Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Any hints on getting thf relic gloves

As the heading, been randomly killing mobs in dynamis xcard with a friend recently and no sign of thf gloves, anyone got any heads up on how they got theirs or best way to get
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I just killed the mobs near the entrance, solo on thf until they dropped. I think I got the drop on my 3rd session.
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Assassins armlets? Drop in xarcabard, or tavnazia...pretty much any kindred bard, monk, drg, ...we thought they were 100% off the NM close to where the op would be in xarcabard but didn't get 2/3 kills. So Idk.... Happy hunting.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nawesemo; 09-22-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Player
    Relic has never been a 100% drop of the appropriate NM, I've personally never even noticed a higher rate but that is purely eyeball with no statistics to back it up. I would say the best way to get them is to join an XP farming session due to the larger number of mobs killed in a single run.

Personal anecdote: I went a few weeks ago to see how my THF with mediocre gear would do solo against TEs and the EP mobs. Got AA on second kill and died due to linking and partial DC on the third. Random drops are random, for once it worked out in my favor. Your experience may vary.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Count Raum is the Thief Notorious Monster and can drop them if you proc him.
    (0)

think it's just luck, was soloing there pup/dnc yesterday, floored 2 of them
    (0)

Player
    Sorry, I was unclear. You are correct Count Raum can only drop AA but my guess is you would be far better served slaughtering a far larger number of EP mobs in the time it takes to get him to spawn/kill him. Unless of course for some reason you are also after Dynamis Lord pop items in which case, two birds one stone.

I stand by my assertion that joining an XP party would serve you better for the sheer number of mobs you will kill. If you don't see people /sh for one make your own, I'm sure there are plenty of people that want to augment various pieces of AF2+2 gear. I've seen one group forming on Asura since I first posted in this thread and expect there will be another before I log off for the night.
    (0)

Slaxx is right about the party, increases your odds majorly. Being party leader, you can certainly designate that you get the 1st ones that fall, noone will really mind that. You might also ask any of the myriad soloers in there to duo, most are after currency (I know I am-working on my Gjallerhorn) so the relic they get floors. Your odds are even better if you have a good proc job or as a thief, your TH is higher than the bst's is now. Someone would probably take you on. You are on the wrong server or I'd offer.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    People keep mentioning BST when it had TH3 like it somehow won out against a THF. Only way it won out is if the Thief was naked. But going beyond that, I would join tose groups as mentioned or duo or trio someone. Don't be afraid to send tells to soloers etc. just keep in mind that they're there for relic hands and anothing more, they shouldn't be bothered by you being there as long as all of the currency remains there and you get to proc and soak up AF you need.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It's about a 0.5% chance to drop off any Kindred mob, 50% chance off Count Raum.

http://ffxidb.com/items/15107
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast