Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Why do you guys even reply on a post a BST is posting?
    We all know that BST is SEs new SAM and if they don't get what they want they just cry.
    In my opinion - pets doesn't deserve to get any jobtrait. That's OP cause BST is the only petjob who's pet got jobtraits by default.

End of story.

BST is still OP as it is right now.
    BLU had/has to work for a better TH than TH1
    So there is no need to pamper any job for a noreason.

If you have to relie on TH you should go THF.

BST got popular the moment SE introduced pets with TH.
    A matter of fact, I don't know a single 24/7-BST that was unhappy before they introduced this crap.
    I also didn't knew a single BST who was poor cause of the lack of TH.
    So the question is, why do BST cry for a better TH and who are those who cry.
    Obviously those who jumped on the wagon when this job became the cashmachine.
    Even a Perle-BST can outperform a mediorce/well equiped/played BLU with literaly no risk.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ihnako; 09-21-2012 at 04:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Without trying to sound like I necessarily support the OP are people seriously arguing that wearing Tarutaru sash for one swing is an actual inconvenience?

Like, really?
    (6)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    Why do you guys even reply on a post a BST is posting?
    We all know that BST is SEs new SAM and if they don't get what they want they just cry.
    In my opinion - pets doesn't deserve to get any jobtrait. That's OP cause BST is the only petjob who's pet got jobtraits by default.

End of story.

BST is still OP as it is right now.
    BLU had/has to work for a better TH than TH1
    So there is no need to pamper any job for a noreason.

If you have to relie on TH you should go THF.

BST got popular the moment SE introduced pets with TH.
    A matter of fact, I don't know a single 24/7-BST that was unhappy before they introduced this crap.
    I also didn't knew a single BST who was poor cause of the lack of TH.
    So the question is, why do BST cry for a better TH and who are those who cry.
    Obviously those who jumped on the wagon when this job became the cashmachine.
    Even a Perle-BST can outperform a mediorce/well equiped/played BLU with literaly no risk.
    lol, deluded is as deluded does.

Seriously, being able to destroy level 75 content or Abyssea at level 99 is NOT over-powered.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 09-21-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    ABORT THREAD, MAL! ABORT THREAD, GODDAMN IT!

*ahem* Malthar's post does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the KrazyTrain LS on Leviathan. >.>;;;
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    So this pet:treasure hunter gear the OP wants will work for all pet jobs right? Because I think its unfair my SMN only has TH1 if I use taru sash.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaking View Post
    well afania as i said (in a kinda round about way) when you normally agro that many beastmen odds are rather high there is a brd blm or rdm in the group only takes a sleepaga stun diaga or posinaga, to ruin your day on blu, tho you are right dreamflower seems to have a decent (ok fine a better than decent chance) chance to resist being interrupted from dmg.
    When you aggro BLM RDM etc and they pwn you with stun/sleepga and so on, pure evasion job like DNC isn't more safe than BLU either, you can't evade a nuke or stun, at least you can shadow absorb and stun/sleep it on BLU.

DNC is not more safe than BLU for dealing with mass aggro in any way, end of story. THF is only safe with flee/hide up and gtfo, if you're not flee/hiding it's on the same boat.

When you do magic proc with low MP cost spells, MP isn't an issue. Foot Kick only cost 5 MP, you can get 6~7MP per tic, you should never run out of MP spamming it all day. However, it's still less efficient than JA proc so you shouldn't try magic proc anyways. If you only spam cheap NIN spells like ice, good luck with recast.

I think before you made a comment about something like DNC is better than BLU at dealing with mass aggro and safe in dyna, or NIN is efficient with magic proc farming, you should try it yourself first.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 09-21-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    well per min you would have about 37 mana extra to play with, if your at 7 mp a tic(after other cost already mentioned), question is what you are adding after battery charge (+3) af3+2 (+2) auto refresh(+1), only choices i can think of are are serpentine gloves and boots for (+1)[i pray your not using this choice] or refresh hairpin for (+1) and maybe signet when it has that vampi blood enhancement

also on thf you can survive sleepaga tho stun i already said probably meant you died, also you dont need flee to survive just enough space for movement gear to get you home free, and before you say it, i have survived links like that on thf before, i figure with 12% movment boots dnc gets and once a little distance chocho jig should get them away nicely tho never used dnc in dynamis so i cant say for sure.

and if you went back and even looked further back in are conversation i even said "IF se made magic proc rate = to jobablity proc rate" as is its something like 5% vrs 20%(or is it 15% and weaponskills 20)

na actually you pulled the conversation into mass aggro originally i said it was a safe job to farm on for white procs, high evasion no need for sub for cures or procs, but i like a good debate so i went with it, tho the back and forth is partially my fault as well seance i dint correct it to to just be referring to individual mobs and single nms when i said farming
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    So this pet:treasure hunter gear the OP wants will work for all pet jobs right? Because I think its unfair my SMN only has TH1 if I use taru sash.
    Surely you would still only have TH if it was Pet: Treasure Hunter +1
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yea, pet TH+1 + sash = TH2 same as what blu has with trait and sash, same as what bst would have with pet trait and pet TH gear.

Besides, i wasnt actually being serious, its just the way OP was talking about pet TH gear made it sound like they wanted it BST only, like bst is the only job that has a pet.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaking View Post
    well per min you would have about 37 mana extra to play with, if your at 7 mp a tic(after other cost already mentioned), question is what you are adding after battery charge (+3) af3+2 (+2) auto refresh(+1), only choices i can think of are are serpentine gloves and boots for (+1)[i pray your not using this choice] or refresh hairpin for (+1) and maybe signet when it has that vampi blood enhancement

also on thf you can survive sleepaga tho stun i already said probably meant you died, also you dont need flee to survive just enough space for movement gear to get you home free, and before you say it, i have survived links like that on thf before, i figure with 12% movment boots dnc gets and once a little distance chocho jig should get them away nicely tho never used dnc in dynamis so i cant say for sure.

If THF can deaggro mobs with just movement speed+12% but didn't flee/hide, then so can BLU with movement speed+12% and shadows up. I still don't see how pure super high evasion is safer than access to AoE sleep.

Also it's commonly believed that white proc isn't worth going unless you have access to TH somehow. So we should stop talking about white proc already >.>

As for the refresh, it's usually +6, but you can reach 7+ if you really, really need MP, or when you not in TP mode. You can cap haste with serpentes if you happened to need that extra refresh, although your TP DPS will drop a bit, but I don't find TP DPS important all the time especially when mob is 30% or lower HP, and certain mob like bird/rabbit just drop HP really fast regardless what I TP in, and in the range of 1 spell will end it's HP already.

Oce head(+1)(6% or 7%) AF3+2 body(3%) Twilight belt (7%) Haste 3% hands Thaumas legs (6%) serpentes feet, that's 25%~26% haste with 7 tick refresh. If mobs are almost dead, like 10% left, it totally won't make a difference in terms of killing speed by using serpentes. Majority of the EP mobs I have to turn around before it even proc anyways. I rarely have MP issue anyways, so most of the time I just keep 6tick refresh. But even if I switch to 7 tick, mob still often hit 5% and I have to turn before it proc regardless.
    (0)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast