Character
    Dekar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

Correct, this is intentional. As some of you may already know, added effects from weapons cannot stack, thus unfortunately the added effect from Excalibur cannot be used in conjunction with Enlight.

Also, it is not possible to make it so the effect from Enlight activates when the added effect from Excalibur does not. Likewise, changing the priority so that Excalibur's added effect is higher than Enlight would require a complete reworking of the weapon as well as limit the use of Enlight, which is not a realistic approach to this.

With that said, we will be keeping priority on Enlight and would like players to choose which effect they want to use by removing the Enlight effect for the times they prefer having Excalibur's added effect.
    This is absolutely terrible. How would making the additional effect of Excalibur overwrite Enlight hurt Enlight (or any En-spell for that matter)? This dev response is terrible and desperately needs to be reconsidered.
    (20)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The way that's phrased makes it sound kinda like raising Excalibur's proc priority would prevent enlight from activating even on hits where Excalibur's didn't proc. Which would kinda defeat the purpose.
    (1)

I'm actually confused as to how this would be impossible.

I know, Or believe by a good margin, That some Additional Effects on weapons (One Example, The only i can think of... the MP Drain Staff from Buburimbu Brown Box) can overwrite Samba Effects. SO if Additional Effects can overwrite Samba... How come This Additional Effect can't overwrite Enspell... I mean, I suppose i can see some reasoning as they may in fact work different, One a JA, one a Spell, But in essence its the same idea, An En-Effect, and a Weapon Effect.

To the above, When i first got the staff in question, I had Drain Samba, and the MP Drain effect on it would still kick in now and again. So unintentionally or not, Effects from Weapons have the power to overwrite those from JA's...

Again, I suppose EnSpells(Magical) Work differently than Samba's, Since i think Samba's are a debuff on the enemy technically.

Oh well, Sorry to hear this will stay this way, Don't personally have an Excalibur but agree this is pretty disappointing for you.
    (9)

I can confirm that Vampyric claws also over-writes sambas, and so did sirocco kukri.

This dev response is BS. I'm annoyed and I don't even have Excalibur, nor will I ever get it lol.
    (7)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I believe Endark and Blood Weapon have the same compatibility issues.
    This reply is very disappointing and not an attitude I'd expect from a Game Developer. Essentially it translates into "we would have to put in some work into fixing this, but can't be bothered, so deal with it". This one can't be coated with "PS2 limitations" and the implied "it's working as intended" must be confusing for any person able to perform basic mental reasoning, so the after-taste it leaves me with is pretty bitter.
    I'd expect more from a Developer of the game I play and pay for.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Solution : Excalibur PLD get the price to purchase Enlight from that NPC in Al Zahbi from the dev time, because really during the duration of enlight I'm doing either slightly less or vastly less damage with Enlight compared to my enslashing!
    (0)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Player
    Glad to see there has been little reform in the dev team's evaluation of our understanding of the game.

Thanks for sucking yet again guys.
    (5)

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Pathetic really, it needs sorting out and it's just lazyness on se behalf not to do it. I'd also love to know who the 3 fools were who liked the dev post. Muppets.
    (2)
    Htid!

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That is kind of BS answer, it's not even an unreasonable request, I could understand if we were talking about making them both proc at the same time, but this is simply asking for the better effect to proc when it would actually proc instead of enlight.

I see no reason why doing this would mean enlight must be gimped. If Excalibur was a 100% activation then there'd be no issue, but it's not and it should be able to proc over a weaker effect.
    (1)

Player
    Greetings,

Correct, this is intentional. As some of you may already know, added effects from weapons cannot stack, thus unfortunately the added effect from Excalibur cannot be used in conjunction with Enlight.

Also, it is not possible to make it so the effect from Enlight activates when the added effect from Excalibur does not. Likewise, changing the priority so that Excalibur's added effect is higher than Enlight would require a complete reworking of the weapon as well as limit the use of Enlight, which is not a realistic approach to this.

With that said, we will be keeping priority on Enlight and would like players to choose which effect they want to use by removing the Enlight effect for the times they prefer having Excalibur's added effect.
    I think the word "intentional" here is just going to make people mad. Yeah, the code for En-Light is working as correctly as the code of FFXI ever does, but is this outcome really what anyone wants? Did a Developer ever set this outcome as a goal, rather than an unavoidable result of how wonky additional effects are within FFXI?

I hope not, because this outcome sucks.

That said, I can understand why this isn't being adjusted if it would require a large time investment. Compared to other things that might require digging deep in the spaghetti code and fighting the Flying Spaghetti Code Monster who lives there, such as increasing maximum inventory space or adding entirely new mechanics, the gains from modernizing the functionality of additional effects seem minimal.
    (10)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast