Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    For me it has little to do with the fact people want to say the content isn't bad, Ill simply disagree with anyone who wants to say it does not have many parts of luck, mitigated with skill & proper communication, my problem is more so the underline tone of how its being said, and the remarks I see as insulting.
    I only speak the truth in a blunt and easy to understand way. A 10% win rate requires your group to be able to clear 15-16 floors a run, if you can't do that, you are in a bad group, no question about it, there's nothing to argue. If you don't like my bluntness on the subject, you should just ignore my posts, but that won't change the fact that I'm right about this. You can't even argue against my stance that in comparison to old content or even abyssea, this event gives amazing rewards for time spent doing it, you just complain that I speak bluntly.

I don't expect most people to clear 20 floors on average like I did, 15-16 and having a 10% win rate is more than acceptable, and you'd get everything you need within 2 months. If all the complainers in this thread had been doing this event instead of complaining in this thread, you'd all be done by now. It's kind of sad the way I see it.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Player
    Nothing to do with being blunt either, you have straight up told me I'm a bad player because I told my opinion that this event has way to many luck based things in it that are only mitigated by skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    And Demon, youre just bad, I dont even care, suck less and you'll win, that simple.
    (0)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 10-23-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Then stop being bad?
    Game isn't hard.

That's also not why I said you're bad.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Player
    Point is when talking about NNI you always come in & say you have a blah blah win rate, you have all you want for you & your mule, and people are bad players. This condescending attitude is what I have a problem with, you like NNI? Cool, I don't, many others don't, thats our view on it, I don't say that your just a cheating liar who wants to keep your NNI gear and want it as a gloating tool you can keep while others cant get it the same way because they fixed lamps. I simply tell you my opinion on the event, take it or leave it, doesn't give you a right or reason to be a douche about it.
    (7)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So after 16 pages, they still have not recover their ability to say something and pretty much ignoring people again as usual. Seems like this game is going back to their ancient ways of see no evil, hear no evil, the consumers do not exist and they are only paying monkeys with no opinion and no voice....
    (3)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    So after 16 pages, they still have not recover their ability to say something and pretty much ignoring people again as usual. Seems like this game is going back to their ancient ways of see no evil, hear no evil, the consumers do not exist and they are only paying monkeys with no opinion and no voice....
    No content can please everyone, but I think SE official forum thread should not be an indication whether everyone is happy or mad about it. From what I've seen, majority of players(probably including myself, since I complained about things too) that come here mainly because they're unhappy about something in this game, while ppl happy with the content usually won't come here to say stuff. There are plenty of ppl I know have full set, didn't clipper, and told me that NNI is one of their fav event, some even kept doing it after 15/15.

Is NNI luck based? Yes, like old dyna/salvage/VW/limbus etc etc etc. But based on the fact that A LOT of player already has full set, it's certainly not unclearable, far from it. Of course nobody can force ppl to like the event. I don't like the event either, and pretty much just gtfo after I got what I want. Doesn't mean I think this event should hand out item faster than it is now.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    NNI is one of their fav event, some even kept doing it after 15/15.
    Not to sound rude/mean/offensive but... I don't believe that 1st part, and I have to assume the 2nd part is because they are helping people who need it still who are friends or LS members.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Not to sound rude/mean/offensive but... I don't believe that 1st part, and I have to assume the 2nd part is because they are helping people who need it still who are friends or LS members.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. Some doesn't like VW zerg, doesn't like lv 75 solo content, and NNI was in right difficulty with mid-sized pt. 1st part is real. Like how I can tell ppl how I love VW all day while others hate it, or others tell me how love abyssea all day but I hate it as much as NNI.

2nd part is because they're helping yes, but if you hate it with a passion you wouldn't want to help either.

Nothing to do with being blunt either, you have straight up told me I'm a bad player because I told my opinion that this event has way to many luck based things in it that are only mitigated by skill.
    I agree that Kaerin's attitude is pretty, err, notorious on forums and not everyone liked. But one thing I don't really understand. If player A call another player doing it wrong/gimp/bad, that player often have 3 different types of reaction. It's either
    1: Acted up and call player A elitist 2: Defend for themselves, insisted they're not wrong or they have various reason to do it wrong. 3: Back off and tell everyone that they'd rather not do the event.

I know that probably not everyone is going to enjoy everything, nor I can change how ppl enjoy certain things. IMO however, if one player have problem to achieve their goal, wouldn't that player need a more positive attitude to solve the problem? If another pt has 18 floor jump avg(Note that I didn't use win rate here, only used jump, to emphasize on performance over luck), but my pt only have 15 jump avg, then what I should worry about, is to increase floor jump rather than being called doing it wrong or bad.

And I think that's where Kaerin is getting at. That majority of player, have no positive attitude, nor the will to find and solve the problem. And this is one problem I noticed on a lot of players in general. And it has nothing to do with gear/hardcore etc(this happens to players plays 24/7 also). If Ukon 90 WAR A parsed 7%, Ukon 90 WAR B parsed 15% in every fight, not just one. The obviously Ukon WAR A is doing it wrong. If Nyzul A pt has 18 jump avg, Nyzul B pt with same setup only has 15 jumps avg, then obviously Nyzul B pt is doing it wrong and should try to find ways to get more jumps. What I don't understand is, instead of trying to perform as well as others, many Nyzul B pt player come to the forum and complained, and tell everyone that they hate this event and not going to do it anymore.

Of course no event can please everyone. But personally if I see other ppl performing better than me, 1st thing I ask is if I do something wrong, and try to solve the problem in every way, before I worry about elitists call me bad. However, I rarely tell everyone I hate this and give up, or else I will never beat it and get item, and giving up is same thing as losing.

But now that majority of player got so acted up or instantly back off from event if I suggest them how to improve when they play their jobs, with no intention to solve the problem, even if I said in most polite manner I can think of. I don't get it. Isn't problem solving/positive attitude an important aspect irl when you work too? So how come once we log on to the game it's all gone? Inb4 game isn't life.

Majority of tips and tricks to win is being posted on the forums. And you need X setup+ cheating to win is just exaggeratting. A lot of Nyzul complain posts floating on the forum I actually posted several solution. Don't have 3rd pt tool? Powder bootsx7+ full time rotation and keep flee up full time. Don't have DRK WAR etc? Many other jobs such as NIN DNC COR BLU THF proved to able to clear. Nobody want to take your jobs? Make your own. Your pt really really REALLY can't do 16 floor jump? Do F80 25 times I guess. To be successful in this game, is nothing but problem solving(a skill you used a lot irl too), and find different ways to improve performance within your ability and resource. I don't deny that I can't solve every problem I encounter in game, but that's part of the spice of playing the game, it's a challenge, and if you can't face it with a more positive attitude while enjoying it, then what's the point to keep playing?

That's really what I see from Kaerin's post, besides the fact that not everyone enjoys NNI. NNI is one of my least fav event and I swear I hated it, but I never run away from it, and still managed to put together a group, farmed a lv 85 empy for my DD, and watched a tones of Video, spent tones of gil on powder boots just to beat it and get gear half an year ago. And this is not THAT undoable for majority of player IMO. Once upon a time my friend told me, "If you can't get something, that means you haven't tried hard enough". I always remind myself with what he said, for both in game and irl, whenever I set a goal that seemed impossible to reach.

I know next post someone will reply with "But I just don't enjoy the content, and I'm paying for this game so I should get content I enjoy". Ok move on.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 10-23-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well they *fixed* Nyzule Isle.

Embrava is now 90s base for 3:45 total.

Requires 5 floor 80 wins to get a floor 100 item.

They want floor 100 to remain "lucky only".

So ... good luck...
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Thore
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They've certainly "fixed" NNI alright...
    (0)

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast