Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Katun
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think adding FoV to ToAH areas would really help bring people back to those areas... they are kinda empty nowadays. :-/
    (0)

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    All they have to do to make this game more friendly for new players is EXPLAIN WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!

Food... explain what effects they have instead of this retarded, hidden effects, have to look it up online method of finding out the effects.
    If an item has an Additional Effect... wouldn't it be nice for the item itself to tell how to proc this effect?
    Synthesis materials too... I should be able to look at the finished product of an item (like a Pet Food Zeta), and see the Flour, Coeurl Meat, Distilled Water, Lizard Egg and Earth Crystal that it takes to make it (a level for crafting said item would be nice too, but not necessary)
    Knowing what spells or songs are available to a mage job you are leveling would be nice too. If i'm a brand new RDM (like I was 6 years ago), i'd love to see when I get Cure 2, Paralyze, whatever... without having to look it up online.

They designed this game for ps2 users, but made it so those poor ps2 users could never beat most missions and quests in this game with just a ps2 and skill. No idea what they were thinking (aside from the rape and plunder of our money).
    (1)

the concept in the old days were to rely on the in game help of your fellow players. At least that's what i remember most from beta testing the NA PS2 version. but that's my opinion, and now i'll sit on it.
    (0)

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    That's all good... but where would your friends get their info? Allakhazam or wiki! Point is, someone would have to be knee deep in a webpage, especially for those Promy Missions. Who out there can honestly say they knew what a mistmelt was and what it did to Oryou without help?
    (0)

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    I think the core of the problem is that, it is hard to form party below lv74 when people dun want you to join abyssea as DD or Magic user. While some get to sit in abyssea as box jocky, those who want to fight and kill monster to level up have hard time finding proper party. Most of the time certain role is missing to form a proper party.

Advanturing Fellow can sometime fill the empty spot. I know friends form party and use advanture fellow to fill the remaining party spot. But they have a limit on kill numbers. as a result they're gone when you just feel the fun is coming.

Since now there is exp boost outside abyssea, How about a mercenary for hire at out post? can reduce exp of ther person who hire the mercenary, and no limit in number of kills in the duration of hiring. Duration of hire can be specify upon hiring, 30min as unit.

If we can get mercenary, we can form party a tad bit easier. Can hire mercenary to fill the role of healer, attacker or shield.

Sorry, player still have to be the fisherman.
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I like the idea of FoV in WOTG areas, faster/easier way to get Allied Notes? <Yes, please.> (well its already easy but it would be a nice bonus, especially for those trying to rank up)
    (0)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    I restarted soon on Lakshmi and was levelling in gustaburg and they were still a couple people camping leaping lizzy hahah. the bastok town was pretty empty but I saw a few high levels running through.

I've not yet experienced the EXP past 10 in a good EXP pt, but when I duoed 1-10 we was only getting 180 EXP a kill, which dropped to like 100 a kill because mobs were just way to hard when you have no skill.

I dont think people realise how hard it is for new people sometime, a new person at level 10 and a long time player at level 10 have 2 completely different experiences.
    (0)

Character
    Bookong
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesaris View Post
    All they have to do to make this game more friendly for new players is EXPLAIN WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!

Food... explain what effects they have instead of this retarded, hidden effects, have to look it up online method of finding out the effects.
    If an item has an Additional Effect... wouldn't it be nice for the item itself to tell how to proc this effect?
    Synthesis materials too... I should be able to look at the finished product of an item (like a Pet Food Zeta), and see the Flour, Coeurl Meat, Distilled Water, Lizard Egg and Earth Crystal that it takes to make it (a level for crafting said item would be nice too, but not necessary)
    Knowing what spells or songs are available to a mage job you are leveling would be nice too. If i'm a brand new RDM (like I was 6 years ago), i'd love to see when I get Cure 2, Paralyze, whatever... without having to look it up online.
    I agree. It would be a much friendlier way of handling it. It would save alot of time, and only have me reading the wiki for an hour to plot out how i'm going to spend my day as for the synth list for the item-love it. and what better way to get the AH hopping again, while helping us more casual/new players get the value of why they should craft. (not to mention helping to fight how hard decent gil can be when you/the people you play with are starting)
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    I restarted soon on Lakshmi and was levelling in gustaburg and they were still a couple people camping leaping lizzy hahah. the bastok town was pretty empty but I saw a few high levels running through.

I've not yet experienced the EXP past 10 in a good EXP pt, but when I duoed 1-10 we was only getting 180 EXP a kill, which dropped to like 100 a kill because mobs were just way to hard when you have no skill.

I dont think people realise how hard it is for new people sometime, a new person at level 10 and a long time player at level 10 have 2 completely different experiences.
    Get selbina milk and/or regen from FoV manuals. Get some meat jerky. Get any decent weapon. that is all you need to slam 1~10 quite quickly and easily on any job. You don't need any armor. You can pretty much do the same thing up to 20 also. If its a terrible melee job, go for easy prey and rapid kill.
    Ofcourse its easier and quicker if you have a skilled up player and a support job, but on these lower levels it really doesn't matter. There are many players who have gone back and leveled a mule or another character. The knowledge makes a much bigger difference than the combat skills.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2