Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I pretty much agree with the other posters here.

If a dev can read this i guess the real point is this.

If the addtional effect proced over Enlight it wouldn't cause any problems as far as i can see.

But the fact PLDs need enlight for the +30-60 acc boost alone means it takes away a large part of what the point of the relic is.

Either way you fixed alot of the DD relic to restore them to what they previously were why can't you do this for excalibur since it lost it's place when you added Enlight and Emperyans ??
    (5)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Player
    I think this is intentional to prevent other shenanigans from other jobs like KC+BW+Enfire+Haste Samba or what have you.
    (0)

mmm, The question is not allowing 2 or more Enspells at the same time, Its allowing The more powerful one to Proc on the occasion it would normally do so.
    (8)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's a 1H weapon. There is no possibility that you could be worrying about game balance with any 1H weapon. It's just laziness.

Making additional affects proc with more generous priority was something you could easily do to appease an under-powered portion of your player base. Instead you continue to treat your RDMs and PLDs like shit. Congratulations. You have a semi-hardcore fan base. It doesn't make you less of assholes.

SARCASM!!!:
    You should buff Ragnarok more, because that's the bees knees these days, and everyone in PJ looking the same is the coolest thing ever. Remove all the incentive to play with diversity.
    (7)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 10-01-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Also, it is not possible to make it so the effect from Enlight activates when the added effect from Excalibur does not. Likewise, changing the priority so that Excalibur's added effect is higher than Enlight would require a complete reworking of the weapon as well as limit the use of Enlight, which is not a realistic approach to this.
    In that case, I think you should seriously consider reworking the weapon or spell. It is a relic weapon we're talking about here, remember. They are special enough to deserve some extra development time to function well with the other effects in the game.

If it was a random mid-level weapon that didn't function properly, I'd be fine with such a reply, but this is a weapon that costs several hundred million gil.

And I don't even have an Excal, or plan on getting one.

As a workaround, can't you just change enlight to have excalibur's effect as part of the spell enhancement, and make it so it only procs if you are wielding an excalibur in your main hand?

Something like
    Calculate enspell damage normally
    Perform check: Is mainhand = excalibur?
    If yes, apply Enlight effect, make X% of the enlight effects deal slashing damage equal to what Excalibur's effect would have dealt
    If no, apply enlight effect as normal.
    (7)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-01-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    we would like players to choose which effect they want to use by removing the Enlight effect for the times they prefer having Excalibur's added effect.
    That's really disappointing to know that my Almace embraces Enlight more than my Excalibur.

That said, turning off enlight (not casting it) is exactly what I've been doing - because even if rare, it seems the chance at the 25% of hp slashing damage is more damage than letting Enlight run. I guess what's most discouraging about this is that I had to find it out after I got my Excalibur (from realizing it wasn't procing with enlight active, I stumbled upon the JP thread linked in my OP). I had calculated the added damage and ACC from enlight as part of my reasoning to upgrade from Almace to Excalibur, but with this new knowledge it does feel like a bit of a side-grade.

Moreover, I'm a bit disappointed with the response: not because it isn't what I wanted to hear, but because it seems so contradictory. On one hand you're saying "this is intentional" which suggests it was by design, but on another hand you're saying, "changing the priority so that Excalibur's added effect is higher than Enlight would require a complete reworking of the weapon as well as limit the use of Enlight, which is not a realistic approach to this" which suggests it's a lot of work to change - but why even consider that if it's intentional? The rational seems a bit ... odd.

Perhaps the dev's should revisit Excalibur and look at injecting some of the benefits of enlight onto the weapon itself? Also, consider making the 25%hp additional effect generate enmity which it currently does not.

Please find this feedback with good intentions, thanks!
    (7)
    Last edited by Oakrest; 01-29-2013 at 07:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

A friend is making this weapon now, so I'd like to confirm, is it just the add. effect damage varies with HP effect, or the hidden effect 2.5 damage, or both that are overwritten by enspells?
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    A friend is making this weapon now, so I'd like to confirm, is it just the add. effect damage varies with HP effect, or the hidden effect 2.5 damage, or both that are overwritten by enspells?
    The damage varies with HP effect.
    (3)

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Pld are used to getting the raw end, no matter what we say...Started with WoTg!!!IMO.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    One a JA, one a Spell, But in essence its the same idea, An En-Effect, and a Weapon Effect.
    I tried the Grotesque Cesti (100% HP drain add effect). I already knew that it overwrites Drain Samba, so I try with an En-spell on. And the En-spell completely overwrites the HP drain effect.

So yes, JA and spells don't work the same way
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast