Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Esuna
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Afflatus Solace vs Afflatus Misery

Which do you find yourself using more often? I see a lot of White Mages keeping up Solace full time. I really like the MP efficiency (Cura) and Esuna bonuses of Misery, though.
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It's entirely situational.

If you're going to be taking damage - then you should use Misery and Cura if you're in range of the tanks. This is the Abyssea era, you should never be having MP problems to even contemplate MP efficiency being a factor.

The stoneskin effect from Solace is nice.

The only time I find myself using Misery is to cast a quick Esuna when we do some of the older events like Einherjar. It's nice on Tiamat for Cura too.

I guess I switch in and out; but I agree too many White Mages are lazy and just use Solace full time; but then most White Mages these days are bots.
    (0)

Player
    I full-time Solace myself... there's really not too many scenarios where I find Misery to be all that useful in comparison to Solace. Perhaps if the game changes enough I might finally bust it out which would be nice since I have an Ethereal Earring. I would imagine swapping that in and switching to Misery in situations where I'd want to use Cura would be fairly nice. I just don't know exactly when I'd want to do that.
    (0)

Solace if there is nothing to esuna, or if I shouldn't be in range of the mob. Misery otherwise.

Derp all over.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aaralyn; 03-08-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Honestly the only time I use Misery is if I need Esuna to take off more than just the standard debuffs. Solace's cure-skin combined with AF3 body is just too awesome to pass up~
    (0)

Player
    I full time solace!!
    (0)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I nearly full-time Solace.
    Misery hardly has any use outside of Esuna.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Sandy, though stationed in windy as a spy.
    I find myself using Solace almost fulltime myself, stoneskin and whatnot is nice, but when I was working on seals from Berstuk, I came to realize just how ungodly useful Sacrifice is with the multiple absorbs, beats casting erase like 5 times, and I think sacrifice can get rid of more status's then esuna can, although I've not played with misery much to really know for sure.
    (0)
    Last edited by PandyTwi; 03-08-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Character
    Wakmidget
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PandyTwi View Post
    I find myself using Solace almost fulltime myself, stoneskin and whatnot is nice, but when I was working on seals from Berstuk, I came to realize just how ungodly useful Sacrifice is with the multiple absorbs, beats casting erase like 5 times, and I think sacrifice can get rid of more status's then esuna can, although I've not played with misery much to really know for sure.
    Yeah, Esuna can remove a maximum of 2 debuffs from everyone in your PT within range when you have Misery up. Sacrifice removes up to 7 debuffs from 1 player with Solace up.
    (0)

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I find myself using Solace full time. Most of the time when I join a pick up for atmas or abyssea wins, they ask me to come WHM to help with healing.
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast