Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Random Deal Adjustments

Yarr,

I’d like to share some information about upcoming changes to corsair’s Random Deal ability.

Currently, Random Deal includes each and every ability into its chance factor in the case of abilities that are separated into multiple categories hierarchically, such as Phantom Roll. Due to this, the possibility of Phantom Roll being chosen greatly increases. With that said, we are planning to make changes so that Phantom Roll only counts as a single ability. (Similarly we will also be changing abilities such as Samba/Waltz, Jump, and other abilities that share recast timers.)

While this change won’t quite make it in time for the version update taking place at the end of September, the Development Team is working on the change and aiming to implement it during the following version update.
    (8)

Okipuit - Community Team

Does this mean you are planning to give all four jumps separate timers, and/or give us for example two independent waltz-timers? I am especially interested in the latter of those two.

I realize it might be way too early to expect precise information about these changes, but even a "something like that" would be very nice to hear!
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-14-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Character
    Koren
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Technically you can call this is a nerf for abilities that share the same timer.

The game views each ability separate (example: Curing Waltz I, II, III, IV and V, Divine Waltz I and II and Healing Waltz.) If you use Waltz V, all the Waltzes are set to a recast of 23 seconds. Random Deal will go through the list and try to reset Curing Waltz I, then Curing Waltz II and so on giving Waltzes 8 chances to reset vs something like Berserk which only gets the one chance. SE is planning to have all 8 Waltzes viewed as a single ability by Random Deal so it would only have the 1 chance to be reset like with Berserk.

Edit: Since Random Deal only resets a single ability timer this is useful for jobs like COR which may have Phantom Roll cooling down which would be about 28x the chance of being hit vs Quick Draw.
    (1)
    Last edited by Koren; 09-14-2012 at 04:32 AM.

But at the same time, if you're playing dnc without a cor with you, you might be able to do a Healing Waltz now, and then follow up with CW4 just one second later. That sounds really nice to me, but I guess it goes both ways.
    (2)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Not sure how this could be viewed as negative in any way if you know what random deal is generally used for.
    (2)

Character
    Milva
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    These days CORs are highly dependant on Phantom Roll recast timer in Legion. In that event every minute counts when you enter and it is not uncommon to do multiple COR rotations in an alliance (or even two alliances). In that setting starting and keeping 11 chain is almost impossible since you have pretty much only 1 shot at rolling for each party (busting or having to reroll wastes too much precious time). Imagine three CORs having to wait 60s to reroll each party in alliance - that's 10% of event time wasted by everyone just standing around and waiting for their buffs to be put up. And repeating this process several times..?
    Thus, in Legion, Random Deal having a high chance at restoring Phantom Roll is a highly beneficial thing. Same goes for restoring Summoner's Shock Squall timers or Scholar's Alacrity-Stun timers.

Phantom Roll recast with merits and gear can be brought down to 45s (or 15s if you get lucky with 11).

Essentially this change is aimed at putting more pressure on CORs, SCHs and SMNs in Legion. In any other event if you want to avoid Random Dealing your Phantom roll, you just wait half a minute and aim for that Fold/SnakeEye etc. Similarly, your SCHs not having Stun up and ready is not a big deal aside from Legion (and maaaaybeeee Provenance Watcher).

Legion is going to get interesting when Perfect Defence, Embrava and now Random Deal all get nerfed.
    (2)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Yarr,

I’d like to share some information about upcoming changes to corsair’s Random Deal ability.

Currently, Random Deal includes each and every ability into its chance factor in the case of abilities that are separated into multiple categories hierarchically, such as Phantom Roll. Due to this, the possibility of Phantom Roll being chosen greatly increases. With that said, we are planning to make changes so that Phantom Roll only counts as a single ability. (Similarly we will also be changing abilities such as Samba/Waltz, Jump, and other abilities that share recast timers.)

While this change won’t quite make it in time for the version update taking place at the end of September, the Development Team is working on the change and aiming to implement it during the following version update.
    So instead of Phantom Roll having 30-ish chances to be restored, it'll only have 1. I like this. It means more Folds, Snake Eyes, and Quick Draws.
    (1)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    (Similarly we will also be changing abilities such as Samba/Waltz, Jump, and other abilities that share recast timers.)
    Did SE just say they're going to make waltz timers separate?!
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    Did SE just say they're going to make waltz timers separate?!
    NO!
    they dont separate timer, RD only try to reset it once instead of once per waltze/samba
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Y'all have reading comprehension issues. They're not splitting waltz timers. In fact, they're kind of merging them even further.

I'm no COR expert, but let me show you an example of what's going on (we're going to assume the user has at least one merit into Loaded Deck.):
    A Dancer just used Curing Waltz V and is also waiting on the recast timers for No Foot Rise and Presto.
    A Corsair uses Random Deal.
    Now:
    Random Deal will choose one ability from this list to reset a timer:
    • Curing Waltz - Waltz Timer
    • Curing Waltz II - Waltz Timer
    • Curing Waltz III - Waltz Timer
    • Curing Waltz IV - Waltz Timer
    • Curing Waltz V - Waltz Timer
    • Healing Waltz - Waltz Timer
    • Divine Waltz - Waltz Timer
    • Divine Waltz II - Waltz Timer
    • Presto - Presto Timer
    • No Foot Rise - No Foot Rise Timer
    Out of a list of 10 entries, the Waltz timer will be reset by 8 out of 10 possible choices.

Here's how the proposed changes would make it work:
    Random Deal will choose one recast timer from this list to reset:
    • All Waltzes - Waltz Timer
    • Presto - Presto Timer
    • No Foot Rise - No Foot Rise Timer
    Out of a list of 3 entries, the Waltz timer will be reset by 1 out of 3 possible choices.
    (4)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast