Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    First of all I'm going to point out that MMORPG is a merchandise, it's made to be selling and make profit......
    agree
    As for "collect point and get gear", FFXI already has such event, that is Einherjar and Legion. However, this sort of thing will face another problem- Can you get ALL the gear by just spending point?

Both Einherjar and Legion doesn't let you get ALL the gears by spending point. So if you want Odin drop, you still have to kill Odin. If you want Gallu/Rex drop, you still have to kill them.

If they let you get ALL the gears by spending point, then nobody will do Odin/Gallu/Rex, everyone would just grind T1 hall/chamber with small pt over and over until they can get everything, doing harder boss become pointless. If boss reward only drop after you kill them, then causals still can't get them, so it's exactly the same as you complained, that ppl can't get what they want and do event for nothing.

Personally I think legion has the most correct Reward:Effort ratio as an event in this game though.
    see demon's answer

Time wise, the way they design VW, doesn't have the room to give players gears in 5 kills. Each VW dies in 1~2 min, if you only need to kill 5 times, you can get the gears in 5~10min of work.

If a rare gear require 20 hours of game play to get it(spending 20 hours of play time to get a gear in MMO is very common in many other games too and certainly not too high), and VW only need 2 min to kill, then 600kill is about 20 hours of work.

Then the entire problem is VW being killable in 2 min, thus you need 600 kills.
    yes the problem is short easy fight with stupid low drop rate.

nobody asked to get gear in 5 kills, but nobody like going 0/200+ when other people toss (or get gils if pulsable item)10* the item you want

+the mob die in2 min doesn't mean you spent 2 min to do it. /sh, repop time, warp to refill stone...(you spend more time waiting than fighting when you do VW)

And I do think that everyone wearing same gear is more harm than good in a MMO.
    I don't care what other player wear
    I won't get a mythic weapons, I'm ok with this because I don't make the effort for it, not because Mr RNG said "NO!"
    i'm not ok with not getting wanted VW item because Mr RNG keep saying "NO!" no matter how many effort i did

Player base will have both hardcore and causal, and somewhere in between, you can't expect every player be causal, some ppl bound to play 10 hours a day instead of 2, and some ppl play 4 hr, some plays 6hr etc.

So the best way is to make every gear have different value.
    I aggre on this but Mr RNG is not a good value metter. And there is some casual that finished VW before some hardcore because they average 1/10 on wanted items while the hardcore is still 0/100+ on anything

Thus Abyssea only is a bad idea, and Abyssea era is bad. I'm not hardcore in anyway, I play only 2~4hr a day, not 10hours, and I didn't say this because I want to be different or something. I don't mind players playing 10 hours a day have better gear than me, I'll just stick with my 2~4hrs a day semi-causal gear and be happy with it, because that's what I am, semi-causal with 2~4hr a day play time. I'm semi-causal, so I wear semi-causal gears. Let causals wear causal gears and hardcore wear hardcore gears, it's all fine by me.
    Irl is the same as well no? You don't see rich person dress up the same as person living on street.
    Forcing everyone wearing same gear no matter how causal/hardcore you are, just makes the game less fun and more harm than good for MMO, and less diversity too. Server merge happened twice during Abyssea if I remember correctly, proved that Abyssea didn't save this game at all. I don't mind game has event such as Abyssea, so Causals can have something to do, but if ENTIRE game is nothing but Abyssea, then that's where it went wrong.
    ok everything being "abyssea level" is bad, but abyssea area isn't bad in itself it's bad because it lasted too long without anything good added.
    abyssea was a level cap filler and was perfect as it. lvl cap was locked on 90 for too long but that's not abyssea fault
    lot's of abyssea gear is still best gear, but once again that' not abyssea fault.
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's too bad, I actually like the personal chest idea. Very pickup friendly and also can reduce drama in a linkshell setting. It's not too far off from being good. Adding a rare/ex drop to the treasure pool really would fix everything. In a linkshell setting, you're now after 1 drop to load within the alliance rather than 1 drop having to load within the alliance in the correct box. In a pickup setting, using that option would be optional and people could still pulse their treasure or pool non-pulse items like Rubeus/Ogier/Athos or things like Phasmida Belt/Omphalos Bullet etc.
    (1)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    To solve the linkshell from monopolizing lucky members, just make it so you have to have the item already to toss it into the pool or direct it to someone else.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    To solve the linkshell from monopolizing lucky members, just make it so you have to have the item already to toss it into the pool or direct it to someone else.
    Am I missing something? What good would that do? And how can a LS monopolize "lucky members" (disregarding, for a moment, the fact that there's no such thing)?
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    People asked why couldn't voidwatch have an "Add to Treasure Pool" option. And some people complained that in linkshells, members would be pressured to give their drops to someone else. This was the VERY reason for personal chests from Voidwatch in the first place, so that no one could "make" someone give up their armor or weapon drops. To add the option and to keep people from being pressured into giving up their rare drops to higher ranked members, just have it so that the option is only available after obtaining such gear.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    People asked why couldn't voidwatch have an "Add to Treasure Pool" option. And some people complained that in linkshells, members would be pressured to give their drops to someone else. This was the VERY reason for personal chests from Voidwatch in the first place, so that no one could "make" someone give up their armor or weapon drops. To add the option and to keep people from being pressured into giving up their rare drops to higher ranked members, just have it so that the option is only available after obtaining such gear.
    1. That would only make people not bother with events anymore once they got what they needed.
    2. It would still mean a mule would get something before a real player could and there would be no way for them to give it to the real player, so the same frustration persists.
    3. With a personal chest no one can pressure you even if they wanted. If you want the item get it. No one can know what you had and even if they did, they can't force you to give it up.
    4. If you have a LS that does such retarded things it's the LS's fault, not the system's. It's like the people complaining about greedy Dynamis leaders back in the day. If anyone ever was under a greedy leader, it was their fault, not the leader's. A leader is nothing without their members. I've known a lot more fair linkshells than unfair ones with bad leaders. And if you're that desperate just make your own. There's plenty of people who want a fair linkshell and would join you.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It probably can't be done in FFXI so I guess it's a moot point, but in WoW one can trade dungeon loot with people who were in the dungeon with you up to 2-hours after it ends. That would be kind of cool, although I suppose "add to lottable spoils" would be a much easier solution since the mechanic already exists.
    (4)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If i had to take a loot system into consideration to replace with VWNM, id go to the BCNM method of locked drop slots. I know to some degree it uses this already, but what if taken a step further to say....Lets look at akvan. Slot one for akvan could be say;

ALWAYS Drops one of:
    Heavy Metal Plate(50%)
    Screamol Band (30%)
    Omphalos Bullet (15%)
    Heka's Kalasiris (5%)

With slot 2 being one of X log or petrifact, Slot 3 being X ingot/ore or petrifact, slot 4 being misc jewel/fish/meat/med or petrifact. Something like that so you KNOW every time you will get something to drop in your first slot. Course im good with a point system too, love einherjar, and old nyzul's objective based floor system. Neo-nyzul is too luck-based for me. Maybe if floor skips could be no less than 5 floors... But thats beside the point...Ahem... If you wanna add more obscure mobs to the spamming list, im not aware if theres an adamantoise VWNM, but perhaps add something else cool like a 1% chance of a NQ/HQ pop for the old land-kings. Perhaps if off a similar type (the behemoth in jugner, the dragon in ifrit's). Just brainstorming. Course i just passed 0/800 on heka's, but am 1/6 toci's. At the time i got toci's i didnt have a reasonable job for it, but have since changed that.
    (4)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Meeble Burrows is the idea I've always TOLD, SUGGESTED to Square Enix.

I hope this is something like this.
    Too weak version = 1% drop rate.
    Easy prey version = 3% drop rate.
    Decent Challenge version = 5% drop rate.
    Tough version = 9~10% drop rate.
    Very tough version = 13~15% drop rate.
    Impossible to Gauge version = 20~25% drop rate.
    Extreme version = 30-35% drop rate and change it according to each drop or something.
    people want to fight everything and some people can fight harder versions for better drop rates.
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7