Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I do play blu and your argument is invalid. You don't have to have all the traits if you're going to do something as simple as farm dynamis. And as for bst not giving up anything, that argument is also invalid. You give up your choice of pets if you want TH and must stick with the ones that have TH.
    (1)

Yes, you must give up your choice of nigh unkillable pets (if you know what your doing). while blus must give up 12 valuable set points just to ACTIVATE th1 and then give up our highest haste slot of equipment for th2. by my count a Blue mage is giving up 2 very important things to your one trivial at best pet selection. Lets not forget that this pet needs to have atleast 4 Dc mobs on it to be in any danger what so ever. Hell, even with almace we cant take on more then 3 Dc mobs at a time if we want to be anywhere near efficient. How can you even call yourself a blu if you think those 12 pts ALONE are not important?

So once again are you trolling? because like...... wow if you are'nt
    (3)
    Last edited by selond; 09-17-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: spellcheck

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Still irrelevant. Blue's having access to th2 without subbing /thf does not fit SE's hierarchy.

SE stated that the hierarchy for treasure hunter is as follows:

Thief
    Ranger
    Thief job support
    Other jobs
    (4)

so lemme get this straight..... because SE posted a hierarchy of who gets higher levels of TH NATURALLY with no gear on that enhances said effect, Blue mages TH1 should be nerfed because bsts pet that had a rather hight level of th was nerfed right? that list should probably look more like this anyway :

Thief at Number one.
    Ranger at number two.
    ANY job Subbing thief at number three.
    Blue mage When TH is set at number four (and so ends the list of jobs that get it naturally)
    ANY JOB wearing a tarutaru sash at the VERY END OF THE hierarchy.

To be honest your complaint sounds more like butthurt that bst cant get a higher level of TH on there PET. my suggestion...... GET OVER IT
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    First of all, I SPECIFICALLY said not to nerf blue mage. Instead, I suggested adding gear that gives pet treasure hunter +1.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    First of all, I SPECIFICALLY said not to nerf blue mage. Instead, I suggested adding gear that gives pet treasure hunter +1.
    You really are going the wrong way about it then... most of your argument so far has sounded pro-BLU TH nerf. Hell.. the topic title alone is screaming PLEASE NERF BLU TH
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Let me repost the message for you because obviously you failed reading comprehension.

Blue mage treasure hunter trait is too overpowered
    Ok, ok, before the flames start burning my behind hear my argument.

SE stated that the hierarchy for treasure hunter is as follows:

Thief
    Ranger
    Thief job support
    Other jobs

From what I can tell blue mage falls in the other jobs category. Blue mage can attain TH2 from the augmented tarutaru sash and the treasure hunter job trait by setting the correct spells.

Beastmaster also falls in the other jobs category. I'm assuming that's the official reasoning for reducing th from Falcorr and Yuley from TH3 to TH1.

Now, why is blue mage special to get TH2? If blue mage can attain TH2 from gear and job traits then beastmaster should be able to also attain TH2 through the thief pet and gear.

Now here's a proposed solution. Either take blue mage off the tarutaru sash or introduce a new piece of gear that gives pet treasure hunter +1. I'm not one for gimping one job to elevate another, so my preferred solution is to introduce a new piece of gear offering pet: treasure hunter +1.

It's the only way to be sure.
    The bolded statement says it all.
    (1)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    You really are going the wrong way about it then... most of your argument so far has sounded pro-BLU TH nerf. Hell.. the topic title alone is screaming PLEASE NERF BLU TH
    It is funny he comes to the Blu forum posting Blu TH is too overpowered (is he expecting us to cheer, like and support this view?) which is quite clearly a hint in the direction of nerf Blu, then claims he is actually looking for support for pet: TH gear. If you're looking to support pet TH gear THEN GO TO THE PET TH GEAR THREAD AND SUPPORT IT! Don't come
    to a Blu forum asking for Blu nerfs....
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It is concerning both, but more precisely that blue mage can reach th2 without subbing /th while no other job can.

I know that you're trying to protect your job, just like beastmasters tried to protect their job, but according to SE it wasn't balanced and blue mage being the only job to reach th2 without subbing /th is also unbalanced and goes against SE's proclamation of treasure hunter order.

If Arcon were fair and just he would support this topic, because according to him TH is very powerful, but he has yet to chime in.
    (2)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ok I'll tell you what's so special about BLU that lets it get TH but after you have to tell me what's so special about BST that makes it deserve it? Cause I think they are lucky to have it at all.

A major part of Blu since day one is the fact that it mimics other jobs through its selection of spells traits and gear. Having TH upgrade from gilfinder is BLU's way of being a mini Thf, same way having DA is its way of mimicking a war, having counter is its way of mimicking a mnk having nukes is its way of mimicking a Mage ect.

As for bst, classically know as a tanking or dding pet job based on setup, the pets that get TH being a ladybug and a hyppogryph. Ladybug's... A bug. No claim to TH there. A hyppogryph, classically known as a steed to a knight or sorcerer, no claim to TH there. What makes you think bst has as much of a claim to TH as a job designed to mimic other jobs?
    (2)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast