Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Blue mage treasure hunter trait is too overpowered

Ok, ok, before the flames start burning my behind hear my argument.

SE stated that the hierarchy for treasure hunter is as follows:

Thief
    Ranger
    Thief job support
    Other jobs

From what I can tell blue mage falls in the other jobs category. Blue mage can attain TH2 from the augmented tarutaru sash and the treasure hunter job trait by setting the correct spells.

Beastmaster also falls in the other jobs category. I'm assuming that's the official reasoning for reducing th from Falcorr and Yuley from TH3 to TH1.

Now, why is blue mage special to get TH2? If blue mage can attain TH2 from gear and job traits then beastmaster should be able to also attain TH2 through the thief pet and gear.

Now here's a proposed solution. Either take blue mage off the tarutaru sash or introduce a new piece of gear that gives pet treasure hunter +1. I'm not one for gimping one job to elevate another, so my preferred solution is to introduce a new piece of gear offering pet: treasure hunter +1.

It's the only way to be sure.
    (5)

I REALLY hope your trolling bro..... because like..... wow if your not.... pleases say your trolling
    (19)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    No, I'm not trolling. There's this big hubub about bst having th and no-one considered the fact that blu can get th2, the same as subbing /thf, by just equipping some spells and wearing a tarutaru sash. How is that balanced? SE, themselves, said the order of TH is to be:
    Thief
    Ranger
    Thief job support
    Other jobs
    Nowhere in there does it say blue mage is to be above other jobs. So I put this to you. Fine, let blue mage keep th1 by setting spells and have the ability to have th2 by also wearing the tarutaru sash, but don't be hypocritical of bst wanting the same thing using gear. DipperYuley and Falcorr posses a native th1 trait. Beastmaster should be given the same opportunity as blue mage and be able to equip a piece of gear that gives pet th+1.

Please reread my original post. I'm not advocating that SE take blue mage off the tarutaru sash, though that is one of the suggested solutions. I'm promoting the idea of giving bst a piece of gear that gives pet th+1 just so things can be balanced.
    (2)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    ok the question is what would you give up for it, if se made the penalty a lingering effect on your pet, -all pets job traits + stout servent for 1min? remember blu loses a lot of spell points setting th1, and can make you lose alot of dmg potential when you have caped gear haste DW2 and DW3 are a big difference in dmg potential, and generally blus are sacrificing that for that th1, not to mention general for us things like dynamis are much much riskier , that extra point of th is there to make us take that risk you bst are unwilling to take. Of all the jobs that really have a chance at dynamis blu has the lowest natural evasion(c-) but i dont cry at the nins(A+) dnc(B+) and thfs(A+), know your advantage and push it, and before you say i know nothing of bst i already did my time as a bst in dynamis and simply noticed i could make more currency on blu tho if something went wrong i was in the penalty box for 5 mins, which almost never happen on bst. O and ps before you say it isn't, we all know this is about dynamis.

sorry i had to be that guy but yea 90% of the blus who see your post probably would have written something much much more hateful i mean really your post is up there with like a rdm posting on drk forum its not fair for them to get fast cast helm(provenace one) with as much fast cast as there af hat
    (3)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Damage potential means little when farming. We're rocking a Taru sash, after all.

I disagree with any sort of nerf to BLU for the same reason I disagreed with the one to BST. It is simply not deserved.
    (4)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We give up so much for the TH spells and the additions from the sash. We give up 12 set points, for Amorphic spikes which is weaker than quad continuum which is set for DW, charged whisker which unless you're in aby is rubbish, and everyone's grudge which sucks for farming. Then we also give up one of our highest haste pieces aswell as whatever other benefits are on it. For TH. Blu sacrifices all that for TH2 and you're suggesting that extra TH should just be THROWN back onto bst for no cost to them cause it's unfair that BST only gets TH1 naturally?

I'd say that's still under /Thf seeing as we give up quite a bit more for sash and spells version than we do for simply subbing thf
    (2)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 09-16-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    well my counter is more to the fact he says there is not a balance, which i say he is wrong
    Bst = extremely safe farming (gotta get swarmed by like 3-5 dc's before your pet is even remotely in danger)
    blu = highest single drop potential (kill speed + th2)
    thf = safe farming(massive evasion) + best per mob drops(th7 tho slow kill rate)
    Dnc = safe farming(less than thf but still really high evasion)+ can easily lock subjob and farm white procs to beat even a lucky blu on overall currency a run
    nin = ok fine nins have a right to be upset with the balance job ability spam hurts there main advantage of massive dw and i think because of evasion job traits actually have lower evasion than a dnc out the door
    pup = actually i hear farm currency rather well no personal experience but if any job should get pet th it would be them, there pets are considerably more....... mortal than bst pets >.>;
    (1)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Kind of hilarious for a few reasons. Namely, you're not comparing the strengths/differences of the jobs or their methods of acquiring Treasure Hunter.

-I have to give up a large amount, nearly 1/3, of my blue magic set points on mostly worthless spells just to gain TH1.

-I cannot simply walk into Falcdor. That is, I can't just summon my friendly neighborhood hippogryph, who has treasure hunter, sic it into a pack of 2000 DC mobs, and throw biscuits at him now and again. No. I have to take a measured approach to combat and pull carefully, because despite having a large amount of sleeps and stuns enough DC mobs will be capable of overwhelming me. This is, imo, BST's biggest strength, it's easy to get into and survive on comparative to other jobs. Cost:Reward or Effort:Reward, whichever you want to look at as the most deciding factor in a situation like this, BLU certainly pays for the extra tier of TH.

-Would I be opposed to BST getting an item similar to Taru sash? No. Just make it as difficult to get, at least. While AoE burning or just regular Gold Box farming in Abyssea - La Theine may not sound all that daunting, tell that to those of us such as myself who spent at least a cumulative 72 hours getting ours.

-Including the words "overpowered" and "imbalanced" in this setting is kinda funny, just wanted to say that before I wrap this up. I'd also suggest you direct your hate mail more toward WHM, who can get TH3 by subbing THF and wearing Tarutaru sash for minimal to no losses to their effectiveness when farming Dynamis.
    (9)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    What you give up for that th is not at issue. What is is the fact that blue mage can reach th2 without subbing /thf. That was the major butthurt the entire community had about bst.

Plus, if you have an almace, which most blu's do, you barely use any spells farming dynamis with the exception of sudden lunge and dream flower.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    What you give up for that th is not at issue. What is is the fact that blue mage can reach th2 without subbing /thf. That was the major butthurt the entire community had about bst.

Plus, if you have an almace, which most blu's do, you barely use any spells farming dynamis with the exception of sudden lunge and dream flower.
    It's quite obvious you've never played Blu, you don't just set spells for the spells you set them for the traits and 12 points is a lot of space to take up out of our traits, frankly in a situation where it's ok to set TH and use the sash it would be just as safe and easy to use /Thf and the sash for TH3

And yes, what we give up has everything to do with it the reason bst got gimped was cause it was reaching th2 and 3 without giving up anything and didn't even have to /Thf. Blu has to give up stuff to the point where /Thf is just more effective
    (6)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 09-17-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast