World: Quetzalcoatl

Main Job: Any/(n/a)

Support Job: Any/(n/a)

Area and Coordinates: Any/(n/a)

Party or Solo: Either/(n/a)

NPC Name: n/a

Monster Name: n/a

Steps:

If you hold the 'Control' key and hit the 'R' key you reply to the last person you received a private communication from.

However:

If you start typing the message, THEN hit Ctrl+R, it doesn't go to the person you last spoke to, but the one preceding them.

This problem is further compounded if you cancel the message you start (escape out of the chat window, start typing again, then hit Ctrl+R) it goes to the next person in line.

This unfortunately happens to me a lot, I hit Ctrl+R too quickly too frequently, and it sometimes doesn't 'reply'; and when I realize it, I'm usually part way through my message, hit Ctrl+R then, only to start a conversation with the wrong person.

What I think it should do is start ALWAYS with the last person you were talking to, then proceed in order with subsequent Ctrl+R's.

(This bug's been in game since the start, it's always bugged me, but never thought to report it til now)
    (2)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    ditto, i blame this same dysfunction for many an mt.
    (1)

Greetings, Frost!

Thank you very much for your patience with waiting for a response to this problem that you have encountered. Unfortunately, according to our records, it seems that the development team was unable to reproduce the problem. In their test, they were able to properly reply to the last person who sent a tell by using pressing Ctrl+R. In order to make sure, they tested it on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. Thanks again for your patience and for your report!
    (0)