This is impossible.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The floors jump amount seems very skewed, its definitely not an even distribution. What I've been noticing is that the floors under 50 tend to give you 2~4 floor jumps the vast majority of the time, it's only after 51 where the jumps seem to be bigger.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    What confuses me is SE's insistence on grindfest themed gameplay. We've been here for 9 years more or less, having fun despite the grind. Is it impossible to hope for content that focuses on fun instead of gear hunting to get better gear, tags, and restrictions?
    The fact is, if an event have no grind, and no "hunting to get better gear", then nobody will do it and it's fact. That's why you rarely see ppl do pvp(they still do, just SO RARE compare with other content) Garrison, eco warrior etc. It's not that SE "insist" to make content giving out better gear, just that majority of player would rather not spend time on it if it has no reward.

If they want to make ppl do a content for fun, but don't want to offer reward/better gear, the only possible way I can think of is to add competitive element, such as leaderboard, achievement point, PvP element and so on. But it seems that FFXI isn't leaderboard/achievement point/PvP centered MMO.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    "Grinding" aka "Treasure Hunting" is common in my MMO's. In SE's cause is that they've yet to grasp what is enjoyable and what isn't. Everything running up to a spot then fighting the same boss NM twelve times and getting jack sh1t isn't fun. Even if the NM were to dispense goodies like a peeze it still wouldn't be fun. Now if they made a one to two hour dungeon where you cleared multiple levels while progressing through increasingly stronger boss NMs, then that is fun. Provided the boss NM's don't go all Kefka on you an "OMGWTFBBQ DIEDIEDIE!!!!", then it's just cheap on the developers part.

Also then NEED to stop putting all the goodies at the very end, it should be graduated progression with goodies dropped with each stage. Not a sh!t ton of crap then a few decent drops from the very end boss.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    The fact is, if an event have no grind, and no "hunting to get better gear", then nobody will do it and it's fact. That's why you rarely see ppl do pvp(they still do, just SO RARE compare with other content) Garrison, eco warrior etc. It's not that SE "insist" to make content giving out better gear, just that majority of player would rather not spend time on it if it has no reward.

If they want to make ppl do a content for fun, but don't want to offer reward/better gear, the only possible way I can think of is to add competitive element, such as leaderboard, achievement point, PvP element and so on. But it seems that FFXI isn't leaderboard/achievement point/PvP centered MMO.
    Can't help but notice the events you listed are incredibly boring. I realize there's a formula at work here, where we do events for gear and shinies, but we only do those events for the shinies and not because the event is fun.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Can't help but notice the events you listed are incredibly boring. I realize there's a formula at work here, where we do events for gear and shinies, but we only do those events for the shinies and not because the event is fun.
    Off Topic: I'm of the opinion that they should offer non stat related customization as a reward more often. They should add things like warp points that can only be gotten by beating certain tiers of content a certain number of times, or enhancements that turn that butt ugly gear into "super fly, I'm the bestest of the bestest and you can tell just by looking at my gear" type gear. Instead of having events where you have a 1/10 chance of getting an item that's worth 1,000,000 gil, they could just make the event drop 100k every time (These numbers are of course just an example, as every event would be different).

There should be bonuses for helping people out with events too. Ie. If you beat an event with a bunch of people who have done it a million times before then you get regular rewards, but if you beat it with a bunch of people who haven't cleared it before, then you get bonus drops / points / whatever.

All I'm saying is that if they just got a little creative, they could make things a lot better. I'm mean, they were sort of onto something with evoliths, but the gear sucked and it was too random. If they added that sort of customization to currently existing gear and made it so that you could do it by trading points from different events to an NPC for different pieces, it would probably be popular.

TLDR; They should make more rewards that aren't stat related, but are worth chasing regardless. That way they can spend less time trying to make events that are hard enough to be fun for "mr. I have every relic / empy on the planet and my whole LS does too", but easy enough that "joey the pink ninja" can beat it once in a while too.
    (3)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 11-05-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Character
    Tigrress
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    This is impossible.
    Shame its what has happened.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So you're saying you have done Nyzul 20 times and never received a jump over 5 floors? That really is statistically impossible. What's the point of even making this claim?
    (0)

Player
    Its not statistically impossible, I mean realistically I could roll a die 1,000,000 times and it come up 1 each and every time, its just very, very, very unlikely. This is much the same, unless the game forces you to get a higher jump if you get alot of shitty jumps, which it doesn't.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    So you're saying you have done Nyzul 20 times and never received a jump over 5 floors? That really is statistically impossible. What's the point of even making this claim?
    He probably only cleared 2-3 floors each run, lol. That's the only way it's possible.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast