Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Player scaevola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    726
    Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    One could just as easily argue people are "giving up" on many VWNMs because they are slowly but surely getting the actual rare drops they want and subsequently having an ever-decreasing number of targets worth spending stones/dust on. It was fear of this that probably gave rise to VW drop rates as we know them to begin with.

    If we've seen more Qilin shouts of late, it's because pouches are always going to be worth money.
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-05-2012 at 07:27 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

  2. #12
    Player Hashmalum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    201
    Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    One could just as easily argue people are "giving up" on many VWNMs because they are slowly but surely getting the actual rare drops they want and subsequently having an ever-decreasing number of targets worth spending stones/dust on. It was fear of this that probably gave rise to VW drop rates as we know them to begin with.

    If we've seen more Qilin shouts of late, it's because pouches are always going to be worth money.
    This possibility had occurred to me, yes. However, the recent announcement of Seekers of Adderall... Ritalin... whatever... and departure of Tanaka brought a number of players back to the game. I doubt they've all got all their Voidwatch rares already, but it is quite plausible they've either given up after dozens of attempts or looked at the testimonies of people who have 0/several hundred and gone "LOL, screw this".
    (1)

  3. #13
    Player Dantedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    77
    Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    A lot of people blame it on the drop rate, but if it were reversed and everything was quickly attainable, people wouldn't be doing them as much either due to already having all the pieces they wanted, for example Abyssea. This doesn't mean I support horrible drop rates, I'm just saying that after a time people will do the event less and less for one reason or another unless it has a reason for continued interest / profit such as currency.
    (2)

  4. #14
    Player scaevola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    726
    Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    This possibility had occurred to me, yes. However, the recent announcement of Seekers of Adderall... Ritalin... whatever... and departure of Tanaka brought a number of players back to the game. I doubt they've all got all their Voidwatch rares already, but it is quite plausible they've either given up after dozens of attempts or looked at the testimonies of people who have 0/several hundred and gone "LOL, screw this".
    I don't know, man. Leaving aside the issue of whether enough people came back (right now) to trigger a noticeable bump in event participation at all, and whether enough of those people were "done" with Abyssea so as to devote themselves fully to spamming VW, issues I doubt either of us have the numbers to answer, I wonder how many of them quit recently enough to have started accruing stones, as none of the SoA returners I know did so.

    Voidwatch is the most consistently-financially-rewarding event in the game outside of high-output Dynamis farming Random Player X is probably not going to be able to recreate; even if you never get a single noteworthy rare/ex in your life you'd be dumb to let your voidstones rot.

    Occam's Razor, man. Your position requires a lot of assumptions to make work; mine can rely on the simple statement that I got a Ganesha's Mala last night and thus will never go out of my way to fight Hahava ever again.
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-05-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

  5. #15
    Player Komori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    521
    Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thing is, all of the voidwatch monsters with the desired drops have a chance drop at least something for a type of magian weapon (empyrean and other physical magian). And the fact that they'd added pulse cells, I have seen some people who have all drops from a monster join specifically for a chance at cells since they're so rare but can be sold for great amounts of money if you manage to obtain them. I just got Mekira body earlier today, and I only play mage jobs for the most part, but later when we did Qilin, someone claimed to be 0/800+ and finally broke down and bought 5 cells.
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player scaevola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    726
    Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    And?

    The argument is that people will inevitably stop doing most VWNMs, not that they'll stop doing any of them.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

  7. #17
    Player Kysaiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    128
    Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    There's definitely been a lull in VW shouts of any kind lately on Siren, at least when bother to stand around jeuno for any give amount of time. It's kind of a bummer too since I never got any of the Ogier's set besides the body. Eventually all VW will go the way of WoE and be completely dead content. I can't say when that will be, but I'm sure it will be at the very least after the new expansion is out.

    As far as shouting yourself for crap, good luck. Sometimes my VW group will do some of the more unpopular VW fights and it will take hours to fill slots just because no one cares about it anymore. Horrible drop rates coupled with a lack of any "gil" drops means people just won't bother most of the time. Can't blame them. It's a waste of stones/dust.
    (5)

  8. #18
    Player Komori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    521
    Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    My point that I was trying to make was in reference to the person that said if they had a high drop rate instead then everyone would get them, no one would do the mob and that's not true. If there was more of a chance to get them then we might actually see a steady supply of cells going to market and maybe even a decrease in price so that others besides "elite" could buy them and get them item if they really really have bad luck.

    Abyssea might be dead for the most part, but it had so many great pieces of gear to be had, some that are even still being merced and sold. They should add all notable drops to the cell system and since there's no "pulse" in them, have them only need 1 cell to re-create and then people would have a reason to re-do other mobs for a chance of selling them.

    Or it would give people like me hope on some mobs, before yesterday when I finally got Mekira. I continously would get Phasmida Belts which one of my friends needed and got at least two-three more mekira trying to obtain it. It would have been much easier to sell him one of the belts and at least be happy that I could make a friend happy while still rolling my dice at the casino.
    (0)

  9. #19
    Player Cymmina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    45
    Character
    Cymmina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Shout's depend on 2 thing's. People who shout for them and people waiting for the shout's to join them. Once the people that shout get what they want they don't shout for them any more. So the ppl that want gear, sitting around waiting for those shout's to come are just out of luck.
    Guess what I'm saying is, become the shouter and not the guy waiting around.
    Oh yes, because there are tons of people milling around Jeuno chomping at the bit to go fight Akupara for the opportunity to watch watch someone else get a Deluxe Animator while your box is full of logs. If VW had the standard loot system, my LS would be doing it right now instead of having everyone do it with shout groups of questionable quality in their free time.

    Organizing a shout group is not an easy task, and you can't even reward yourself with one guaranteed item as payment for your efforts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantedmc View Post
    A lot of people blame it on the drop rate, but if it were reversed and everything was quickly attainable, people wouldn't be doing them as much either due to already having all the pieces they wanted, for example Abyssea. This doesn't mean I support horrible drop rates, I'm just saying that after a time people will do the event less and less for one reason or another unless it has a reason for continued interest / profit such as currency.
    And when people finally got their W.Legs or Homam legs, how many stuck with their crappy sky/Limbus shells? People stop doing stuff once they or their friends get what they want. That's reality and it has nothing to do with drop rate.
    (3)
    In the year that I was gone, SCH went from a job no one wanted to a job that gets to use their 2-hour and go sit in the corner. I guess that's progress?

  10. #20
    Player tyrantsyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Posts
    522
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    Oh yes, because there are tons of people milling around Jeuno chomping at the bit to go fight Akupara for the opportunity to watch watch someone else get a Deluxe Animator while your box is full of logs. If VW had the standard loot system, my LS would be doing it right now instead of having everyone do it with shout groups of questionable quality in their free time.

    Organizing a shout group is not an easy task, and you can't even reward yourself with one guaranteed item as payment for your efforts.
    Well you could always use void clusters and low man it. And I'm sure there's other's out there that would be more than happy to get a D.Animator. It might be a situation of making a static in order to get the job done.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    And when people finally got their W.Legs or Homam legs, how many stuck with their crappy sky/Limbus shells? People stop doing stuff once they or their friends get what they want. That's reality and it has nothing to do with drop rate.
    ppl on my server still do these event's for these item's all the time. And while you can low man the pop item's I'm pretty sure you won't have a hard time finding ppl that wouldn't mind going up and giving Kirin what fur just because.

    Also let me just add in that I also believe these drop rate's suck, and there is very little to drag most back out to fight's after the fact of getting the item's they desire. My server is okay on VW shout's. You see a lot of the normal's but you also see the oddball ones as well. If I was going to add a solution to the problem. I would just add VW drop's to other event's as time goes on. The Dev's have already said that if there's a drop off in VW participation they'd add HMP, cinder and dross in other area's so the supply would keep coming. Perhaps the same could be done for some of the more odd ball drop's ppl want but no one does.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast