Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Voidwatch rares--are people giving up?

On my server, I've been noticing fewer and fewer Voidwatch shouts for any monster except Qilin. There is however a mighty plague of Qilin shout groups upon the land, and I'm sure if I wanted to I could kill Qilin all day. Coincident with this trend, the price on heavy metal plates just keeps going down (to around 90k each at present). It seems that people are killing Qilin over and over simply to farm heavy metal plates, at the expense of killing anything else. I am guessing that Qilin is the victim of this because he is the easiest one of the heavy metal plate pouch dropping mobs to kill; Aello is a horrible shrieking bitch who strips you naked and takes a nasty bird crap on your ability timers, and while I have never gotten a chance to fight Uptala, he sure looks unpleasant.

Now, one of the criticisms that many players, including myself, made of the Empyrean level 95 trials is that once people got all their Voidwatch rares, the supply of plates would dry up, and Empyrean weapon holders would be stuck where would-be Mythic weapon holders are now. Could it be that we got it backward--that people have given up after going 0/several hundred, and now only do Voidwatch for the plates to make money? Or are my observations skewed, or my server atypical, or are people just that more desperate for Coruscanti and Fajin Boots than they are for anything else?

Because if I am correct, having most of Voidwatch nearly dead due to discouragement sure seems like a bad outcome. That's a lot of wasted content. It's certainly a bad thing if you were gone for 10 months and never got a chance to do most of this stuff. Should the drop rates be loosened up somewhat?
    (14)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Lately on Bismarck, Uptala, Aello, Ig-Alima, Pil, Kaggen and Qilin are all still reguarly done, (Akvan too but not as much as the others). I know that I do not join most of them like I used to because I now that the odds stacked against me means that I'd spend my time much more productively standing in Jeuno then I would wasting voidstones on trying to get the pulse items because the drop rate is so low.
    (5)

Seems to be always the same people who get everything from VW, so after months and months of trying for certain items.. most people just gave up (or got that item a million times).

SE really should make more items able to be made into cells... or allow stuff to be transfered into party pool... but its not likely to happen
    (3)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Many people I know of have given up on things like Toci's. After 300+ fights (yes they've beat it 300+ times) they just say f*ck it and use their time on other things.

SE's developers were downright stupid with the drop rates. I mean utterly and completely stupid.
    (21)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No, no. What's worse is the people who keep getting the same item. I've trashed at least 5 Phasmida Belts, and the people who come to Kaggen have gotten 10 Mekira bodies but still no sign of belt. It's stupid, and it's frustrating that items keep appearing to people who no longer need them, or like in Ig-Alima the other day one of the mages ended up with Borealis. Had NO JOBS whatsoever that were melee and got Borealis.
    (4)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The tickets should have been 1 to get an item, not 5. 5 is ridiculous there is no movement on most of this gear at all. Most people are giving up. Anything that didn't get a ticket should have seen a massive increase to drop rate as well.
    (10)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Shout's depend on 2 thing's. People who shout for them and people waiting for the shout's to join them. Once the people that shout get what they want they don't shout for them any more. So the ppl that want gear, sitting around waiting for those shout's to come are just out of luck.
    Guess what I'm saying is, become the shouter and not the guy waiting around.
    (15)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Shout's depend on 2 thing's. People who shout for them and people waiting for the shout's to join them. Once the people that shout get what they want they don't shout for them any more. So the ppl that want gear, sitting around waiting for those shout's to come are just out of luck.
    ^^ that's it. I don't like shouting, but it gets the job done, always helps when shout starts with 6/18, or at least core jobs covered. Scheduled ls runs is getting it done for us slacker shell mates who forgot there was a story line involved... But yeah, tired of waiting, start your own shouts....
    (0)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawesemo View Post
    But yeah, tired of waiting, start your own shouts....
    I knew I'd get this advice when I started the thread. But starting a group only works if there are people interested in joining it. I started this thread to see if there really was a general motivation problem here and so far signs point to yes; we've had one person report a positive VW server environment and several people report that they personally are discouraged. This isn't much data though, and I'd like to hear reports from other people about the VW environment on their servers, whether good or bad. For that matter if you too are on Ragnarok and think I'm full of shit I'd like to hear your perspective on VW on our server. I'm trying to gather data, not just support my preconceived notions.

Incidentally, the Complainer's Rule (if you keep quiet for a long time about not getting something, then once you finally complain the game will give it you) holds true once again; a little while after my initial post, I saw and joined an Uptala shout (although it took a long time to fill up). The Gimp Rule was also validated, as I went 1/3 on Ace's Mail that I can't equip. Now if I can just get Botulus Rex down that will be all VW monsters cleared.
    (2)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    SE killed VWNM themself. if everything wasn't r/ex and near .5% drop rate people wouldn't mind doing any of them. But making 90% of it r/ex and with such a low drop rate no one is willing to do anything cept for Plates and Riftdross/cinders
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast