Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post

I would not consider BLU to be one of the best melees for Nyzul.
    Quit hanging out with bad BLUs then.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    You see that bearded gentlemen with the look of disappointment on his face in the bottom right panel of your sig? That's the face I'm making right now, all of the things you pointed out are game basics, and for all your over-explanation it still boils down to pressing buttons and running forward.
    Why stop there? Why not say it all boils down to breathing, being conscious, and having enough chromosomes to have at least eight fingers to play?

The details for the most part hardly matter outside of gear choice, being that our characters have a linear stat progression and there are literally zero differences between one character and another of the same job aside from racial bonuses and gear.
    So anyone picking up the controller or keyboard of the same character will preform the same as long as they are not a different race and have the same merits and gear. Gotcha.

or be told to sit in the corner with RDM and BST.
    Hey, I would take a Guttler BST over a MNK to NNI.

No.
    You know why I like you? Because you are just so constructive. How many pieces of NNI armor have you acquired too? You never told me.

You are unable to convince me that your awesome cookie cutter strategies and ability to communicate with 5 other people via voice chat programs makes you more capable of winning an event where luck plays a huge factor in every aspect.
    Than a less skilled group? Yes. What is so hard to understand about that? More skilled players are capable of getting more jumps than less skilled and more win. Nothing hard to understand about that.

Cookiecutter groups? Oh, I see, well then. This is quickly winding down.
    The old "cookie cutter" routine egh?

I play BST and am not ideal for timed events requiring spike damage, so I'm defaulted to the corner to play craps with RDM and discuss our plans for world domination.
    I remember when I had my first job hit level cap.

if the devs added a voice option compatible between xbawks and PC it would be that much easier to keep everyone on the same page in situations where lamps need to be fondled in a specific order and what have you.
    You are posting on a PC I imagine? How many people have xbox, play this game, and do not have a PC they can use a VOIP program with?

Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Quit hanging out with bad BLUs then.
    I go BLU to NNI..

I said it is very acceptable to bring. Certainly not going to keep up with the Rag DRKs using last resort and resolution spam. I did go on about if there is a BLU then there is no reason for a MNK imo too, but perhaps that did not make my feelings to clear on the matter.

90% of the BLUs are bad anyway how can you not hang around with them? My favorite are the ones in VW with almace and genbus shield sub war or blm. See that one a lot somehow.
    (0)

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostfowl View Post
    NNI is boring, lack-luster endgame content that is unimaginative and NOT skill based.

We win...heres how. Go in 2 sch (capped enhancing w/enhancing gear merits), 4 sam all geared to the teeth with macro gear and empy, everyone on vent. Go in buff/embrava sams run in different directions using speed gear like powder boots to make them get where they need to go faster, both sch stay at lamp, sam finish objective > move to the next floor reapply embrava and repeat. NO SKILL NEEDED so I call bs on anyone saying its skill related. Gear yes, skill no.

Lamp floors, easy. Everyone is on vent. Make order and same time lamps easy sch can accession > snk/inv > powder boots for flee, get to lamps using vent to talk you can take down the order fast, by now there is usually someone back at lamp since there is rarely, if ever 6 lamps on a floor. Lamp floors can be faster than kill all floors if everyone knows the drill.

Bosses > buff/zerg/win/disappointedface

All the ppl who win this sans cheats need no real skill. And the ppl who cheat...well thats true laziness. It all really comes down to what floors the rng wants to spit out

sam/sch are the only jobs needed so if you dont have one of these with capped skills and geared to the teeth, you are S.O.L. son.

So yes it does need to be tweaked for time extensions and what not, make it open to more ppl/jobs so more ppl can enjoy it. As it is right now...well there's a reason staff changes are being made
    Wow pal talk about false information, War/Drk/Mnk work aswell as Sam haha muppet.
    (1)
    Htid!

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Why stop there? Why not say it all boils down to breathing, being conscious, and having enough chromosomes to have at least eight fingers to play?
    You're right, we'll go with that.

You know why I like you? Because you are just so constructive. How many pieces of NNI armor have you acquired too? You never told me.
    Re-read my previous post, I answered your question. Thanks for the compliment, you're a pretty swell guy yourself. :3

Than a less skilled group? Yes. What is so hard to understand about that? More skilled players are capable of getting more jumps than less skilled and more win. Nothing hard to understand about that.

Cookiecutter groups? Oh, I see, well then. This is quickly winding down.
    The old "cookie cutter" routine egh?
    Remember what I said earlier about neither of us convincing the other? This chunk of text supports that.

