Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Main-hand if no R/M/E

So, I opted out of Twashtar as my group was sick to death of Glavoid, don't really play enough to do Mandau, mythic is completely out of the question, so what's left?

So far I've been unable to get a Coruscanti, so it's between a few options (unless I missed something):

STR trial dagger.
    Supernal Knife (I assume this will be last. I never used it yet since getting it).
    Lux Pugio (what I currently use).
    Aluh Jambiya (never actually went ahead and bought this, despite it looking like such a good weapon - idk why?).
    (0)

Get an aluh and offhand a fire dagger or lux pugio, I'd say.
    (0)

Hmmm, I figured Triplus was pretty much the best off-hand there is?

(4/5 empy +2 build)
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 09-19-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Is it? Guess I should take mine out of storage then. Then again, I only have two +2 armor pieces on thf.
    (0)

Well, idk. With triplus and relic feet +2 both increasing triple attack damage, 23% Triple attack in TP gear, and 4/5 +2s, there's a lot of extra damage gained from those triple attacks. However, looking at the DPS now, those newer daggers do offer quite a lot more than Triplus.

I guess I should try comparing them on Monty's spreadsheet, if I can find where it was...
    (1)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Triplus is waaay out of date. dont listen to that nonsense. And surprisingly pugniligus from legion is now the best dagger for offhand. Unfortunately it's a very unpopular event.
    (0)
    Last edited by Khajit; 09-22-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Triplus is waaay out of date. dont listen to that nonsense. And surprisingly pugniligus from legion is now the best dagger for offhand. Unfortunately it's a very unpopular event.
    Thanks. Took me a few mins to find the dagger you were referring to, but I believe this is the one? Pugiunculus
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Thanks. Took me a few mins to find the dagger you were referring to, but I believe this is the one? Pugiunculus
    I'm not surprised. Just looked at it and the TA+5% made me drool a little.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

I wasn't even aware of the existence of this dagger until now. It does seem like the best choice, indeed.
    (0)

Really? I Can't imagine its too amazing on Enemies with higher defense. I mean, On fodder like Dynamis, Limbus, Salvage, I can see it being a no brainer, But I figured on anything of consequence, It would begin to fall behind a Fire Magian or Aluh Jambiya.

I can also see it losing its shine come the next expansion where i bet monsters will be a little bit tougher than... uh... paper. So, I mean, I won't hold my breath on picking it up, But for a Non R/M/E THF, Right now I'd really recommend Aluh/Flame, or Aluh/Dex if accuracy is needed.

Still, Would like to see how that dagger tends to stack on higher level mobs, When as it stands now my THF has roughly... 23% Triple Attack in gear already. (3 Body, 3 Head, 3 Ring, 3 Feet, 11 Trait/Merit).

Morale of the post, I wouldn't kick yourself for not knowing of this daggers existence, Though it is beautiful, I don't think its the end all be all Offhand on anything above average fodder content. Though, on Average fodder content... Its pretty nice.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast