Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shinryu Advice

Shinryu Advice

I am very interested in blowing up Shinryu as BLM, i'm sure its possible, so I would like to hear some testimonials on solo-brewing with BLM
    (0)

super easy, and i mean super easy.... i have normal not super awesome gear, with atmas and my gear i can go in and use brew then Blizz 5 33k dmg > Fire 5 for 29-34k dmg then usually bliz 4 for 24-27k dmg and its over
    (0)
    That better?

wow! my gear isn't as good as it used to be thanks to the level cap increase. So let me get this straight, you just pop the brew (maybe manafont for interrupts) and nuke? i'm just afraid that, when the day comes, every nuke i shoot off will just heal him
    (0)

Then you might be better off, or safer, Using Cataclysm (Staff WS), It'll do Epic amounts of Damage, and you can time it so much easier.

Its actually much safer and reliable.
    (0)

Player
    Melee Shinryu as well, when you stop healing him with weak staff hits, feel free to nuke unless he starts casting or readying a weapon skill. Also, usually after the second nuke you may lock him into Protostar or Meteor spam, just be patient, and hope brew lasts long enough to nuke him for the third/kill spell.
    (0)

Character
    Nahal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    wait till he closes his wings before you brew, and tbh, if you have earth crusher and an earth staff, you can kill him with that easilly enough
    (0)
    Me ----> FF14, "I am dissapoint."
    BLM RDM BRD WHM BLU 90
    WAR DNC SCH NIN 50

Character
    Badtaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I would sub sch and use atma of apoc (if you have) so that you can get spells off as fast as possible to reduce chance of him doing something to absorb the dmg.
    (0)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I agree with Nahal, just wait until he closes his wings, then he never absorbs anything, or are you trying to solo? If solo just use staff weapon skills (earth crusher, cataclysm) and if he closes wings finish him off with spells.
    (0)

Character
    Peytonega
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ok kingofgeeks I don't know if you are still reading this but that fight is super easy. All you need are 3 atma, atma of the beyond (obtained off Tier III VNM in aby konchstat sp?), atma of the ultimate (obtained through gaining ultima title from limbus), and either atma of the full moon (windurst mission complete) or atma of the fetching footpad (quests and dom ops in aby altepa) I was averaging around 37~47k on a blizz V and you can easily 2 shot him. As stated earlier you do wanna make for sure he isn't doing anything. I would suggest casting a large spell just before he finishes casting his. Hope this helps!
    (0)
    Last edited by Peytonega; 03-21-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks for all of the advice. When the servers are back up i plan on shouting for the my last boss and last cat so i can fight shinryu. For the fight i plan on bribing someone to brew it for me and i'll brew it for them (seeing as though the win is all i care about). I was wondering about the fight: if i have 30 minutes to finish the fight, and i don't' care about procing, can i just sit there for around 25 minutes before engaging and wait for his wings to go down before i attack?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast