim would be able to make some sense of the belts as well, considering they can't be all that different from the gorgets.

Considering al'taieu isn't a time restricted zone like Dynamis is, it wouldn't be nearly as terrible. I would get right on a quest like this, at least. I'd quest even more gorgets/obis while doing the trials for my current ones, too.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'd also really support this. I only use 3 gorgets, 2 belts, and 5 Obis but I'd happily collect the other 14 items if it let me combine them and gain 7 inventory spaces.

On an unrelated note, I am afraid I'll have to second that Satchets shouldn't be included in this. As they stand, +10 resist, +2 stat, and an unquantified (5%?) chance of absorbing damage of a specific element is pretty much useless. However, if they combined them then +10 resist, +2 to each stat, and a 5% chance of absorbing any element damage would be easily the best MDT piece and might be a competitive ammo piece for some WSs. I don't think this would be a game-breaking improvement or anything, but I think it's enough of an improvement that SE is unlikely to bite.
    (5)

Yeah, I agree with that. If you want SE to combine sachets, that's fine, but you can't use the same arguments for that as you use for combining belts, obis and gorgets because they are technically pretty different.

Obis/belts/gorgets give absolutely 0 benefits when used incorrectly, while a rainbow sachet would.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, Obis give a penalty if used incorrectly while a combined Obi could not Still, that was also technically true of Staves and those got combined.

Other Obi things:
    * If you use an Obi on the wrong day right now, it forces a weather penalty.
    * If you get nuked with an element that opposes the current weather/day with the right Obi on, you force the penalty of that element.
    * If you get nuked with an element that is strong to the current weather/day with the right Obi on, you force the bonus of that element.

A combined Obi would be more useful defensively but equally useful offensively. People rarely use the waist slot for MDB/MDT (MDB+4 for PLD? Slipor Sash for mages?) and can cap out easily with other slots and Shellra V, but the complexity of macroing in Obis currently combined with the odds that you're going to be increasing rather than decreasing the magic damage you take from spells makes them pretty untenable as a defensive option unless you're fighting a monster that only uses one element with a Scholar to keep you Storm'd (like Rainstorm vs. Tiamat). If you eliminate the chance that you'll be taking increased damage from the spells, then you could just use an Obi all the time. MDB+4 vs. (at worst) a 2/8 chance at forcing a negative day proc.

The improvement is slight, but it exists (unlike for belts and gorgets).
    (4)

I actually was not aware of the penalties of using an incorrect obi. Well, that's good to know.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Well, Obis give a penalty if used incorrectly while a combined Obi could not Still, that was also technically true of Staves and those got combined.

Other Obi things:
    * If you use an Obi on the wrong day right now, it forces a weather penalty.
    * If you get nuked with an element that opposes the current weather/day with the right Obi on, you force the penalty of that element.
    * If you get nuked with an element that is strong to the current weather/day with the right Obi on, you force the bonus of that element.

A combined Obi would be more useful defensively but equally useful offensively. People rarely use the waist slot for MDB/MDT (MDB+4 for PLD? Slipor Sash for mages?) and can cap out easily with other slots and Shellra V, but the complexity of macroing in Obis currently combined with the odds that you're going to be increasing rather than decreasing the magic damage you take from spells makes them pretty untenable as a defensive option unless you're fighting a monster that only uses one element with a Scholar to keep you Storm'd (like Rainstorm vs. Tiamat). If you eliminate the chance that you'll be taking increased damage from the spells, then you could just use an Obi all the time. MDB+4 vs. (at worst) a 2/8 chance at forcing a negative day proc.

The improvement is slight, but it exists (unlike for belts and gorgets).
    Using the wrong staff also provided a penalty, though obi's are farm more situational.
    (0)

Character
    Fobby
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    can we get dev team opinion?
    (1)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    got a question would the "rainbow sachet" give + 2 to each stat as well as occ absorb any elemntal damage ?
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

That's why Byrth and I aren't so sure that we should include the sachet in this request.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast