Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    I just get tired of bad players spamming threads like this saying its unwinnable unless you flee hack at 500% and use lamp order DATs.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Player
    People who aren't bad, and see terrible amounts of luck based parts in an event, probably hate being called bad players too.
    (6)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    I just get tired of bad players spamming threads like this saying its unwinnable unless you flee hack at 500% and use lamp order DATs.
    Because anyone that has a problem with RNG dominated events is a bad player.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Because anyone that has a problem with RNG dominated events is a bad player.
    If you cant win neo-nyzul at least 10% of the times you go into the event, youre in a bad group of bad players, and might be bad yourself.

Neo-nyzul is instant win, no progression required, RNG is just an excuse bad players use for why they cant win. Inside 2 weeks I acquired every piece of gear my mule needed from the event, with a lot of people who didnt have much/any experiance with the event. Within 2 months anyone could be 15/15 if theyre not bad. Compared to old FFXI, or even Abyssea stuff, this event is an amazing handout of awesome gear.
    (0)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 10-22-2012 at 08:36 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Your enthusiasm for this event amazes me. Can I have some of what you're smoking?
    (5)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Your enthusiasm for this event amazes me. Can I have some of what you're smoking?
    So basically ppl that have cleared without clipper are not allow to express his/her opinion about this event isn't that bad?

SE forum rule No.1: If you're not here to complain about game content, you should gtfo cuz you're not allow to defend for game content or tell everyone how it is possible to win.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    So basically ppl that have cleared without clipper are not allow to express his/her opinion about this event isn't that bad?
    No, you are allowed to express your opinion, just not in a condescending & insulting attitude, such as telling people they are bad players because they disagree with an event they believe to be highly luck based. This is something that Wish seems to do any time someone says NNI is bad content, flaunting a high personal win rate followed by the insulting comment that is similar to...
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    If you cant win neo-nyzul at least 10% of the times you go into the event, youre in a bad group of bad players, and might be bad yourself.
    For me it has little to do with the fact people want to say the content isn't bad, Ill simply disagree with anyone who wants to say it does not have many parts of luck, mitigated with skill & proper communication, my problem is more so the underline tone of how its being said, and the remarks I see as insulting.
    (5)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post

SE forum rule No.1: If you're not here to complain about game content, you should gtfo cuz you're not allow to defend for game content or tell everyone how it is possible to win.
    No, I never said anything like that. After all the forums are here for us to discuss the game and post our opinions, I was just stating that Wish has a huge amount of enthusiasm for NNI and has been defending it tooth and nail for 15 pages. To me that's like someone extolling the merits of a pile of hot garbage and arguing with anyone that disagrees, because they just don't know how awesome said garbage really is. Of course that's just my opinion, feel free to ignore me.
    (0)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The event is luck based. You will win, you will lose. If you have any sort of decent gear, like an OA2 DRK with 26% haste and even a shitty weaponskill set, you can win. Just learn the damn event and do it right. I know players 10x worse than me that cleared the content legit. The event is more about speed movement and communication, not OMG zerg everything. Little things like making your sch pull mobs to you, people not fighting together, having a designated lamp caller. They all help. Fulltime flee boots. Having flee available 100% of the time is a huge boost. Sadly the groups I go with don't even do that shit, and it shows. Stop blaming SE. The only thing that could be minor changed is order lamps. The rest is all failure on the playerbases part.
    (3)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Personally, while I do think that Neo-Nyzul is perfectly possible to beat as long as you put the effort in, I still think its a horribly designed event, when you consider things like Salvage at 75...at first people didn't have a clue how to beat it, then in a few months people were doing full clears of SSR 1-4+B with time to spare. That was people figuring out strategies and getting into the rhythm of the event, etc. Neo Nyzul has that to an extent, you can get good at it but even with that the random number generation can still bone you, and I think that's something worth complaining about. I just find it silly that one night my group can get 5 wins in a row and then the next week we get 0 (This actually happened, I'm not exaggerating ). It's just a poorly thought-out event. The absolute worst criticism you can throw at Salvage was the cell drop rate in Arrapago, which still averaged out high enough for a well-oiled group to full clear the area every single time.

I think they should make order lamps not make you wait something like 20 seconds after a failure, and I think that fix alone will probably make it better (Such order lamp floors wouldn't be all that worse than gigantic clear all floors anyway). I really hope SE avoids this sort of design philosophy in the future though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kincard; 10-23-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast