Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Enspells will override any additional affect from equipment. Auspice is the only thing that will override Enspells.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    I think the word "intentional" here is just going to make people mad. "
    umm.... the OP did ask specifically if this was their "intention"?

I don't understand why people that play this game, can't seem to get around the idea of the devs making or designing a weapon/armor with a specific trait or ability that is individual to that 1 piece of gear and that alone? It was answered that it was indeed an intentional effect and it really should just be dropped at that. Essentially that means that the issue that you are having with that sword is ultimately your problem and not an issue with the sword itself. Sure it sucks that the sword you worked hard for isn't working the way you thought it would, but it's what the devs created, and is working how it was intended to. You mad bro?
    (0)
    Last edited by Volta; 01-31-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    umm.... the OP did ask specifically if this was their "intention"?

I don't understand why people that play this game, can't seem to get around the idea of the devs making or designing a weapon/armor with a specific trait or ability that is individual to that 1 piece of gear and that alone?
    "Intention" (in this case) is synonymous with design. My original post was really trying to understand if the behavior was by design or if it was a bug in the code. Anyone whose played XI for any reasonable amount of time knows there are lots of bugs. Step one on my Excalibur campaign was clarification.

It was answered that it was indeed an intentional effect and it really should just be dropped at that.
    I have two problems with that remark. First, they didn't answer that, at least not clearly. They started to rationalize that making it work the way I (and the JP) described would be too difficult and not practical: "a complete reworking of the weapon as well as limit the use of Enlight, which is not a realistic approach to this". This tells me it was design by requirement, not by intent. At some point in history, some SE dev probably told his boss, 'Uh hey, we have a problem here, Enlight won't work with Excalibur's proc', and then the boss says, 'no problem, we'll just proceed as if that was our plan'. Taking the easy route can be bad game design. Generally, that's bad design period. Sometimes this works but it usually makes for a weaker end result, a compromise. It's a bit like road hockey: suggesting you intentionally wanted to play out on the street in the middle of traffic is a farce - it's simply a compromise to get closer to the sport that's played on ice. In this analogy I'm not suggesting people don't want to play road hockey, I'm just alluding to the fact that the 'ice hockey' was the original true design, the other was a compromise.

In fairness to SE, they have to make some compromises or else the game would never have been finished. I realize this, but perhaps I'm a bit more bitter after my FFXIV experience.

My second issue is that we should not just 'leave it at that'. That's why this community exists, does it not? To question and to offer feedback and suggestions for improvement? My goal is to make a funner game. Improving Excalibur's process is one granular step towards that.

You mad bro?
    If you're asking me, yes probably a little. Disappointed is probably a better word though. Are you happy?
    (1)
    Last edited by Oakrest; 02-01-2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Player
    I understand what you are saying. But from what I got from the dev is that it was meant like this? Perhaps I read this wrong?

Also I am in full agreement with you as to why this forum exists, to give feedback or suggestions. I'm so used to it as XIV is my main MMO, (which for the record they fixed most of the issues with and are launching next month with XIV ARR beta mid Feb) and I'm much more used to complaints, suggestions, feedback...its more active than the xi forums for sure.

Don't take what I said the wrong way, as stated above, perhaps I read it the wrong way, but from what it sounded like...this was intentional. Honestly if I worked for a relic in XIV (which is a MASSIVE feat to obtain one, moreso than an AF+2/3 in XI) I'd be mad if it didn't function the way I thought it would.....or if I got a response as you implied wasn't really enough to justify why they couldn't fix it. My post was really made out of anger of the way the dev was being talked about and about some of the comments made towards SE because of this (honestly minor) issue. The devs work really hard, and I'm sure they are very busy readying the new stuffs for the planned expansion and also any updates in between then and now. Good luck for a hotfix for this dear sir.
    (0)

Player
    On a side note, wtf does my main say sam? weird.
    (0)

Player
    Enspells will override any additional affect from equipment. Auspice is the only thing that will override Enspells.
    And treasure hunter
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Necro Bump for continued disapproval.
    (2)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Now that I'm exploring Adoulin a bit, the lack of Enlight available to Excalibur is increasingly becoming a point of contention for me. Accuracy becomes even more important in SoA with the higher level monsters and so not having Enlight on full time is adverse. Excal's value is diminished substantially in SoA. Please fix Excalibur +enlight! I.e Add some Acc full time to Excalibur if we can't use enlight with it!
    (0)
    Last edited by Oakrest; 04-15-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.

Character
    Caiusx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    All you have to do to get the devs to do what u want is boycott...get everyone to stop paying thier bills for a month or two...then u will see them give u whatever u want
    (0)

Very pleased this was seemingly fixed in the last update. I actually haven't tested yet since my 95 Excalibur has been easily replaced by a ilvl 117 RoE sword which I use in place of it But all-in-all, it was a pleasant surprise to see SE do something about this.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4