I remember when I had my first job hit level cap.
    Oh you. All of my jobs are displayed on the AH website if you really care to look at it and leave a snide comment. I play BST because of my odd work hours and time schedule, properly gearing a solid DD is a massive time investment and I just don't have enough hours in my day to work on it effectively. With BST I can go at my own pace and do whatever I feel like doing within my ability to solo or duo/trio with some buddies. Plus it's my favorite job, kind of reminds me of pokemans. I've got WHM for LS activities, but I require at least a case of beer to play WHM. I wish there was a beer elemental line of magic spells.

You are posting on a PC I imagine? How many people have xbox, play this game, and do not have a PC they can use a VOIP program with?
    Tablet. I've got a couple of options for voice chatting, but most of the voice chatting in my LS channel is carried out when our DDs are drunk and loud so it's mostly there for comedic purposes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Caketime; 10-02-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Character
    Rinza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I will go ahead and say this, those of you gear snobs that play this game for 20 hours a day 7 days a week are gonna be real disappointed when the 70-80% of the population that is casuals on this game leave and then SE cancels it. Which is whats gonna happen if all the content requires Job A + Equipment B = Win. Abyssea brought people back to the game and this attitude of elitism is what is driving them away en mass. If you love this game as much as I do (Been playing 7 years) then stop being such jerks about it and understand content everyone can do leads to content everyone will want to do. Also I think the elitists need to be reminded again that keeping casuals playing keeps the lights on.
    (4)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Razielrinz View Post
    *tears*
    Have you ever played this game?
    For serious, have you?
    (1)

Character
    Rinza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Sure have played it. Been playing it fora long time. And I am one of many people who are getting fed up with this crap. Making any event single out jobs and restrict the rest is not good for business. I remember soloing Blm to 72 on Bst pets cause I could not get into any Aht Urgan parties cause they all did birds and birds reflected damage. Why should people be forced to play a certain job to do content they want to do to get w/e gear they want? What if I want to come on my Corsair? What if I want to come on my Blm? What if I hate Sch or Smn or the heavy DD that you require? Why should I have to play something I hate to get gear I want? It should be open for everyone to do without having to cheat or rely on Sch 2 hour and JA or Smn and their 2 hour JA. And content that makes it restrictive chases away people that are casual and reduces the number of people paying for the game. Oh and Plasticleg I like your quote, as it shows your ignorance to a very real problem. I, like many have lots of hours in this game and would like it to keep going and content like NNI is not helping it. That's my opinion. The only real solution is to reduce the overall difficulty (incoming hate I can feel it) and just say W/E to the 4 HDD and 2 Sch parties kicking it's teeth in like they do now anyway. This way everyone can do it (even pick up parties wooooooo) like they used to be able to in regular Nyzul Isle. So hate on me all you want but I love this game and do not want to see it go down the crapper cause of elitist attitudes leading the development team.
    (3)

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Honestly im sick of casuals since abyssea came out i still remember the average casual nobody who got a huge ego when abyssea first came out infact most of them were worse than these so called elitist snobs you are talking about, so why should i care if a casual player can or can't succeed at nyzul, I don't care and it's simply because you are terrible at the game and you casuals seem to think you have the right to have gear handed to you ever since abyssea came out, heres a hint nni wasn't designed so you would win on every run so man up and keep trying to do it and stop crying on here about it
    (1)
    Htid!

Player
    Why do people keep bringing up limited job viability as an issue with Neo-Nyzul Isle?

Compared to Legion or any event where a !! over a monster's head is desired, Neo-Nyzul Isle is open to a huge number of arrangements of a huge number of jobs. Two spots are occupied by Scholars, but the other four are open to almost anything that hits things with things and benefits fully from Embrava.

The huge number of relatively weak enemies makes Neo-Nyzul Isle a walk through the park, naked in April on Free Hotdog Day, for one-handed melee compared to Legion.

Some jobs are definitely left out, but again, there are very few events in all of FFXI that lovingly accept all jobs. An event where a Blue Mage or a Thief can wail on stuff in the same party as a Dark Knight or a Warrior is a pretty open event.

Not to say that Neo-Nyzul Isle doesn't have issues, but it flummoxes me that stuff about jobs keeps coming up in the complaints.
    (1)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's a red herring for people who just want the event to be easier so they can beat it.

SE can't put out top tier events that you can literally take any 6 jobs to and win because then when you went with the ideal set up you would fly through it like a cruise missile through wet toilet paper. Imagine if you will, if NNI was set to a difficulty level that facilitated being cleared by a PLD WHM THF BRD RDM DNC party. Now imagine that same toned down NNI with a party of SCH SCH UKON RAG RYU RAG.
    (1)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast