Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Fobby
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Merging Elemental Obis/gorgets

With the creation of Iridal/Chatoyant Staff from all of the elemental staves. Wouldn't it be possible to do the same using all 8 Elemental obis/gorgets? Obviously we'd have to create this using the synergy system with CC 40 or so, maybe smithing or leather 40 for gorgets.

Essentially the obi would have "Gain full effect of current day/weather bonuses"

thoughts? this would definitely save space for people who invest their time into making these items.

Dev team: you dont have to make a new graphic/icon since the item isnt visible on the avatar.
    (77)

Yes. Please do this, SE. I don't care if it is a somewhat time consuming quest involved. Just let us gather all the elemental obis, gorgets, and belts and create one item for each slot that works for everything.
    (20)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    i agree we need these so bad because the inventory use is killing me
    (5)

Would be nice, look at Twilight Cape, Zodiac Ring, and Sorcerer's Tonban. All pretty much have day/weather effects for magic. Definitely something to look into.
    (1)
    S to the M

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Support bump!
    (6)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Grips too :E
    Don't forget the grips!
    Allow us to merge them all please SE!
    (11)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Do this for all the elemental everythings. 8 obis, 8 gorgets, 8 sachets, 8 belts.... ouch. I guess if you were really hardcore about it you might even have all 8 of those grips. A way to merge them all into 1 per slot would be fantastic.
    (22)

Character
    Dabackpack
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    There's really no good reason to make us lug around 8 pieces of gear per slot. I can't think of any legitimate justification for NOT allowing us to partake in a quest to merge the 8 pieces together. It's not like it would cause balance issues because (at least I'm assuming) you actually would NEED each component in order to make the final result. Plus it'd be Rare/Ex so no problems on that front.

If the developers think that inventory management is supposed to be one of the legitimate challenges in an MMO, then lol.
    (6)

I am actually not sure if sachets should be lumped together with all those other items. At least not by using the same argumentation.

The arguments for combining belts, obis and gorgets is that they grant absolutely no bonuses when used for the wrong WSes and spells, so the argument is that it would have absolutely 0 impact on gameplay and balance, and therefore there is no reason not to do it. However, sachets have stats attached to them, and combining them would give you an item that has all stats +2 in addition to all resistances +10.

This isn't a very big deal, I think, but nevertheless, the situation is different and the same arguments for combining them can't be used. For the obis, the arguments would have to be "the stat boosts are not very big so I think it wouldn't matter very much", while for the others the argument is "It doesn't change anything except our inventory space".

I would like to keep these two matters separated, so that the developers can't use the "but sachets!" thing as an argument against every one of the different items.
    (7)

Player
    Eh drop the res all and just make it occ nullify magic damage instead of absorb? idk an ammo slot piece that could absorb all would be kind of broken... then again having 8 is detrimental in that you have to reset your tp to make use of them.

In any case +10 to resistance wouldnt be OP by comparison to a combined main effect since no one really makes res all builds in favor of MDT, that and at higher MDT you see diminished returns on MDB and resistance gear.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast