Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Kill Blue Mage Cooldown.......

Thought about cutting down spells for voidwatch.....I don't think so. Thought about blue macro set....nah. Why not just kill the cooldown all together just for the sake of it to make spell management much easier so when into battle u can switch it on the fly and no penalties. Do u think it's a good idea or it has already been thought of?
    (6)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    This is a perfect example of a way to overpower a job.
    (7)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 09-16-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If they made it so you could switch in and out on the fly, they would more than likely nerf the Stat/job trait gains from set spells, to Balance the ease of switching them out
    (1)

Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hmm, thought about that. I don't think they'll remove the job traits but will reduce the stats of the spells. Do u think that the stats attribute really that important? I mean u get a lil boost but isn't the equipment gear more important or more benefit to strengthen the spells?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmond View Post
    Hmm, thought about that. I don't think they'll remove the job traits but will reduce the stats of the spells. Do u think that the stats attribute really that important? I mean u get a lil boost but isn't the equipment gear more important or more benefit to strengthen the spells?
    No, but the traits are.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Cut it down to 30 seconds at least or only remove the cooldown in Voidwatch somehow. But voidwatch is stupid on BLU, I'd rather Blue Mage not have a place in Voidwatch via no procs then to go on it now.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The problem is mainly in voidwatch as lets just fix voidwatch. Make it one to two spells per element and call it a day, better then trying to mess with a job that is already bad a$$ and amazing.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You and I both know that if SE removed our 1 minute lockout, they would weaken our spells effects, stats and traits into oblivion. I don't want that. It's not worth it and to be honest, I don't know why so many people offer that as a suggestion. The proc problem for BLU is a voidwatch problem. SE just needs to reduce BLU procs to one spell per element, much like what they did for BLU in Abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    ]Here's how I see it, keep in mind I'm one of those guys when it comes to Blu, so bear with me... Blu is the buffet of goodness that is the bar in ffxi, Rdms spite them for their gear, Blm does for their aoe's, whms do because they aoe ss, etc... Dds do well cuz Blu can stomp on their toes (sc's, mb on their own)... It's a very balanced job.... I "was" very much a Blu hater... I party with one of our servers better blus, and he maximizes that job so much.... A one man army if you will, .... But after hating on it so much, and learning a lot about it, it is ....balanced (if anything is in this game Blu is the bar). ....... It's perfect the way it is, and for some reason that really gets under the Blm in mes skin. But have winced learned to appreciate the blus and well, ..... Yeah still hate on yall a little, no adjustment needed.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    The proc problem for BLU is a voidwatch problem. SE just needs to reduce BLU procs to one spell per element, much like what they did for BLU in Abyssea.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

BLU is only invited to VW for procs (on the whole). Remove the procs and you remove the BLU. If a BLU can do VW while only setting 8 spells, instead of 2 BLUs setting all of them as they do now, VW will only require 1 BLU (and some ppl will be happy to lose BLU for only 8 procs). So instead of a 1 in 9 chance of getting to do VW on BLU as a proc only job, you have a 1 in 18 chance of being a proc and mediocre DD. You still won't be in a pt with a BRD or COR, and lose 8 slots so you can't set all the spells/traits you'd like.

If I'm wrong, BLUs will be invited to VW in the DD slots already once the 2 proc blus have been found. But I've never seen them invited to DD only. Have you?
    (2)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast