Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Misery can be useful in certain situations, on Tiamat and other wyrms for example where there's a lot of unavoidable 30' AoE I prefer just to stay close to the melees and stick to misery, using Cura and Cura II to heal after Wing or Blast moves.
    (0)

Full-time Solace, unless I need to use Misery/Cura spam via Misery. It's not like switching between them is a huge inconvenience or aynthing.
    (0)

:3 i use them both depending on the situation. if i'm in a besieged party i keep misery up for cura/esuna purposes. i've gotten some pretty high curas off.
    (0)

Character
    Nariae
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I use both. Mostly I use Afflatus Solace and will switch to Misery when I need to aoe stats removals and Divine Seal is down. The exception is in status-heavy fights such as flayers and some abyssea fights where I tend to full time Misery and move into aoe range, unless they have a crazy strong paralyze or a tendency to stun etc.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Full time solace, no cura because it's too weak.
    (0)

Character
    Ariane
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Full time solace, no cura because it's too weak.
    I respectfully beg to differ. These are some values from almost a year ago in Einherjar - before my current increased cure potency that push the numbers even higher etc.

Click below for picture:

Potentially 190+ HP returns to all 6 party members - without Divine Seal etc -and all for 30 MP each cast with low hate generation. When used in the right situation and in the right way, cura is impossible to gauge.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ariane; 03-11-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Inserted Picture and cure amount

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd full-time solace for pretty much everything (with a few minor exceptions) as more often than not I'm taking advantage of cureskins and enhanced barspells (rather than of a boosted holy). The boost to holy isn't enticing enough for me as I'd rather keep the 90 mp and spend it on 1 1/2 cure5's than on the chance at 700 damage...

I'd only really use misery (these days) for esuna, and under a handful of select (rare) situations (bats, flayers, chariots and ghosts come to mind) where I'd toggle into misery, cast esuna and toggle back. On a different note, I find more use out of cura when sleepga goes off (9 times out of 10, I'll be using sublimation, and the immunity to sleep is nice) because its cheap and relatively quick casting rather than via it's original intended purpose. Auspice's enhancement (via misery) is situationally useful, but it isn't worthwhile enough to warrant putting a whitemage up close and into the fray in my opinion.

As much as I'm a fan of front lining and using misery more often, it's just not worthwhile running the risk of getting silenced or para'd (arguably worse than silence)...
    (0)

Character
    Eldelphia
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You don't fulltime anything. Solace is on most of the time but there are lots of spammy mobs in Abyssea where you're taking small amounts of damage or AoE debuffs constantly. For example, Adumbla. Especially if you're helping to proc Blue.

Einherjar was also the most amazing use of Misery. It's far more efficient and to an extent quicker just to get hit with the debuffs yourself and remove them from everyone at once.

I don't like Cura most of the time because of the fact its centred on you but when you can use it, it's remarkably efficient. Solace of course for barspells.

I also like Misery for WHM melee. Not that its what I'm doing 90% of the time but in Campaign or on WHM/NIN I like it coupled with Auspice.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3