Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    Not sure how this could be viewed as negative in any way if you know what random deal is generally used for.
    Generally used for PR reset in legion, duh.

Now have fun waiting for 45sec~1 min everytime your COR doing rebuff in legion, unless you're rebuffing mid-battle. That's quite a lot of time waste when you only have 30 min to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    So instead of Phantom Roll having 30-ish chances to be restored, it'll only have 1. I like this. It means more Folds, Snake Eyes, and Quick Draws.
    I don't see how resetting fold and quick draw has more benefit than resetting PR though, even snake eye is debatable, the difference of killing speed between unlucky DA roll and No.11 DA roll won't be 45 sec~1 min. And 45 sec~1 min is the difference between 1~2 NM killed in legion.
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I feel so...indifferent to this change. Call me again when you give us the Quick Draw update.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    So instead of Phantom Roll having 30-ish chances to be restored, it'll only have 1. I like this. It means more Folds, Snake Eyes, and Quick Draws.
    Also, it's pretty easy to reset fold/snake eye over PR if you want fold/snake eye reset instead of PR.....just wait until PR is up again and use random deal.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1

I am against this nerf :<

I know it's already been mentioned, but I can't help to post again, that I am strongly against this nerf, unless I misunderstand what dev tried to change, because if you do legion, not be able to reset PR with Random deal is against the design concept of the COR.

At this point of time, majority of legion group in NA community uses following setup:

DDx5 + A bunch of mages and SMN. DD x5 in one pt, get COR in to buff, get BRD in to buff, get SMN in to hastega and PD then zerg.

I know some ppl used different setup, but most of the groups I know of still use 5x DD setup.

Due to the limited time, the down time between Phantom roll makes a huge difference between how many NM you can kill, since majority of NM(barring some with high PDT-) will die in 30 sec~60 sec.

The lowest PR recast time obtainable is 45 sec, that means everytime when you spend 45 sec downtime to wait for PR recast, you're losing 1 extra NM kill and 1 extra drop chance because your ally can easily kill 1+ NM in 45 sec.

Although you can just roll 1st roll, disband, get BRD buff, BRD disband, invite COR again to do 2nd roll, but due to the lag in communication and ppl's reaction speed, you still gonna waste time between asking pt lead to send invite and ppl accept invite and it's not going to be faster than just do 2nd roll right away.

Thus ideally, kill the cool down time between phantom roll is COR's No.1 priority, over anything else.

That means while DDs killing the NM, you should be trying to get a No.10 or No.11 up by repeatly overwritting old rolls, and lock double-up status if it's No.10 so you can instantly buff your pt with a No.11 and do 2nd roll.(You can instantly do 2nd roll with double-up timer lock even if it's not a No.10 too)

Every legion NM dies in 30 sec~60 sec or even lower than 30 sec. COR as a ranged DD often only get to do 1~2 WS(at very best, 3 WS if you /SAM or fighting high PDT- mobs) on each NM before it dies.

That means about 4k~8k on each NM(assuming COR isn't buffed by BRD either), and your DD can deal way more than that in a few sec.

No matter how I see it, a COR not dealing dmg, but trying to lock double-up timer(especially if you can lock double-up on No.10) to kill cool down time, or keep overwritting old rolls to get a right number/No.11 is more beneficial than dealing dmg with DD roll up. Unless that NM is super dangerous like mantis that you just need it to die a few sec faster.

However, with current random deal design, as long as random deal is up(it's going to be up for at least twice a run, if you used 2hr you get more), you're free to have DD roll up and deal dmg, and still able to kill cool down time when you buff when random deal is up because you can almost always(I never fail resetting it) reset it with Random Deal.

COR's original design concept is to buff, then when you're not buffing you're dealing dmg. Majority of the COR gears are DD gear too, only a few are phantom roll gear(only luzaf, AF2 hat, AF3+2 set and ASA pants are)

However, by nerfing PR recast reset chance, you will see 1000 CORs all keep rolling/locking double-up in legion, and nobody is DDing, just because it's more efficient to kill cool down time over dealing dmg. Nerfing PR reset chance just basically telling everyone "don't DD, stay as a roll bitch".

I'm totally fine if being a roll bitch is what SE want, but seeing majority of the gears are DD gear, it often made me wonder why even bother to grind them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 10-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2