Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Chatlog readings for damage sources outside 30'

Some enemies use attacks that extend beyond the visiblity range of 30'. These attacks never show up in the log, but any damage or status effect does affect the player still.

Please make it possible to at least see those effects on the player itself. If I'm being hit by a 40' AoE Ochre Blast at 35', my only indication is a sudden loss of HP. At the very least any damage done to me should show up in my chat log, even if I cannot see party members in range being hit as well.
    (20)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    this is a realy good request
    (0)

Yes, indeed.

Perhaps it would be best to add chat-log-range settings to the config, so that each player could set it to what they like the best.
    (0)

Hello~

Thank you for the suggestion! We can certainly understand the functionality of this request but this is where we currently stand:

System wise, we can extend the range that chat logs receive information. The issue is that if we do widen that range, it will cause an increase in lag. We wouldn't want an unexpected decrease in frame rate especially during intense battles. We hope for your understanding.
    (5)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The most obvious question then is why continue to add NM attacks that can hit for 40+ yalms?
    (38)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Hello~

Thank you for the suggestion! We can certainly understand the functionality of this request but this is where we currently stand:

System wise, we can extend the range that chat logs receive information. The issue is that if we do widen that range, it will cause an increase in lag. We wouldn't want an unexpected decrease in frame rate especially during intense battles. We hope for your understanding.
    Can a change in range for enemy attacks be made so that this problem is avoided? Or can you add a function to adjust the range so that if players wish to see farther it is an option and they choose said option at their own risk?
    (8)

Player
    The issue is that if we do widen that range, it will cause an increase in lag. We wouldn't want an unexpected decrease in frame rate especially during intense battles. We hope for your understanding.
    Just adjust stuff on the server-end to extend the range on select abilities that hit folks at absurd ranges, rather than for everything.
    (7)

Hello~

And that's why the range should be adjustable client-side. Then people who have framerate issues could leave it at a setting where they can play normally.

-edit-
    Furthermore, I believe you are misunderstanding what it is we are asking for. We do not ask for the game to display battle animations past 30 yards away, only for our chatlog to display what is happening. I seriously doubt the extra lines of combat log from 30 yards away would affect the framerate of the game. If that was true, our framerate would drop if we were in a very active linkshell where people talked extremely much.

But in the case I am wrong about that, as I said, let players change it manually if they know they have a computer that can handle it. There really is nothing in your reply that makes it sound like increasing the range would cause an actual problem.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-13-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    The most obvious question then is why continue to add NM attacks that can hit for 40+ yalms?
    Not allowing mobs to hit from 40+ yalms away would also increase lag. Somehow.
    (4)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Any AoE range beyond 30 is kinda superfluous anyway. You already can't participate in the fight anymore unless of course you are there to heal mages and ranged attackers which is not exactly a prevalent strategy. Just make 30 the max range on any AoE for an easy peasy fix.
    (11)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast