Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Ok let me get these 3 things straight.

1.) Opening up the ability to merit more WSs, somehow makes this game more "easy" so someone has to come in and tell me rather than merit the WSs I want to, I must merit the good ones for the jobs actually used the most in endgame. My reply to this idea is, what the hell? If you plan to play DRK SAM or DRG in anything endgame you must, must, 5/5 them. What this means, is you can never merit dagger, sword, gun, archery, axe, or any others.

2.) What does Abyssea have to do with this? The fact you can play many jobs should be a good thing, you can find a job your actually good at easier. If you think its impossible to be good at many jobs I can assure you, your wrong. I main RDM, I do alot as RDM, but doesn't mean I'm bad at other jobs, I play a decent WHM, I play a good PLD even without a Relic/Emp shield, my DRK normally does great damage, and I have other jobs I simply suck at, and play for fun, I am not a good BST, SMN, or PUP, I suck when it comes to controlling pets. I can level those jobs, but I would never go to a party on them unless I took the time to get better at them. I also suck as a BLU, which is why I only use it for procs in Abyssea & VW. The point of all this being, you can play more than 1 job and be good, without Abyssea I wouldn't be able to, so saying that is a reason we shouldn't be able to do this makes little sense.

3.)
    For exemple nowadays because a main mage/buffer/DD will get luck and drop a Mekira Meikogai and some more decent tank stuff, he will think if he level PLD to 99 on 3 days this will made him a good Tank.
    In old FFXI we was able to give the stuff to the player that deserved it,
    well nowadays thanks VW to make the "stuff distribution" only luck based...
    As of right now everyone hates the VW drop method and rates. To bring this up as if its something players want or something seems stupid, people hate this, terribly, and want it changed, SE does nothing about it though which is what we have as a problem. The fact the wrong people get a Mekira body does suck, but its not like we want this to happen, and their fix was nothing short of a failure of an attempt. I will however argue 1 thing, VW gear is not all to big of a step up from Abyssea gear in most cases, and despite your bitter hate of Abyssea, it easily gives you rewards without relying on luck. So even if you can not get the VW gear, you have Abyssea gear you can use, and can obtain.

In either case all of these are off topic it seems. This thread is about giving more meritable WSs, nothing more, so lets stay on that topic rather than turning this into another war about the games "ease" or whatever else.
    (4)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    OP is at 90 likes now, wonder if the devs will say anything.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritreaver View Post
    OP is at 90 likes now, wonder if the devs will say anything.
    They never do.
    (2)

Player
    Because they already answered this question, not that we should give up. They are wrong and they know it.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It always was, due to the higher player skill cap in that game relative to FF11. With significantly lower network latencies and more responsive servers, fights could rely a lot more on precise timing and battlefield positioning than it would be realisitc to rely on in FF11. Most of FF11-hard is just pure time consumption and lack of the right gear, not real difficulty.
    I don't even necessarily mean more hardcore in terms of player input/reflexes/traditional difficulty (about which you're absolutely right). I mean WoW, at Cataclysm launch, expected more of a time and will investment of players, both as individuals and as groups, than FFXI did at the same time (which was right around Heroes of Abyssea release). It was both more difficult and more "hardcore" (as distinct from difficult) than FFXI.

But that's neither here nor there because regardless of how FFXI proceeds, we're unlikely to see that level of demand from WoW ever again.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    Because they already answered this question, not that we should give up. They are wrong and they know it.
    They answered before the new guy in charge, he may not be so... not smart, about things.
    (0)

Player
    I'm aware, however still stating they had previously given us an answer, and that we shouldn't give up just because they said no.

Their reasoning as to why they can not expand this category or even as to why its limited at all is F@#$% BS and they know it.
    (2)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    There is only one reason I can think of why they would limit how many weapon skills we can merit: so they can give us more in the future.
    (0)

Player
    You would think they would give us more things to merit for more of a time sink.
    (1)

Player
    Naw their whole deal is you'll sink more time by unmeriting and remeriting to customize yourself as the situation dictates... which would be fine and dandy if it didnt require 4 return trips of capped exp to do so.
    (1)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast