Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Classikal View Post
    Yeah, Esuna can remove a maximum of 2 debuffs from everyone in your PT within range when you have Misery up. Sacrifice removes up to 7 debuffs from 1 player with Solace up.
    If I remember right, though, they don't stack. So lets say you cast Sacrifice on one person, and then wait on cool down, and then cast it on another person while the same status effects are still on you from the first person. I don't think they get transferred, but I can't remember.

^Strike that.

"Sacrifice can absorb ailments already afflicting its caster, the ailment(s) will still be removed from the target, however, the caster's affliction will not change. "

But still.

If you're going to do that, may as well just use Misery and run in and Esuna, figuring it's safe, and then toss a few erases on other people if Esuna didn't get them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert_Lakshmi View Post
    I find myself using Solace full time. Most of the time when I join a pick up for atmas or abyssea wins, they ask me to come WHM to help with healing.
    Removing status effects is part of healing, no?
    (0)
    Last edited by Aaralyn; 03-08-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Character
    Hiroshiko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    As many people said before, it's very situational. I personally start out in Afflatus Solace since it provides the most benefits initially. Not only does it apply a Stoneskin effect to cures and increase Sacrifice's effect, but it also adds a bonus MDB to Barspells. However, when I know my group will be taking moderate AoE damage that won't kill me (Salvage gears come to mind), I usually switch to Afflatus Misery, and with enough haste gear I can keep everyone healthy with Cura II and Esuna when applicable. It really just depends on what my group is fighting, since debuffs like Paralyze love to proc when I'm trying to Esuna.
    (0)

Character
    Kizaza
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    I'm a full time Solace user. I sometimes will use MIsery if im in a solo or duo situation but since reacing 90 those very rare occasions.
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I use solacwe almost all the time except when i use Esuna.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I mostly use solace but for older events I will pop on misery if like my divine seal is down and I'm not wanting to hope that my /random aoeing of a na spell or erase is going to happen.
    (0)

Most times I am a Solace kind of guy, the cure-skin but also the boost to Holy as a Magic burst. Misery on the other hand for the Esuna and if in a confined area getting hit with AoE's from mobs. Banish III boost is not as great as I would expect it to be.
    (0)

Character
    Ariane
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As has been mentioned already, it is very situational. For events like Einherjar - with mobs like Bats and Leeches that do Attack Down moves to the melee, I generally use Misery and stay in close range so I can Esuna them. The low MP use and low hate generated by Curas when you are in this situation can come in handy too. Even in Abyssea, some situations like when fighting Amphitrite with melee jobs as your main DD, the ability to Esuna that Virulent Haze move and then Cura can prove useful depending on your party setup. The same applies to some situations like the Urganites Poison in Dynamis Buburimu too - it's not just the removal of the status effect, but the ability to do low hate/low MP AoE cures that can really shine.

For the most part though, other than in specific situations like those described above, Solace with it's Sacrifice, CureSkin and Bar-Spell bonuses is generally the more useful of the two.

Ultimately, in my opinion, any good White Mage will gauge what makes the most sense and swap them on the fly as needed.
    (0)

Character
    Nezea
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    With a one minute recast on these abilities there is no reason other than laziness not to use both. With that said, most of the time you should use Afflatus Solace for the added Stoneskin effect on your cures. You can switch into Afflatus Misery for the boost to Esuna whenever you need it (or for the accuracy bonus on Auspice if you're being lolmeleeWHM) and then switch back; it's typically very rare that you'll need to use these boosts more frequently than once per minute anyway. Subbing /SCH can be quite helpful in this regard, as using Accession can alleviate some of the need to utilize Esuna in conjunction Afflatus Misery. If you do find yourself in a situation where you need to spam Esuna more than once per minute, you can consider staying in Misery for as long as you feel is necessary, but otherwise go back to Solace except for in very specific situations, where the curing benefits of Misery may outweigh those of Solace.

Situations such as these do exist, although you'll rarely if ever find them in Abyssea. One example that comes to mind is the Battleclad Chariot in Zhayolm Remnants. Most people position themselves in such a way that everyone in the party is in range of Discoid, but also in range of Cura. Consequently, keeping Afflatus Misery up and using Cura II following Discoid is very powerful; you get a fully charged cure on your entire party at the expense of only 45 MP, which is incredibly valuable in a place like Salvage where MP is not so readily available. It should be noted that even a completely uncharged Cura II is just as strong as Curaga, and it costs 3/4 of the MP. The only drawback is that it is self-target only.

Finally, always use barspells in Afflatus Solace. It makes them much, much stronger - especially with the Orison Bliaud +2 - and I reiterate that with a recast of only one minute on these abilities, you should not hesitate to switch between them whenever one is more appropriate than the other for your next couple of spells.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nezea; 03-10-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Character
    Zidian
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Misery is pretty rare is abyssea, and therefore the game.
    (0)

Character
    Jamesruglia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I almost always use Afflatus Solace; generally if I'm taking damage on Whm, I didn't anticipate it and may just be toast anyway. Besides, I've found a particular liking to Cure-Cure-Cure-Cure-Holy.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast