Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    any DD will do, you are wrecking EP mobs . Damage is not the pb. it's luck that matters. and you spend most of the time running around.
    The only places where you need high powered DD are Boss floors or floor 60+ leader / kill all floors. Those places then to have NMs with lots of HP that hit really hard.

We've won with various setups depending on who needed the gear that day.
    Our super group / static that consistently won was
    SCH
    SCH
    WAR (Rag)
    WAR (Ukon)
    THF (Mandau)
    BLU (Almace, me)

Ride bergressor and eat meat while running around killing everything. We found a good BLU (read: not an abyssea / voidwatch proc onry BLU) to be invaluable. Requiscat and various damage types are helpful on floors with undead or flan NMs. That and BLU's can destroy EP~EM monsters while also being able to stun most NMs (not boss's though).
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Is it also true that TH affects how many pieces of gear that can drop from the boss? I heard of a group with a THF getting 3 pieces to drop from the boss. Without TH it's either 0-1 pieces.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    Is it also true that TH affects how many pieces of gear that can drop from the boss? I heard of a group with a THF getting 3 pieces to drop from the boss. Without TH it's either 0-1 pieces.
    Yes TH dramatically effects the floor 100 boss. We routinely got three drops off him and occasionally two.
    (0)
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's not the DDs that are the issue. SAM is hardly needed, in fact isn't SAM kind of LOL these days compared to war and drk? Regardless, any good 2 handed DD will be fine, and many other jobs such as blue mage and mnk will be fine as well. DDs need to know how to swap gear, macro weaponskill and tp sets, have full haste, understand their x-hit if 2handed, etc. Understandably reading a lot of people's post on this forum and seeing some in game that is a big issue.

The real issue with Neo Nyzul is the ridiculousness of requiring 2 scholars full timing embrava to win. Does no one else think an event that takes 6 people and 2 have to be scholar 2 houring is silly? I know other events had jobs that were "better" but never did a low man event like neo nyzul REQUIRE 2/6 players to be the same job. I guess 1 rdm/drk out of 18 chain spell stunning a boss at 75, but the reliance on embrava in this event is just horrible bad design to me. Even when kraken drk was nerfed no one really missed a beat except for AV.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    It's not the DDs that are the issue. SAM is hardly needed, in fact isn't SAM kind of LOL these days compared to war and drk? Regardless, any good 2 handed DD will be fine, and many other jobs such as blue mage and mnk will be fine as well. DDs need to know how to swap gear, macro weaponskill and tp sets, have full haste, understand their x-hit if 2handed, etc. Understandably reading a lot of people's post on this forum and seeing some in game that is a big issue.

The real issue with Neo Nyzul is the ridiculousness of requiring 2 scholars full timing embrava to win. Does no one else think an event that takes 6 people and 2 have to be scholar 2 houring is silly? I know other events had jobs that were "better" but never did a low man event like neo nyzul REQUIRE 2/6 players to be the same job. I guess 1 rdm/drk out of 18 chain spell stunning a boss at 75, but the reliance on embrava in this event is just horrible bad design to me. Even when kraken drk was nerfed no one really missed a beat except for AV.
    It was designed to only be won once per couple of months. Artificial difficulty injected by Tanaka's RNG. As I mentioned before NNI has several cheap things that can happen and will ruin a run, it's not just order lamps but different NM's and such, especially past floor 60. And ultimately your at the mercy of the RNG for floor jumps, couple of weeks back it was stupid, out of seven runs (between two weeks) five of them requires 20+ jumps to get to 100 and the other two were failures due to some really stupid sh!t happening. Sometimes you can get there in 17, other times it'll take 23 (highest recorded win so far). Sometimes it'll be spec enemy right next to the lamp, other times it'll be Kill All with Genbu, Krutzel and Tarasque all next to each other. Sometimes it'll be code lamp near the door, other times it'll be order / same time with one lamp being two rooms east and five rooms south of the start.

The idea of double Embrava and all the special *magic* is to give yourself the maximum amount of advantages to overcome the SE F*CK Y*U RNG. So when it throws three to four straight two floor jumps with stupid objectives or pathos's at you, your still able to overcome them and eek a win out. Very rarely does a single thing cause a failure, it's usually the cumulative effects of three to four "bad luck" rolls of the dice that cause you to fail at floor ~90.
    (0)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Right, SE probably didn't imagine the double embrava strategy. That is all players trying to overcome like you said. If SE really doesn't want to adjust the event , at minimum make the lobby a true lobby and have the timer not start. In addition can't they do something about the lag after you hit the lamps?
    (0)

Character
    Ryanx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If you do not have right job suck it up and lvl the right job needed there is a reason why we can lvl multiple jobs unlike other MMO were you can only lvl up 1 job
    (1)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    As someone who's only participated in 3 runs, and won all of them, I wish NNI was more about skill/gear than luck.
    I very much dislike that it's possible for one run to be full of screw-you-over lamp floors, while another could be Code Lamp Floors that complete quickly.
    Just as well, pathos can royally screw you at any moment.

