Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm not sure what to say to this. Honestly, someone has to try really hard to come to an ass-backward conclusion that a blu will go through the trouble of setting TH1 then sacrifice a 7%haste 2%DA gear piece for a +1th piece and still maintain the same or better kill/proc speed of a bst+pet with TH1.

This has nothing to do with Blu getting a better TH than Bst, cause it is the same damn thing as bst only there is a TH+1 equipable item that quite possibly no one will ever put on over a better piece. That is like saying a thf/dnc will sacrifice their kill speed by equiping Thief's knife when farming Dynamis (which if you do...shoot yourself in the foot...seriously, I'm not kidding here...get a gun and shoot yourself in the foot).

Now, if blu/dnc could set TH1, super tank 2-5 mobs, proc, and have moderate kill speed you might have a case. Fact is, they can't without support or sacrificing something else in the process, just doesn't work that way. I have thaumas, I have quite a varied option of haste sets to choose from, and I can tell you right now I would never ever sacrifice belt slot to put on TH+1 item and sacrifice a useful job trait lvl to set TH to reach TH2. It just isn't worth the overall sacrifices to attain TH2, let alone just use the item for TH1 effect flat out.

By the way, please find me a blu that will go through the trouble to setting TH1 and wear an augmented sash to farm thinking it is far more beneficial to do so than alternative means. If you find this person, I would like to /point and /laugh until I'm blue in the face......for I find the thought of someone doing this absolutely hilarious.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not really for or against this but please stop acting like having the TH belt on for ONE swing is somehow gimping yourself for the entirety of the fight. I'm a BLU with Thaumas and Almace as well.
    (5)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Are people really saying you're losing 7% haste by using a taru sash on BLU? You do realise you don't fulltime it, macro it into SL and you're sorted.
    (0)

tarutaru sash or not. blu falls into the "other jobs" category at the bottom of SE's proposed TH hierarchy because anything/thf has more TH than a blu already. it's not like other jobs can't sub thf AND wear a taru sash.
    (1)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If all you can pull from the post is that it "gimps" the haste department then you missed where I said it doesn't due to various haste options. I instead mentioned that if someone thinks a blu will seriously go out of their way to set Th trait plus use the belt and be at the same kill rate as a bst using a th pet then they are seriously looking at things ass-backwards. Almace or not, all haste options or not, a blu/dnc with th2 via trait+sash is not comparable to the bst and their TH pet in terms of kill speed and multiple mob holding.

This guys argument is about as valid as bitching about other jobs that can equip the sash subbing /thf and getting Th3 instead of TH2. The fact behind it is that it isn't done because the gain from it does not outweigh the loss of another trait and anyone who needs TH that badly on something would be better off lvling thf instead. Plain and simple it is a bad argument all around since the guy just looks at the TH part of it and not the whole picture.
    (3)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I foresee another nerf on a grand scale.
    (0)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    <Slow clap>

I saw this OP last week and figured it would get a few responses, but here it is still going strong. I swear you guys argue about the most asinine things.....
    (2)

Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I tried TH trait and don't see it overpowered. It felt like a waste of Blue points though.
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8