Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shinryu Advice

Character
    Nahal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    pretty much you wont need to do anything on blm, but really for your first fight i'd just wait till you see somone shouting that they're running it, not like its uncommon. the wings close after it uses gyre charge, oh and dont forget to buy and bring a doom screen, use that allong with your brew. and remember if you are double weakened you wont be able to do ANY magic damage, including magic WSs so your brew will be wasted, so stay back, keep SS and blink up, and run like hell if he draws in. also, brewing gives you 999 of all stats and 9999 HP/MP so stats on gear other than haste MAB, non statpoint stats, are worthless. you'll be amazed how much damage you actually do, and you are unkillable (except by death/doom) so dont worry too much, sub whm, hit it with earth crusher a couple of times, he'll be dead before your brew's half gone
    (0)
    Me ----> FF14, "I am dissapoint."
    BLM RDM BRD WHM BLU 90
    WAR DNC SCH NIN 50

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahal View Post
    remember if you are double weakened you wont be able to do ANY magic damage, including magic WSs so your brew will be wasted
    Are you a 100% on this, i havent done it as blm but as thf during a rani fight and blu on something i forget which i was 2x weakend and did dmg jus fine after brew.
    (0)

Character
    Nahal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    yeah he was prolly using physical WSs double weakness makes your MAB 0 meaning 0 magic damage, trust me, it happened to me on rdm :P since he's going BLM he would be pretty screwed
    (0)
    Me ----> FF14, "I am dissapoint."
    BLM RDM BRD WHM BLU 90
    WAR DNC SCH NIN 50

Player
    The reason people say to wait till his wings are down a tp move "Gyre Charge" is because all actions hedoes will make you heal him. Its not just his spells and his TP moves but also his mele hits. Although i have seen him killed by a BLM solo it still scaresthe hell out of me lol. A 8+ second cast that has to land between his mele hits is pretty crappy. If his wings are down you can freely hit him at any time. Honestly its much easier to use elemental WS's. I did it on RDM using Aelion edge very easily. But as before earth crusher will work also. No needto worry Brew also gives you like +50 regain so you can WS every 6 seconds~.
    (0)

Shinryu fight is an absolute joke on BLM or SCH, a tip for you though, when you pop a brew, your INT caps at 999, so if you have 99 base INT, it gives you +900 INT, so your best bet is to stick with MaB + gear only, and don't bother with Minikin, use Beyond(Gales on SCH), Hell's Guardian, and Ultimate. On SCH I killed him with a single Aero V on windsday with wind storm, and on BLM I killed it in 2 spells, Blizz V (ice day) and Blizz IV. Both kills I used Ascetic's Gambir (Not Tonic).
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    oh and dont forget to buy and bring a doom screen
    This is the most important thing. Apart from that it`s trivial. Even if you do manage to cure him with a spell, it`s not hard to get it right within 2 minutes.
    (0)

7. 03-25-2011 12:05 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2