If this was not such a tight, time-based event, I might not mind.
    If this was not an event that ran on the terrible limitations of Assault Tags, I might not mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanx View Post
    If you do not have right job suck it up and lvl the right job needed there is a reason why we can lvl multiple jobs unlike other MMO were you can only lvl up 1 job
    NNI has nothing to do with having the right job. I ran it on DNC, and we also had a THF. People run it with heavier DDs than that and still fail because the event is so random.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    As someone who's only participated in 3 runs, and won all of them, I wish NNI was more about skill/gear than luck.
    I very much dislike that it's possible for one run to be full of screw-you-over lamp floors, while another could be Code Lamp Floors that complete quickly.
    Just as well, pathos can royally screw you at any moment.

If this was not such a tight, time-based event, I might not mind.
    If this was not an event that ran on the terrible limitations of Assault Tags, I might not mind.

NNI has nothing to do with having the right job. I ran it on DNC, and we also had a THF. People run it with heavier DDs than that and still fail because the event is so random.
    You're missing the whole reasoning behind embrava-ing NNI.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    My LS doesnt cheat and has a 40% win rate. Even counting the runs we've been doing where we just bring whoever is new in my LS along.

Neo Nyzul is fine as is. It's a skill and gear dependent event, and it's nice that there are such things in this game.
    About the same rate for my group and the random people we tend to take along.

It is luck based mainly, but because of that more skill, gear, and coordination are required.

I believe it is fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Sorry, any event that practically requires a certain job--or, more specifically, a certain JA from said job--is screaming for an adjustment
    Where were you the entire history of this game? Chainspell stun on dynamis lord and NMs back in the day? LS typically only wanting PLDs to tank most HNMs? XP pts that only wanted a BRD COR RDM (or whm) and 3 DDs? Each job has its own element to excel in and be unique in. When you blur those lines and anything works for everything then you might as well just start taking jobs out of the game. It was never cried adjustment that RDM, BLU, or BST could solo NMs back at 75. If it is not broken you don't need to go make it conform to everyone's wishes because everyone wants something different anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    People are still defending NNI? It's a horribly designed event and you all know it, lamp order floors and zerg tactics don't showcase your skill, it just showcases your willingness to jog on a hamster wheel for shinies.
    Yes, because when two identical groups go in and one wins a run or two and the other is wiping on floor 13, takes 4 minutes to find a register lamp, and clears kill all floors slower than the other then it clearly is not skill based at all! Playing this game at all shows a willingness to run on hamster wheel. Your analogy is dumb.

NNI is not broken. Go to any random shout group for something simple. Say an abyssea MB win, and you will see why people can't win and complain. The average caliber player is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Also remove the random f*ck you pathos's like no-white-magic and no-weapon-skills, those on a boss floor and your toast or even a really high level floor and your toast.

It's basically just running a gauntlet and hoping that the dice don't roll a natural 1 for game over.
    Getting something like a kill all with no WSs does not guarantee a loss. The pathos and random events that you can benefit from or be hindered by are just a part of what makes Nyzul. Every other event in this game is based on constants as it is. I would find it hard to believe anyone could seriously claim that they get tired of Nyzul faster than other events in this game. It is always different when you go on and never know what to expect. That is what Nyzul has always been. Just when you think it is over there is your five floor jump, free floor, nine floor jump, register next to the lamp, five floor jump, spec enemy at the start, and so on. Just when you think you have won you get 99 kill all with genbu and hydra with three minutes left and a lot of invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    but never did a low man event like neo nyzul REQUIRE 2/6 players to be the same job.
    DL at 75, two RDMs for chainspell stun. BLM parties for Aspid. Come on certain jobs being used repeatedly is nothing new. Just because it is a lowman event does not change anything. Who cares if it is two anyway? Events always require a job for a specific purpose here and there. The only reason two of the same are taken is to repeat the same purpose.

You can win this without two SCHs too. It is not actually "REQUIRE"D. You would sub in a BRD for one of them which may actually be what happens with the embrava nerf.
    (0)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast