Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I like this thread. No offense but I mean it shows what I think SE thinks of VW, and how they view it. Admittedly a good event on most bases but the massive problem with rewards is what makes it hated among most of the players who do it. If it were made with a reward ratio that made it take 20~50 fights for the best piece of gear and you could get the rest along the way, it would be a different story. In otherwords, VW is not by any means a bad event. It is a good event plagued with bad drops, which makes the event annoying, frustrating, and often unrewarding, leaving it in a bad way with the players.
    You have hit upon the very reason a lot of people don't care for VW as compared to Abyssea. No one likes to do something for nothing, and Voidwatch all too often is an example of doing something for nothing. I'd be very willing to join in a VW run if I knew, in the end, I'd walk away with something good rather than crafting items that I'd never use. On top of that, can anyone honestly say that the gear so outclasses AF3+2 that it warrants such a low drop rate?

I wouldn't say, by any means, that Voidwatch was a bad idea. The execution, however, was flawed at best and S-E acknowledged this in their subsequent attempts to fix the event (though their eagerness to avoid fixing the drop rates is glaring).
    (3)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    You have hit upon the very reason a lot of people don't care for VW as compared to Abyssea. No one likes to do something for nothing, and Voidwatch all too often is an example of doing something for nothing. I'd be very willing to join in a VW run if I knew, in the end, I'd walk away with something good rather than crafting items that I'd never use. On top of that, can anyone honestly say that the gear so outclasses AF3+2 that it warrants such a low drop rate?

I wouldn't say, by any means, that Voidwatch was a bad idea. The execution, however, was flawed at best and S-E acknowledged this in their subsequent attempts to fix the event (though their eagerness to avoid fixing the drop rates is glaring).
    If you can't accept doing an event and get nothing, then I'd say MMORPG isn't for you. There aren't a whole lot of MMORPG that give you something everytime you do it. And VW isn't the only event in this game that you may do it and get nothing. NM camp, if no drop you get nothing. Dyna/salvage/limbus etc, if it doesn't drop you get nothing. 99% of my life in FFXI, I do something and I get nothing, but there isn't much I can complain about it...because that's what MMORPG goes, you keep playing for gears, and once you get every gear you want there are no reason to keep playing, until next update hits and replaced old gears with new gear, and go back to get new gears again.

What's the point to hand out everything everytime you do it anyways, once you get everything you want you just want to quit because you have nothing to do. MMO is supposed to let ppl keep playing, have some items you don't have so you try to work on it and keep spending time on it, not handing out every items and have ppl run out of things to do. Abyssea era has most players "complained" that they have nothing to do after 1 year of Abyssea released, but not a lot of ppl complained they have nothing to do pre/post abyssea era. Hand out items fast(like Abyssea) only means dev need to release new content to replace old content more often, you really happy with capping gears in 3 months, and gears outdate/replaced every 3 months?

As VW gear v.s AF3+2, it depends on which gear/which slot/which job.....some of the VW gear beats AF3+2 for certain WS/TP/spells etc, they're not completely useless.
    (1)

Player
    Hes not saying you always do, or always should, get something, but VW's rates are insane. The fact people have went over 100 fights of the same NM are proof enough of how flawed it is. The idea of something should be to have high difficulty, and perhaps if needed also a rare drop rate. When I say, rare is 5% at the least, 20% at the most, 1% does not fly well with me. Why not? Simple, when you do something the 1st time, it might be fun, it also may be a challenge, however, once you have fought the same thing 10 times, it becomes annoying, 50 times, 100 times, 500 times, it gets worse as time goes on.

As for AF3+2, his point was that the gear isn't worth the effort by compare. Can you look at any NM in VW and tell me its worth doing 50~200 times for a piece of gear, because it is seriously that much better than your AF3?
    (1)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Salvage droprate are much better ! I'm hoping they will not fail this one (they kept it last for a reason). Personnally I find all of the VW mob retarded, hate reste move after 2k aoe damage tp move, the NEED to bring 18 persons along, and as a general statement, the fact that the gear sucks. The other day I saw a scroll of meteor for 11M in bazars ; it's supposed to be *the* reward from VW & legion ; man a single umbral marrow is going to be enough to get this.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 09-20-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    the fact that the gear sucks.
    There is good gear in Prov, Legion, and VW in general, just not good enough to warrant a 1% drop rate.
    (3)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    If you can't accept doing an event and get nothing, then I'd say MMORPG isn't for you. There aren't a whole lot of MMORPG that give you something everytime you do it. And VW isn't the only event in this game that you may do it and get nothing. NM camp, if no drop you get nothing. Dyna/salvage/limbus etc, if it doesn't drop you get nothing. 99% of my life in FFXI, I do something and I get nothing, but there isn't much I can complain about it...because that's what MMORPG goes, you keep playing for gears, and once you get every gear you want there are no reason to keep playing, until next update hits and replaced old gears with new gear, and go back to get new gears again.
    never left dyna/limbus/salvage(but BR) with nothing, always get @ least a bunch of currencies.VW also have some currencies but with the same crappy drop rate than everything but useless synth that not even worth put on AH.

What's the point to hand out everything everytime you do it anyways, once you get everything you want you just want to quit because you have nothing to do. MMO is supposed to let ppl keep playing, have some items you don't have so you try to work on it and keep spending time on it, not handing out every items and have ppl run out of things to do. Abyssea era has most players "complained" that they have nothing to do after 1 year of Abyssea released, but not a lot of ppl complained they have nothing to do pre/post abyssea era. Hand out items fast(like Abyssea) only means dev need to release new content to replace old content more often, you really happy with capping gears in 3 months, and gears outdate/replaced every 3 months?
    ok, i'm not really happy with capping gears in 3 months, and gears outdate/replaced every 3 months, but i'm even more unhappy to not get gear for 1years, gears getting outdated/replaced....

As VW gear v.s AF3+2, it depends on which gear/which slot/which job.....some of the VW gear beats AF3+2 for certain WS/TP/spells etc, they're not completely useless.
    yes but no longer worth the effort
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you can't accept doing an event and get nothing, then I'd say MMORPG isn't for you. There aren't a whole lot of MMORPG that give you something everytime you do it.
    Just because it's how everyone does it doesn't make it right. It's way past time MMOs evolved beyond the Everquest model.

And VW isn't the only event in this game that you may do it and get nothing. NM camp, if no drop you get nothing. Dyna/salvage/limbus etc, if it doesn't drop you get nothing. 99% of my life in FFXI, I do something and I get nothing, but there isn't much I can complain about it...because that's what MMORPG goes, you keep playing for gears, and once you get every gear you want there are no reason to keep playing, until next update hits and replaced old gears with new gear, and go back to get new gears again.
    The reason we can't have nice things is because people like you are apparently OK with this. It doesn't have to be this way. MMO devs are just generally lazy and unimaginative. They don't know how to make an event fun first and a loot distribution method second.

What's the point to hand out everything everytime you do it anyways, once you get everything you want you just want to quit because you have nothing to do.
    If that's the case then the content isn't entertaining in its own right.

MMO is supposed to let ppl keep playing, have some items you don't have so you try to work on it and keep spending time on it, not handing out every items and have ppl run out of things to do.
    An MMO is supposed to be fun before everything else. Gear is a means to an end.

Abyssea era has most players "complained" that they have nothing to do after 1 year of Abyssea released, but not a lot of ppl complained they have nothing to do pre/post abyssea era. Hand out items fast(like Abyssea) only means dev need to release new content to replace old content more often, you really happy with capping gears in 3 months, and gears outdate/replaced every 3 months?
    Yes.
    (3)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
    My thoughts are I enjoy the content, organizing city clears and parties, battling through all those clears, overcoming challenges along the way, and a bit of a story line all makes for good times.

The bad times come when after that is done, you go fight (for ex.) Qilin 2348972345789345 times with capped lights and get 15 sets of boots, 30 gorgets and not the dagger you actually want.
    Could you imagine the zone's next to the planar rift's if those Item's actually appeared on the ground. They'd look like a land fill's by now.
    (3)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The other excrutiating part of Voidwatch is the ability to not add to the lot pool. And I think things could go alot smoother if that could happen. I know plenty of people still doing Kaggen after Mekira Meikogai because they can get multiple Mekira but cannot for the life of them get the belt. When for most people, they get multiple belts and have to wait ingame centuries to finally get a body.
    (2)

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm one of those people. I went roughly 1/50 on the Mekira Meikogai but I'm easily a further 0/100 on the belt.

So I gave up.

If you can't accept doing an event and get nothing, then I'd say MMORPG isn't for you.
    That might have been true 10 years ago, but it's certainly not true any more. Which is not to say you should get the best equipment in the game without effort, but the days of spending a year with nothing but luck to try and get something are thankfully fading from MMOs.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zubis; 09-21-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast