Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Please increase number of meritable weaponskills!

With the need for people to be flexible in the jobs they are asked to come, it has become a real problem when it comes to meriting weaponskills. Three is simply not enough. Can I ask that you please increase number of meritable weaponskills from three to five?

I don't believe that five would be overpowered, but would allow a little more flexibility for those who play multiple jobs.
    (110)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yes Please.

3 is WAY too limiting especially when most are must haves for their job.
    (9)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Liked, agreed, PLEASE let us merit (as in fully merit, otherwise it's pointless) 2 more weaponskills.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    20 jobs, 3 merited weaponskills. Fix it!
    (11)

5. 09-16-2012 06:46 AM

Character
    Hinote
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree with Mayoyama, 5 would be perfect. Cover all your bases without being overpowered.
    (6)

Player
    How is having all the ws merited overpowered you can only equip one main hand weapon at a time and therefore only access one at a time.

Most jobs will stay to the one weapon skill that is best suited for it not to mention the fact that there is only one meritable WS per weapon type.

In either case increase them makes no sense to put artificial limitations on a character in the name of snowflake status.
    (9)
    Last edited by Nala; 09-16-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    How is having all the ws merited overpowered you can only equip one main hand weapon at a time and therefore only access one at a time.
    This.

I never understood the reasoning behind this and limiting weapon/magic skill merits. You can really only benefit from skills native to the job you happen to be playing, so how would anyone who has all their skills merited be overpowered? With more and more people running out of things to merit, the devs really need to look into revamping the merit system and eliminate many of these arbitrary caps.
    (16)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

I agree that 3 is too few. 5-6 would be a lot more sensible. Either that, or rework how much stat modifiers you get per level, so that you can get one to just level 4 and it'll still be good enough to be worth using.

Example: 1/5 gives you a 50% str mod, 2/5 80% str, 3/5 90%, 4/5 96% and 5/5 100% str.

Changing it to this, then also giving us a total of 5 more points to put in WSes would be a pretty good improvement, instead of how it is now, where it is either 5/5 or 0/5, nothing in between is worth getting.

I could personally see myself going 4/5 or 3/5 on some of the WSes if things were like this, and only take some of them to 5/5 for that last 4% stat mod boost.
    (4)
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-16-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes please.

There are plenty of WS's I'd like to use and play around with that I'm otherwise prevented from doing.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post
    This.

I never understood the reasoning behind this and limiting weapon/magic skill merits. You can really only benefit from skills native to the job you happen to be playing, so how would anyone who has all their skills merited be overpowered? With more and more people running out of things to merit, the devs really need to look into revamping the merit system and eliminate many of these arbitrary caps.
    Removing all caps from merits creates a finite need for meriting which is bad. The caps create a need to re-merit depending on what flavor job you are enjoying at the time. That is the only explanation. Magic and Combat skills are fine with their current cap because you can store enough merits to swap them around on a whim. Job merits people don't usually change but if you need to do something like cap a specific Merit BP for some mob you will be fighting that is weak to a certain element it only requires 22 merits. So, the caps aren't arbitrary, they create a sustainable system.

With WSs swapping on a whim is simply impossible. It takes a full night of meriting to cap one and too many jobs are dependent on the new WSs to be viable for high tier content. If you wanna play SAM you NEED Shoha. If you are serious about WAR you need Resolution or Upheaval capped for MS zergs even if you have access to Ukko's. If you are a DRG without Ryunohige you NEED Stardiver. Ruinator puts Rampage to shame. Exenterator is a must for THF and DNC. DRKs need either Entropy or Resolution capped or even both. Anyway. My point is most of these WSs are make or break when it comes to being able to use a job in high end content and while I understand the cap and realize it serves a purpose.. 3 maxed WSs is one of the dumbest decisions the devs have ever made. 5 should be the bare minimum. 7 would be ideal. It could start at 5 and then there could be a mini-quest added that requires you to turn in 1000 merits to unlock an additional 5 merits in the WS category.

blah blah blah OP Liked.
    (12)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast