Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Obese
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

Improvements to the low level game

Leveling jobs in parties used to be actually quite fun back in the good old days. I've recently been trying to level some but now there are no parties apart from in qufim and it makes the whole proccess boring. The XP adjustments recently have been nice but it hasnt actually encouraged party play at low level. I know abyssea leeching is available but i would prefer to be pounding mobs and get the enjoyment of playing the job through various levels rather than just trading keys to chests.

I dont think the cap for abyssea should be adjusted as this offers a quick fix for those in a rush. However there can be adjustments made to encourage more party play at low level including non XP things, such as:

- In FOV, increase the xp reward for more members in the party.
    - Offer gil from FOV pages (this will also help new players starting out)
    - Put FOV pages in Aht Urghan areas for commonly used xp mobs, with imperial standing as a extra reward.
    - Put FOV pages in Past areas for commonly used xp mobs, with allied notes as a extra reward.
    - Give allied notes from XP mobs in the past
    - Add new Pages to existing manuals for relevant xp camps, such as one for mandies only in the jungles.
    - Add new items for BCNMs (like blm scrolls) with XP rewards for success.
    - MMM so you can go in more than once per day.
    (0)

Character
    Silvermane
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Further additions to FOV are unlikely pre-75 parties have had alot of help now what with the removal of FOV one page per day limit and a doubling of xp gained per mob. The only thing id like to see if an option to level to any level already achieved, for example you gather a party of level 60-70 people and want to fight Lesser Colibri leader can pick level 55 for the party without the need of a lv55 person and they can stay there for as long as they like, much like how BCNM level caps work
    (0)
    Last edited by Silvermane; 03-19-2011 at 03:53 AM.
    BLM99~BLU99~BST95~BRD90~DRK90~WHM91~RDM80~SMN99~SCH77

Silvermane of Leviathan, formerly of Bismarck and then Remora
    A THIRTEEN WARRIOR FOREVER!, WELCOME BACK BULLVY!

Character
    Elimari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 92
    As an old school player, I hate it when I am in a party, that is slaying mobs left right and center, to have to stop (sometimes in the middle of a exp chain) to say "Page refresh"

I think sometimes thats why they increased the exp gained from mobs? to make battleing the old school way, more efficient then needing a page all the time..

Yes the Tabs and stuff is great, however in a full party, you sometimes have to "drop sync" to allow a page refresh.

Edit portion
    The only thing id like to see if an option to level to any level already achieved, for example you gather a party of level 60-70 people and want to fight Lesser Colibri leader can pick level 55 for the party without the need of a lv55 person and they can stay there for as long as they like, much like how BCNM level caps work
    To be honest, for me, that will be like cheating, you could just go.. so which enemies did we prefer to fight, knowing now we know how to effectivly defeat them..

However, I think the Level sync is great, but, it should really only be used for "like levels" anyway.
    for example:

before level sync, I was in a party, I gained level 19, while the rest of the party was at 16, I got booted because I was taking all the exp and ruining the party, although I was only 2 - 3 levels higher.

Level sync will fix that, as I still fall within a nice range myself to be able to get skill ups, and the like, it will benifit me, to be level sync 16, so I can stay in the party, and being treated fair...

however having like a level 60 in a level 15 party, won't really benifit the level 60, no skill ups at all, however in their eyes.. free exp. But without skills what can you do.. Nuke like a level 30? sword like a level 20?

Level Sync is great, but only when used in the right way.
    (0)
    Last edited by DukeDudeston; 03-19-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Character
    Obese
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermane View Post
    Further additions to FOV are unlikely pre-75 parties have had alot of help now what with the removal of FOV one page per day limit and a doubling of xp gained per mob. The only thing id like to see if an option to level to any level already achieved, for example you gather a party of level 60-70 people and want to fight Lesser Colibri leader can pick level 55 for the party without the need of a lv55 person and they can stay there for as long as they like, much like how BCNM level caps work
    The idea is really to help preserve the low level game by making it more interesting for anyone to get involved in, not just help those jobs already at a higher level. I have Many jobs already at high level but recently leveling a new job has made me see what a nightmare it must be for new gamers. The problem is not level syncing or finding suitable camps, its actually getting a party started in the first place as not enough people are interested in the it anymore. If there are more incentives for older members to be in low level parties, newer members will feel more part of the game. Older players would also not be put off XPing if they wanted to level something new too.

These are the types of things that need to be looked at to preserve the length of the game and keep server populations up.
    (0)

Character
    Dauntless
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeDudeston View Post
    As an old school player, I hate it when I am in a party, that is slaying mobs left right and center, to have to stop (sometimes in the middle of a exp chain) to say "Page refresh"
    This really gets under my skin as well.
    (0)
    RIP Shadowix 75 DRG-WAR-DRK

Player
    I HATE it when ur chaining like mad or your killing really quickly and someone is like lets get a new page.. specially in some areas where the book is like KM's away by the time you've ran there got your page you could of already killed the said mobs+ more so pointless really in certain situations
    (0)

Character
    Atima
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Doing FoV in pts is so annoying. Everytime you get a good rhythm together people always wanna get a new page. Which slows down xp in the long run not speeds it up. Same as some dominion ops (if you're in a small pt).
    (0)

Well recently before the server shutdown i created my character (quit awhile back) and i noticed there was no one really around on the server idk if it was because half the population was Japanese or just the population is just bad lol...but i personally dont know about these abyss parties or how to leech off them, but i miss the old school ways of just finding a party with everyone withing 1-3 levels of you, and then level sync came out and made my life easier... anyway im still wondering about the abyss dunno where to start it or if there is a Linkshell in cerberus thats actually active lol...
    (0)

Kill Or Be Killed....

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous24 View Post
    Doing FoV in pts is so annoying. Everytime you get a good rhythm together people always wanna get a new page. Which slows down xp in the long run not speeds it up. Same as some dominion ops (if you're in a small pt).
    People do Dominion Ops mostly for the chance of a seal that it gives them. A potential seal every 5 enemies is good incentive in that case. If a book isn't near for FoV, I don't refresh the page so often, but we will go for the book every half hour or so for the refresh and regen effects.
    (0)

Character
    Noirin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    while FoV pages are fun when you are by yourself[new thing to me,havent played this game since pre WotG] i personally agree that they slow down overall party effectiveness,as half the time a few people will want to stop to constantly get new ones.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast