Character
    Unluckysamurai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5

NEW PLAYER ON XBOX 360 I NEED HELP

IM lost and confused iv never played before im on 360 it would be nice if someone on 360 could add me so we can party chat!!!!
    (0)
    Xbox GT iiBAMB00ZLE
    FFXI ID Unluckysamurai

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I can't really directly help you since I'm not an Xbox player nor am I on Odin server.

-

However, I can give you a lot of advice, including Xbox specific advice based from extensive experience.

First order of business: Get a USB keyboard for your Xbox.

While voice chat is indeed a nice option (especially for endgame events), the majority of communication in FFXI is done via typing, especially when meeting new people.

You'll also want to verify that you have all the expansions.

Here is a list of all the expansions and their abbreviations.
    • Rise of the Zilart - RotZ, RoZ, ZM, Zilart
    • Chains of Promathia - CoP, Promy, PM
    • Treasures of Aht Urhgan - ToAU
    • A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - AMK
    • A Shantotto Ascension - ASA
    • A Crystalline Prophecy - ACP
    • Vision of Abyssea
    • Scars of Abyssea
    • Heroes of Abyssea
    • Seekers of Adoulin - SoA

When you log into the game, you'll see the icons for each expansion. They will either be lit up (meaning you have them) or grayed out. If any are grayed out, it means you'll have to start working on getting the others for the future.

One concern is having the disk based expansions. There are three disks involved here:
    • Original Xbox 360 disk with FFXI + CoP/RotZ/ToaU
    • Xbox 360 expansion disk with WotG.
    • Xbox 360 Ultimate Collection disk with FFXI + CoP/RotZ/ToaU/WotG

As you can see, you don't need a special disk for AMK, ASA, ACP, or any of the Abyssea expansions, since those were all downloaded content. But if you are missing the Wings of the Goddess expansion, you'll need to find a disk. This can be expensive and difficult.

When Seekers of Adoulin comes out, you'll have to get a disk for that as well. Hopefully SE releases that disk with all the expansions on it to make things easier for players.

If you don't have one or more of the expansions that are not on disk, you'll need to get an expansion code.

The cheapest and easiest way to get a code for an account that includes all the expansion packs and add-on content is to buy the Ultimate Collection - Abyssea Edition online. This will be for the PC. Many places sell it and will often have sales, such as directly from Square Enix's website, or from the popular distribution service Steam. The game with every expansion ever made costs $20 when not on sale and also comes with a code for a free hat.

You do not want to buy the game any other way - otherwise buying each expansion pack and add-on costs about $10 each, meaning you'd be paying somewhere to the tune of over $100 for what you can get for $20 or less, and you wouldn't get the hat. If you do get a working game code otherwise, buying the game and applying the game code to your account will unlock all the expansions for you as well, also making it the cheapest way to get codes.

Codes work dependently of platform, meaning that it doesn't matter if you've only ever played on the PC all the time, you could log into an Xbox with your PC account right now, or even a PS2. Keep in mind that when you log into an Xbox you have to link your account to a gamertag (which needs to be registered for the free version of Xbox Live in order to play), which will forever be linked, so if you want achievements from a particular account on a particular gamertag, be sure to link them wisely.

There are a few websites you'll want to be familiar with certain websites. FFXIAH is a great place to check prices on goods on your servers AH and in various bazaars. BGwiki is the best wiki for information, but if the information isn't on BGwiki you might want to check out FFXIclopedia as well for some legacy information.

There are a few guides you might want to check out as well:
    (0)